It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovahs witness....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
In all fairness to Zak, it's Sunday. Busy day for Witnesses.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The scripture in Acts that says keep abstaining from blood mean to stay away from it, if someone had a serious drinking problem and ruined there liver and the doctor said you cannot have any alchohol, would it be a smart thing for him to say ok i wont drink but im going to Intraveneously feed it into my Veins, So to reason with this you would compare that scripture from Acts to Levitcus 17:14 that says anyone eating blood i shall cut of from his people, So even though it says do not eat and the other scripture says abstain from it, which would mean Do not Eat,Drink, or feed into your body system.

Also Acts 15:29 says To keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled if you carefully keep yourselves from these things you will prosper good health, my sister died from blood complications after being operated on, i dont now for sure but i feel she would have made it if they used non blood expanders and let her own body replenish itself with its own cells.

I appreciat everyone sympathy, it was tough loss for our family but we do realize that it was out of our hands, we do not know why they chose to use blood over other means, i have no idea how long it took for them to get the court order. No charges were pressed against the Dr we realize he thought he was doing what he felt was right. She died for what she belived in and if being a JW is the only hope of me seeing her again then thats what i will do.

And i guess you could call us Doorknockers if you want, but Jesus Instructed his Followers to preach about Gods Kingdom we dont get any money or fame for going to people door it done all on volunteer basis, and like i have said before Jehovahs witnesses Do not Hide Molesters, I cant remember where its at in the Bible but it says to Turn in those who Sin against Ceaser and Molesting Children is a big Sin, There are also groups who call themselves JW and even have a kingdom hall but Do not Follow Gods Commandments, this would be a group That wouldnt suprise me if they had charges against them. Its kind of like this your wife cheats on you for 5 years and hides it but in due time you find out and more then likely you divorce her, kind of the same things here all those priests molested all those kids but in due time it comes out in the open and is dealt with, like Jehovah said in the bible that in due time all who lead double lives will be sifted out of my people,

Now if there is an incident of molestation The Elders Dont even bother with tring to fix the problem themselves they turn straight over to ceaser which the bible says to do.

Its kind of interesting to read all these posts i never knew that so many hated us JWs, its really kind of sad, we are peaceful people just trying to do things right and by no means to we profess to be perfect or to do things better then anyone else, we firmly Believe that what Jehovah said in the bible about there being only one God and one faith the faith that started when his son came to earth, and again i cant remember the scripture right off the top of my head but it says that many will drift away from my teaching and rule there own beliefs, which is why there are so many different religions JWs were never Fully recognized until 1914, so in sence yes the organization has only been around for about 100 years as a organization but they have always been around since Jesus came to earth.

There will come a time when man wants to do away with religion, Jehovah said to pay ceasers things to ceaser and Gods thing to God, so when the times comes and man tries to do away with religion and they say we cant talk to others at there door anymore we will not stop because of Jehovahs commandment To continue Preaching In the Time of the end.

And as far as charities and college go, we do not give money to most charities cuz they are backed by other religions but Donations to hospitols, fire departments or charties to Cancer research for cures is not against our beliefs, and college, hmmm i cant even begin to think of how much trouble some people can get into at college and all the temptations that can arise from being at college, however we are not told you cannot go to college, and plus most people who go to college do not get a job for what they went to college for anyways, I am currently In a tech school for EMT and would like to go onto Paramedic, it is smart to get training so you can support yourself and a family.

I know some of the things about the blood issue are confusing but if you want you can go to any kingdom hall and ask for the No Blood video, no it will not convert you but might help some to understand a little better how JWs View Blood better then what I described.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

She died for what she belived in and if being a JW is the only hope of me seeing her again then thats what i will do.

Your sister was 16 at the time of the accident, right?

"She chose her fate" is what the Watchtower will say. How interesting that when a person DIES from the blood issue, the choice is shifted to that person, but when they are alive and being forced to carry a non-blood card in their wallet, it is clearly not a choice but a mandate. You are aware of what will happen to you as a JW if you refuse the blood issue, right? You'll be kicked out. Don't you think your sister felt that pressure at age 16? I wish she had parents who were more informed and more courageous, frankly. I wish she was still alive.

You have an eternal soul and so does your sister. I felt this truth when I was a JW, but they wouldn't let me research it or even subscribe to that belief so I left that church, gladly. If you believe in Christ then you can believe his promises about heaven. That means your sister is in heaven right now, in spite of what the JW say. Their whole story of an earthly resurrection and a paradise earth is a lie. When you die, you'll be reunited with her, just as Christ spoke to the fellow on his side and said, "You will be with me in paradise."

I have a question: Does the Watchtower keep a photograph of your sister at the back of her old Kingdom Hall? Is there a memorium to her in the building where she worshipped all her life? No, there isn't. Zak, the Watchtower does not care about you, your sister or your parents. If you begin to actually read and discern the bible, they will kick you out even after you have sacrificed a loved one for their blood-law. Real Christian houses of worship would have some way to regularly remember those who have died for their 'beliefs' but in the Watchtower-cult, you are a worthless, anonymous slave. Try putting her picture up on the bulletin board at the back of your Kingdom Hall and see how the elders react.

There are also groups who call themselves JW and even have a kingdom hall but Do not Follow Gods Commandments, this would be a group That wouldnt suprise me if they had charges against them.

Are you serious? What Watchtower organization resides at Columbia heights, Patterson, etc? Don't you think these accusers KNOW what JW church molested them? There is no other JW church that has Kingdom Halls all over the nation. There are a few little groups that call themselves by similar names (NOT Jehovah's Witnesses but variations on that name) but they are tiny, unfunded and they don't do door-to-door recruting. There is only one Watchtower church with billions of dollars in equity (not to mention the millions of dollars in cash) and who recruits from door-to-door. Think for a second if you still can: If the purpose of the doorknocking work is to proclaim Jehovah's name, then would the Watchtower society accept that there are OTHER groups doing the same work, also called Jehovah's Witnesses? Of course not.

Zak, you are being lied to. Not only that but you are an obedient mouthpiece for the JWs and their teachings. If you believe the JW molestation scandal actually involves some OTHER Jehovah Witness group then you are way beyond help. You are swallowing whale-sized lies.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We are not forced to carry the no blood cards we choose to do it, And if you say That im being lied to then your calling god a lier which im not sure but im just guessing that he doesnt appreciate that very much, Because the bible which is gods word because no man could have written it that long ago without gods direction and just so happen that all the prophecy comes true, The bible says There will be a paradise, The bible says abstain from blood, The bible says One faith "which was started by his Son" and one lord, Think about this When the Bible says Man rules himself to his own destruction it fits Because things are getting worse in the world as time goes on. With man Ruling himself i mean look at Bush somethings he does good on other things he does has the world frowning on him.

Those of you who were JWs and now are not left because you dont like to be told what to do, but obviously you need to be guided, If God wanted us to serve him in our own way Then well lets see there are about 6 billion people on the earth so that would mean 6 billion different ways to serve God which would mean that all would be wrong, So that would contradict The bible when is says or im sorry when God says Do not follow earthling man Because his ways are trecherous, But then again since I believe God and the Bible that makes me a Lie along with God and why would God want us to serve him in our own way if he said One lord One Faith, it does not say one lord many faiths if you dont believe me look it up,

I used to think that all religions are the same but when you get down and look at the differences, They are so different. I was 18 ready to go into the marines 3 month later my sister died for what she beleived in, we did not grow up witnesses only been a witness for about 13 yrs. the bible predicted That His people JWs would be ridiculed well look at what you guys are doing your saying im brainwashed,

You will all get what you want soon, Eventually we may be locked up or punished for doing what The bible tells us to do, and when that happens thats when things get interesting, But i guess if you dont Believe the Bible about The one and only true Faith started by his son then all you will do is ridicule and mock us for what we do, But thats ok thats what Jehovah fortold the end times would be like.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I used to think that all religions are the same but when you get down and look at the differences, They are so different. I was 18 ready to go into the marines 3 month later my sister died for what she beleived in,

This moment obviously had a profound affect on you. Maybe you're not locked in like I said. If you are a JW for her than you can take the next step and STOP being a JW for her. I hope that happens.

Seriously, ask them to put a picture of her up at the back of the Kingdom Hall. She's worth it, right? Why is the memory of her not important to the Watchtower? Even Marines who make the ultimate sacrifice get memorialized. I haven't lost my sisters in death, but they are still locked inside the JW organization far away from me. I hope someday they free themselves mentally but they won't talk to me since I have left the church so there's no way for me to reach them.

And if you say That im being lied to then your calling god a lier

I'm not calling God a liar. Interesting how you see the Watchtower's voice as God's voice. You'll never question that, eh?

there are about 6 billion people on the earth so that would mean 6 billion different ways to serve God which would mean that all would be wrong

Not really when you realize that churches are the problem. Humans would pretty much agree on how to worship God if it weren't for intolerant churches and religions. Can't you see that we humans are pretty much the same and we all just want satisfaction in our lives? Religion is a complicated subject for you because it's all you know as a JW but to freethinkers, it's a small part of life. Spirituality is far more important than religion.

the bible predicted That His people JWs would be ridiculed well look at what you guys are doing

Yes, I am aware that by coming down hard on you I am reinforcing their programming of you. The Watchtower tells you: "The apostates and outsiders hate us and so you will see them persecuting us!" but in fact, I like you a lot. It's your religion I am persecuting. To me, it's worth the trade-off because if there comes a moment where you see yourself as an individual and not a robot, my words will not be seen as persecution but rather the words of a friend.

You remember David Koresh, right? Well he had the same persecution complex that the Watchtower has. Once the ATF showed up at his doorstep, his followers were even more convinced he was the messiah because he had told them they would be persecuted. Jim Jones told his followers the same thing. In fact, a major sign of a cult is that the leaders tell the followers to expect persecution.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Because the bible which is gods word because no man could have written it that long ago without gods direction

Guess what...it was written by people....and it wasn't all that long ago either. Dude you need to get out more. Hey in America....do your clocks run backwards? cuz it's so scary how primitive and pervasive and backwards your once semi-normal nation is sliding. Most of the great scientific discoveries came from Us in the 20th century, but I'm starting to think the great discoveries of the 21st century will belong to someone else. And it's not a problem you can shoot at. Surely your God thinks more of you than to keep you a as mind-slave to dogma....surely.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaVe RyDa

Because the bible which is gods word because no man could have written it that long ago without gods direction

Guess what...it was written by people....and it wasn't all that long ago either. Dude you need to get out more. Hey in America....do your clocks run backwards? cuz it's so scary how primitive and pervasive and backwards your once semi-normal nation is sliding. Most of the great scientific discoveries came from Us in the 20th century, but I'm starting to think the great discoveries of the 21st century will belong to someone else. And it's not a problem you can shoot at. Surely your God thinks more of you than to keep you a as mind-slave to dogma....surely.

What?

The writings of the Bible are ancient compared to the US. I'm really not getting your point.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The JW Religion, as ALL religions - are institutions. The institutional church's mission is to perpetuate itself. These institutions NEED people like poor Zak to do this. I will keep a candle lit for Zak and all others who are blinded by these misguided institutions.

First, God is not a "he" - I find any discussion that refers to God as "he" to be a dead give away with respect to the level of intellect involved in the discussion.

Second, God is big enough for All humanity - and All ET's!

Third, God doesn't give a rip how you (e.g. your soul) reconnect to God - just that you do. For some, this may mean being a card-carrying member of an institution. For others, it means devoting your life to reflect God's Love - without being involved with an institution. When you believe you have the Truth - and no one else does - you are not reflecting God's infinite Love, Wisdom or Compassion.

Think for yourself and make sure any institution you choose to become part of only enhances and encourages your thinking and questionning.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
why would i stop being a JW for my sister, i was catholic before being JW and JWs are the only thing that makes sense, and yes God does care about how you serve him, thats why he send his son to earth to start on Organized religion, which also makes sense because God knew man can not lead himself, And im not Goin to comment on Et's Cuz i have found no Info In the bible That says God did or didnt create another life form however it does say that in the begining God created Life which was man,

But in return when you say that im being lied to i could say that you are being lied to or listened to the wrong opinion Since you decided to leave the JWs, And when the bible says that only a few will inherit his kingdom, all 6 billion people are not a few, I guess you can choose to do what you want But what if i chose to leave the JWs and then the end comes and im on the Wrong side of Gods judgement then what? cuz if i leave the JWs that will mean i quit following Gods Commandments, Which mean I wouldnt Follow the Blood Law he set in place that says Keep Abstaining from blood,

I would then be apart of the World, when God said Have no part of the world

I would not be going out in service Preaching his word which he said Go and preach and make disciples not for your own recognition but to let everyone know about Gods kingdom,

If i left the JWs i would probably be in the Military which God Intructed Do not Kill and remain nuetral in any Political and Military Conflict.

If I left JWs i would not be going to Meetings Which God instructed To continue Gathering yourselves togther so you can remain united together when Tribulation starts, The Bible also says that Those Who Faithfully Follow his commands and Call upon his name will inherit his paradise onearth

So do you see all of the things that i would be disobeying To God if i left and then i would never See my sister again so im going to play it safe and stay where i feel, But if it so happens that in the end you are right that any religion and anyone will make it Then maybe i will see you on earth and we can talk about How Crazy this conversation was.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes - "playing it safe" is one way to go about life. Especially if you believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally.

Things to think about:

Why is the Bible missing certain "books"? More about these "books" are outlined in "The Nag Hammadi Library". It is a library of fourth-century papyrus manuscripts discovered in 1945.

I've spent quite a bit of time studying the Bible and what I've realized in that process is that it's very important to interpret the Bible within the context of the historical, as well as political, period it was written.

A scholarly approach is warranted when it comes to Bible interpretation - but then again - that isn't the 'safe' way to go as you may discover information that challenges you to go to a deeper level in your Love of God - which is very self-evident.

My suggestion is that if you really want to discover the true nature of God, go deeper - much deeper - in your pursuit of that eternal connection.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you would please send me a link to These missing books and proof that they were in the Original Testament, I also understand that some religions refuse to read certain parts of the bible, why is this, are they scared that some scriptures will actually bring out the Truth about there religion, as witnesses we are encouraged to read the whole bible.

You can only Search so far Because like God said There is an appointed time for everything and that the light keeps getting brighter so therefore as times goes the more we understand so therefore there are things that no man understands yet, He gave us Simple Rules to follow and its funny how when i Post them on here With Scriptures to back them up all you guys do is point out something else that you think is wrong with the JWs

[edit on 7-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think this link would be a very good place to start delving into the Nag Hammadi Library. That said, it is just one aspect of why it is important to approach the Bible from a historical and political perspective.

Ask yourself why some of these books were excluded? Look into the politics of that period of time - discern for yourself the implications.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Zak, do you know how many people go straight from the Catholic church into the JWs? Lots. At the Sunday Watchtower Study, you only repeat what the paragraphs say and you only read the scriptures they tell you to. Even JWs who set the goal of reading the whole bible see it as a chore. It's more important that they keep their doorknocking hours up to par with other JWs.

Catholics generally don't read the bible much either so if you went from them straight into the JWs you still probably don't realize who Christ was. You are still not thinking critically or independently. You are having the bible interpreted for you by men with ulterior motives. Take a look at the Watchtower annual report and look at the millions of dollars in cash reserves they have. Then take a look at how many JW "pioneers" live in poverty. Why does the Watchtower hoard cash?

Have you ever prayed directly to Jesus rather than to Jehovah? I assume that like most JWs, the idea of doing that strikes fear into your heart. However, Christ was the messiah, not Jehovah. Jehovah is a Hebrew God and the Watchtower exists to promote zionism (covertly) and to deny Jesus. Look closer and you'll see this.

Even accepting that, however, I encourage you to look closer at your church and to question the elders about the abuse scandal at every opportunity. Although I believe there is an afterlife, I also believe that if you are associated with evil down here on Earth, you'll have to pay some kind of price up there in heaven. The Watchtower is an evil cult hiding behind the happy faces of its rank-and-file drones.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

As a ex-jehovah's witness you are right . No one partakes of the food and wine,it's just passed around. I have done some research and actually their practice of passing the bread and wine around without partaking is like the enochians had a simular ritual(some have mentioned as satanic) they pass bread and wine around without partaking of it where they reject christ jesus. (I am going to do more research because some have argued the enochians rejected the flesh not meaning jesus) Alot of us make mistakes of joing these cults on blind faith or in my case born into it. So you take their doctrines and theologies,false prophecies as the truth without question,and if you question you are labled as "evil slave class'or 'apostates'. JW's ignore Deut.18:20-22"It speaks of beware of false prophecies". I am still doing research on the origins of JW's. I have been learning alot of shocking things about this cult i am no longer in. I urge JW's to read"Crisis of Conscience" by raymond franz a former governing body of the JW's. I am very happy to break free

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join