It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Well to figure thins out I watch YouTube. I'm pretty sure that given enough time I could do Paul's aortic valve replacement, I just need a few minutes on YouTube. Hahahaha

I have fixed everything from ice makers to dehumidifiers. LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I love that!!! So true!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hahaha...we're on the same wavelength!

I'm just trying to post positive messages for anyone who's around.
(or maybe I just need them myself)
It's getting really dark out now and we're supposed to get 3-4 days of rain.
Ugh, eh?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's cloudy here but we are supposed to hit 70!!!!!! So I can't complain about the weather today.
Heck it's so warm I might go streaking! Up for some fun?

The GIFs are too big...but you must watch them. I threatened to streak...so I needed evidence....see evidence here

edit on 3/24/2017 by Martin75 because: why won't my animation animate!!!!! GAH!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yup, I'm in. Supposed to hit 70 here too.
(your evidence was hilarious...had to watch it a few times, lol)

Here's the instructional video in case anyone wants to join us (actually it's more like a theme song):

Lookety lookety!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
OK I am getting nothing done but I am having one heck of a giggle fest this morning

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Who knew if a duck and a cougar fought the duck would win! LOL Oh someone needs to stop me!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm the wrong one to stop you.
I'm too busy avoiding real life at the moment.

That first video made me wince...think of the flesh-burn when he hits the ground nekkid...ouch!!

I enjoy watching grown adults wearing cartoon costumes pushing each other to the ground.
Maybe I should start watching more sports?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am enjoy the mascot GIFs way too much! I hope I haven't just identified a fetish I didn't know I have! LOL
Well if it's up to me I will hide you in The Shed as long as you like. And I will work on the entertainment

edit on 3/24/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You have literally opened up a whole new world for me now.
Mascot gifs.
Who knew it would be so entertaining?

In my town there is a shop that always has some poor person standing outside in a costume, holding a sign.
I usually honk and wave, but today I think I will give him/her a coffee and donut.
(after I knock them to the ground, hehe...)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Something about just knocking people over is just too funny to me. I think I get way too much enjoyment out of it. We have those people that stand in front of stores with signs. Do you think they will forgive us when we give them the coffee and donuts?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm thinking I missed out on my dream career.
To get paid for wearing a costume and acting like an idiot in public places?
(I'd almost pay them, tee-hee)

Nah, I don't think they would forgive us.
That's why I'm gonna leave my car running when I do it.
Should we post our experience later? You know, compare notes and see if we can perfect our techniques?

(What are you planning to wear? I have a cape...and a Batman t-shirt...it's a start.)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh we should dfinetely film it so we can show NightStar later, LOL
I think I'm going to wear my squirrel outfit

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Squirrel!!!

I have a sudden urge to knock you to the ground now.

Night Star will think we've been drinking when she reads all this, lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Us drink? Never!
We've been here all day just hanging out being kinda lazy

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good Morning Sheddooligans! Wow this post turned out to be a monster. SORRY!

a reply to: SyxPak

PrairieShepherd set his dragon-shaped stein in the center hole of the stump next to him, then stood up suddenly, eyes scanning the skies in the distance. Visaera the green pixie looked at him sharply, her eyes asking if he had gone completely mad.

He could hear it, sense it. His heart leaped, and he ran from the Shed's backyard by the fire pit out to the fields, wool cloak flying behind him.

As he entered the meadow, the magnificent shape that had been circling in the air finally alighted on the green grass, folding his great wings in and swinging his great head toward the welcoming party.

Shepherd jogged over by the others who had gathered and embraced the mighty dragon's neck. "Welcome home, Syx. We've missed you, brother."

You are correct. These two are finding themselves in situations where they have to make a choice - to continue on alone bearing their burdens, or to open themselves up to hurt and betrayal. Each has experienced much that they carry. We've seen a piece of Siere's burden (but not all of it
) and over the next two episodes we will begin to understand a bit more about Gaalen and what he carries.

a reply to: Night Star
LOVE Enya. Gorgeous songs. I particularly liked what she did for the Lord of the Rings movies. Good stuff.

LMAO!!

Yeah, what was up with spaghetti yesterday? It sounds really good - and I make an awesome spaghetti thankyouverymuch. The secret is, of course, red wine in the sauce. And making your own sauce. With red wine. And herbs.

Did I mention the wine?

Get to go to a Japanese restaurant today (Shepherd was born on this day about 459 years ago...)

Like Martin75, I use another editor. As long as you don't edit anything in the Reply box when it comes up, but just copy the text that says "a reply to: SomeDude", then you can hit "Reply" on multiple posts in the page and the reply-to post text changes with each reply button. ATS is weird that way, but there's a workaround.

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm a person who can be self-taught through reading. I've learned a lot and even learned how to do html back in the day when you had to use it to have a "home page".
Also fixed my vacuum cleaner...a friend's laptop (by following directions on my own)...even learned to hold up a dragging car exhaust with my belt.

This ^^^^^. I wired the basement of our first house after reading one book. I only had to hit Google once. I also taught myself computer programming (that would be my current career) from one book. Funny - I have NEVER used that particular language outside of the exercises in that book - LOL.

HAHA! I love The Mask! Jim Carey at some of his finest, IMO. I was never a big fan of Ace Ventura or the Dumb & Dumber movies. But The Mask and Liar Liar were both really good. My boys still laugh at "THE CLAW".

edit on 3-24-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Getting the emoticon right. Must have emoticon!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Shep Yes I wasn't a huge fan of dumb & dumber...a little too dumb (although Paul & Danielle love it!). Another good one was Major Paine, I think at one time we knew all the lines. LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns
(Shed 14) Page 29 - As Good as a Death Sentence
(Shed 14) Page 32 - A Vow by the Lake
(Shed 14) Page 38 - A Bottle of Ink
(Shed 14) Page 41 - Kaena's Mistake
(Shed 14) Page 54 - A Command Performance
(Shed 14) Page 55 - A Cautious Offer
(Shed 14) Page 59 - The Water Drummer
(Shed 14) Page 65 - Regret
(Shed 14) Page 93 - A Limit of the Gift
(Shed 14) Page 93 - The Ambassador
(Shed 14) Page 98 - The Seeress's Secret, part 1
(Shed 14) Page 101 - The Seeress's Secret, part 2
(Shed 14) Page 109 - The Seeress's Secret, part 3
(Shed 14) Page 113 - What Must Be Borne
(Shed 14) Page 114 - A Woman of Unspeakable Power
(Shed 14) Page 117 - The Servant

Today's episode: Just Some Old Scars

The room fell silent for a moment, then she spoke again.

“After I am fully recovered, we must talk.”

“As you wish, Seeress.”

Grimacing, he turned to look back out the window, his hand still pressed to the side of his lower back.

“Lord Braeghe, why are you,” she trailed off, then exclaimed, “You are bleeding!”

“So I am,” he shrugged, turning her head toward her. She was looking at him critically. He noticed the feeling more now, the sticky wetness between his fingers held just above his waistline. He plucked absently at the now blood-soaked portion of the shirt.

“Come over here and sit down,” she said, moving the one intact chair next to the bed. He turned to obey, sitting down with his back to her and arms resting on the back of the chair.

His habit of obedience was strong – despite his two recent Corrections, the a’akirjutama over his heart had not been needed to Compel him in years. Mother had spent a small fortune on the diamond used to create it. A symbol of purity for her son. A symbol of prison.

“Lift your shirt, I need to see what I’m dealing with.”

He carefully lifted the hem of his shirt up slightly – only as much as necessary – and she inspected the wound, pushing at it gently. After a moment, she paused, then pushed some of the fabric of his shirt farther. Suddenly she grabbed the hem and pulled it up all the way to expose his back, and her sharp intake of breath stabbed at him. Immediately he stood up and faced her, shame blooming in his chest. Her dark eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open.

“What happened to you?” she whispered.

Gaalen looked away. “Just some old scars.”

Her brow furrowed in irritation. “That is not what I asked. How did you come by them?”

Gaalen stiffened, and he stared intently at her, controlling his tongue. Deliberately, he said, “They’re healed now, Seeress.” What if she tried to Take his scars? What if she found out?

“You are avoiding--”

He stared at her. She stopped, and pursed her lips, shaking her head. “Sit back down. And take your shirt off, please.” He complied. What was the point of trying to hide them now?

As she worked, deftly cleaning the wound with the water and the handwashing towel in the room, he could almost feel her eyes on his back, examining the criss-crossing jumble of pale runnels and welts. Her fingertips were warm, and her dark hair was soft as it brushed his bare skin. Even now, she smelled of flowers and a spice he couldn’t identify.

“I have heard of this, but I’ve never actually,” she muttered, not finishing the thought. “Some of those are more than a simple whipping though.”

He did not respond, and she looked him in the eyes. “You were scourged, weren’t you?” she said, aghast. Her cleaning of his wound had become more vigorous, and Gaalen had to concentrate to hide the pain.

Gaalen looked away toward the window. “Some things are best left in the dark, Seeress.”

“I could find out, you know.”

“I know. Please do not do that.”

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Amazing entry as always Shep! I see we are now starting to "see" Gaalen's scars and the pain that he still carries. Thanks so much for continuing to share!!!

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join