It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Oh, it's a whole album. Those don't seem to embed. Here is one of the songs. I love Enya!

edit on 24-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

I always loved this one...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Spent some time last night over on the Kanawha River Railroad after getting word of a northbound coal train getting ready to leave. Seeing as to how I have never done a video at night over there up until last night. I found the nice little spot to set up at the north end of the yard. After loading earlier in the day and adding some more power before departure. Loaded coal train KN37 is seen proceeding north through Diamond, West Virginia as it starts its journey towards Columbus, Ohio along Norfolk Southern's former West Virginia Secondary with Norfolk Southern ET44AC 3635 and Direct Current to Alternating Current Conversion 4001 as the first two locomotives on the train.

This was from last night over there as well. While waiting for the train to clear the crossing so I could get the going away shot of the tail end coal train as it went off into the night. Just screwing around with the still camera.

Some of you, *cough*Lorri*cough*, may have already seen this on Facebook as my current cover photo. With a decent sized cut of coal cars in tow. A pair of Big Eagle Railroad GP38s are seen bringing their train under the loader at Patriot Coal's Big Eagle Mining.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry, didn't mean to a debbie downer.

Hi Gimmie. Nice Pic's.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey kat and thank you!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Oh, That was cool! Nice night video! Pretty colored lights all magical and stuff. Why yes, yes I did see the facebook pic.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Kitty Kat, no problem Hun! I just know what some people are thinking. I get it from my Sister all the time. LOL
LOVE your pic of the hummingbirds! Beautiful!

Chooch, awesome music vid you posted! Wow! The Indian...er...Native American music and the visuals are breath taking!!!! I'm going to watch the rest of it now.
Great find!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Oh thank you for posting that. Love it.

It is very relaxing.

Ok I gotta a funny one for Jacy.

I here this is the way ya'll fish in the winter.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I got to listening to it and thought, hey the peeps over here would like it so post. It's a mix of music for me tonight before going to bed. Time for a band named after a truck, here's R.E.O. Speedwagon with "Take It on the Run."

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Love that song

But I play it in much more blues kinda way

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

*running in to slap Cody on the butt*
*pulls his hair*
*then gives him a squishy*

Heyyy Youuu!!!!

I will be back to reply to everybody shortly!!
Excited to see a busy night in here!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi all, just stopping in to say hello. Trying to get on the site and bit more often. Hopefully I will have something useful to contribute soon.

Stay beautiful
edit on 24-3-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!!!! I still need to read and get caught up but thought I would sneak in and let you know…
It's Friday!!!!!!!
OK, going to read and get caught up…

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Marty...Good morning Admin, lol.

You're looking beautimus this morning!!
(Can you please teach me how to reply to multiple members in one reply? Every time I try...I end up messing it all up!)

Apparently you and Night Star both had spaghetti last night? Me too.
Thanks to whoever left a big pot of it in the kitchen for us!

WalkInSilence...Hey sweetie! Self discipline is over-rated, lol.
That picture was perfect, you have no idea. Yes, my hubby tells me I have some 'splaining to do. Calls me Lucy.
Also calls me Thelma, but I try to explain that Chirp is Thelma and I am Louise.

I was an only child so I read a lot of books, many that may have been beyond my comprehension at the time, but still I persisted. I believe that I owe my extensive vocabulary to other writers...and I'm grateful.

Night Star...Every time I mention someone from The Shed, my hubby always now asks me, "Is that the one who's married to a Pork Chop?" lol...and if I say "yes", then he kinda smiles like he approves...haha!
I have managed to learn to say a few things in Portuguese, mostly important stuff like "shut your mouth now" and "do you want some chicken?"

crappiekat...I'm a smoker too. It's my only bad habit...I know I have to quit soon and I'm resisting (like a bratty kid).
Oh, and y'all are wrong! I don't fish in the winter, lol.
(I don't fish in the summer either...in my defence, I'm a first generation Canadian so fishing hasn't had time to get into my genes yet!)

Chooch...*hugs* Hey stranger! How great to see you again. I see so many cool train pics and think I should post them for you...but we're never online at the same time lately.

pfishy...Hi! I just saw you were here! You don't have to add anything useful here...chit-chat is encouraged as much as story writing hunny!

And now Marty's back, so I've come full circle from last night to present.
Good Morning Everybody!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Omg Mike I was so worried about you!

It's so good to see you!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Have you come up for air? Taking a break or playing with weather?

Not really. It's the Work 'n Sleep Routine for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I don't think there is one song from Enya that I haven't heard. She's just so awesome. I have something like five albums from her.

edit on 24-3-2017 by swanne because: Double negative cancels out

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
I use Word. I click reply, paste the code into a word document and type. Then when all of my replies are complete I copy them all back to ATS. I tried to copy and paste code within reply window but it usually goes poof! Seeing someone speak my “language” is pure awesomeness! LOL
I swear The Shed has linked our lives in such freaky ways…actually it is quite cool. Spaghetti was actually very good last night.
Your convo with hubby cracks me up. “LLLuuucccyyy, you got some splaining to do!” “Thelma get in here.” “What? I’m not Thelma, I’m Louise” “Who married a pork chop?” OK, now that I have mentally worked that out. LOL (It’s still early, where’s the coffee)
And yes, I am also a smoker. I know I need to stop but I’m just not a quitter, it isn’t in me. LOL
Books, ah the wonders that they can take us to. I was the strange kid that at 5 was lugging around a book heavier than I was. My first “real” book was The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It sucked me in and still hasn’t let me go. Once I realized that you could open a book and travel to different worlds and meet different people I never wanted to play in the real word again. I also have a hard time watching a movie after reading a book. If they don’t pronounce names the same way I would or if they give a character a personality that I don’t like it ruins the movie.

OMG, I had planned on catching up and somehow just rambled on about nothingness!!!! Oh well, it’s Friday.

ETA: So I can respond to at least two people in this book!
a reply to: swanne
Don't work too hard that you get wore down!!! How is everything going? It must be tons of work writing everything out

edit on 3/24/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Okay, gotta go!

I'll (hopefully) be back later.

That's what a cautious Terminator would say, lol - "I'll hopefully be back later".

Hehe lol Sorry, I think I'm missing some sleep.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Don't work too hard that you get wore down!!! How is everything going? It must be tons of work writing everything out

About a hundred pages of text.

But I've already completed 2/3 of the whole thing. I've memorised the structure of one document, so I can sort and integrate the text of the other document more efficiently.

Oh, and I also have my real life work in addition to that.

edit on 24-3-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

*waving hello at swanne*

Oh Marty, that was an awesome ramble of importance!

I'm exactly the same about movies after books, and I'm really glad I didn't read the Game of Thrones books because I fell in love with so many characters that I may not have liked if I only read about them. (it can work both ways, lol)

I read ridiculously varied books when I was young. I insisted on doing my grade 7 book report on "Go Ask Alice" which was about drug use (gasp) but I stood up for my rights because I thought I had something important to say.
I read a lot of historical stuff by Frank Yerby, and lots of classics that left lasting impressions with me.
My reading material has always been as eclectic as my music, so it all makes sense to me.

I'm a person who can be self-taught through reading. I've learned a lot and even learned how to do html back in the day when you had to use it to have a "home page".
Also fixed my vacuum cleaner...a friend's laptop (by following directions on my own)...even learned to hold up a dragging car exhaust with my belt.

Now I'm rambling on, hehe..

new topics

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join