It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovahs witness....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
But If only One is Acceptable Like The Jehovahs Witnesses Then They Live And everyone else doesnt.

What if the Muslims are right? Then are we all gonna go to hell? What I'm saying is if God is merciful like it is believed then he should spare us. If not we must not have a very merciful God. And if we don't have a merciful God then Heaven must not be all its cracked up to be then?

Oh and I have a question for you. Let's say there's a family in a part of the world that is very hard to reach. They live in a foreign country that is cut off from the rest of the world. They do not know anything about the religions of the world. Since they no nothing of other religions they decide to worship a tree. They think the tree created them and they think the tree is God. Will they go to hell?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It Ignorance to say that the JW are part of some government planning to map out everyone in the world by using card index, JW are not The world police i think the US government has better tabs on you then the JW do that would be why you were issued a Social Security number Sherlock. The JW respect everyones rights if they say do not come back then they mark on the card Do not Call Its a thing called Human rights in case you didnt know, and The bible says that everyone will be preached to in every part of the earth, Back in the isrealites times many mighty nations with armies 3x as big as everyone elses fell from power that Banned witnesses This was Fortold in the Bible. WW2 Germany Hitler Killed JWs and many other people of Beliefs They fell from power And JWs Started coming out of the Wood works, The Cold War Russia Had Banned a Few Religions And JWs were one of them, when they Fell apart Guess what JWs in russia Spread and Grew 2x as fast as any other religion in Russia, This is how Gods word gets spread through out the whole world And Great and mighty as China may be, They Do not Allow Religion for the most part just as all the other nations above that i described it wouldnt suprise me to see china fall, escpecialy since the bible talks about a Battle between the King of the North and King of the south, which the king of the south is The US-Britain Super power, and it says that the king of north will have no victory.
If anyone Know there history You would know that The Very First Religion Was Jehovahs witnesses when Jesus was on earth, The bible fortold That many religions will split off Because man would want to rule himself rather then be ruled by God hence the reason Jehovah Is taken out of most bibles today but the original Testament From the Original Hebrew Scriptures says Yaweah Which in English Means Jehovah, hence man is loosing respect for religion, But we will see when the time comes, I have Researched many religions and when it comes to following the bible The JWs Follow it to a "T"

[edit on 3-3-2005 by zakattack]

[edit on 3-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The Bible does say That any nation or people to turn against my followers will fall by my hand, When the Bible says broad and spacious Its taking about Religion God gave many commandment and one of them being to Get our of her my people babylon the Great "Worlds Religion" for this is the way to Destruction so there fore its not talking about the many broad and spacious ways to make Peanut butter cookies, And There is a Scripture that says to remain Nuetral In any Politics or military Conflict So there for it dont matter what Nation The JWs are in They will not fight. And The JWs do not Hide behind the government If the gov didnt want us they would ban us which will happen sometime in the future,Now there are bad people in all religions like God said in the bible there will be Slanders of him and they will slander and speak terrible things against his people, And If you watched and payed attention to what happen about the Pedophile Charges against JWs you will see that they were all dropped, They all either wanted money or to be noticed So my suggestion to you is to quit hearing what you want to hear. The JWs are not the Only religion to have Charges against them. And if the charges werent Dropped Then It would still be all over the Media Right now Kind of the ones for the Priest that are going on now.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And If you watched and payed attention to what happen about the Pedophile Charges against JWs you will see that they were all dropped, They all either wanted money or to be noticed So my suggestion to you is to quit hearing what you want to hear.

What happened to "What if the JW's are right?" Ah so now it's "we".

Glad to see your Watchtower lawyers were able to get their multi-million dollar religon off tha' child-rape charges. For your information, zak, there are lots more lawsuits pending now that these people have a voice. If you go to www.silentlambs.org... you can read dozens of true stories about what children of the Watchtower have endured. I guess these victims are looking for fame or money, eh? I suppose that's why they give up their whole life to fight this evil cult, eh? Hilarious.

Decieved door-pounders like you will defend their Watchtower-mother forever. In the end, however, Jehovah Witnesses are demographically stupid, uneducated dolts. Their policy of forbidding college makes their members dumb and easily led. They are a cult and if you are a JW, you should wake up and flee.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have friend too who used to be JW. She was kicked out of her
church and now her Mom and her sisters won't speak to her.
The reason being that when my friend's daughter was born,
the baby had a heart defect and needed a blood transfusion.
My friend let the baby have the blood transfusion against her
family's wishes.
She says she's not sorry though. She'd do it again to save her
baby's life.

Why don't JW's believe in blood transfusions?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's not enough that the Watchtower sends child molestors to your door, they also then DENY any connection to the people who do the witnessing work.

JW Woman Runs Over Rival JW in 'Field Service' --Watchtower Denies Connection

The link above tells the story of a JW woman who drove over another JW woman while they were both out in the neighborhood, knocking on doors. Apparently this was due to a feud they had. The victim sued the Watchtower society alleging that they were responsible for their member's conduct while out doorknocking. The Watchtower's lawyers said that they had nothing to do with this door-to-door canvassing called "Field Service". They said this doorknocking was spontaneously done by their members. This is an outright lie.

Now let's see: They fight to keep child-molesting men protected, but then they totally deny any responsibility for the actions of those same members when these are in your neighborhood. Mind you, we're talking about an organization that has carte-blanche to move through every American suburb without notice.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
LOL, like i said there are bad people in all religions, its funny more commit crimes from other religions its only when JWs do something wrong do people blow it out of proportion, And I give no Credit To the Silenlamb website Did you know that Almost all Molestation charges against the JW were Former witnessses who are now Apostates which means that they Do everyhthing they can to bring down JWs, Im not saying No JW has never Molested someone But, The witnesses Follow the bible when it says Pay ceaser things to ceaser and gods things to god so therefore when a JW commits a crime He is turned into authorities and then removed from the congregation and disfellowshiped if found guilty of molestation charges and yes disfellowshiped people are removed from the congregation and not spoken to That is the way it is Described to do so in the bible and that is how JW Congregation are kept clean now there may be some who never come forward and they have been Encouraged to step forward to rid the congregation of Child molesters, Silentlamb websiote is about as bad if not worse then a Globe or National Enquirer magazine If the Globe or national enquirer magazine said the earth was round i would begin to beleive it was flat. And the report on the JW running over another JW that is False There is only one Bible and Tract Society And thats in NY There are others that call themselves bible and tract society but they print information To Inulst the witnesses if you notice in the Report They name 5 or 6 diefferent Bible and tract societies. I dont have time right now but i will post more on the JWs and Blood Transfusion later. Its funny how everyone here Speaks against the JW because of what they heard not what they know.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh and I have a question for you. Let's say there's a family in a part of the world that is very hard to reach. They live in a foreign country that is cut off from the rest of the world. They do not know anything about the religions of the world. Since they no nothing of other religions they decide to worship a tree. They think the tree created them and they think the tree is God. Will they go to hell?

This question sums up why i seriously doubt the existence of ANY god. Religion was manifested by our own minds, nothing else. It's about time we liberate ourselfs from it's chains.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This question sums up why i seriously doubt the existence of ANY god. Religion was manifested by our own minds, nothing else. It's about time we liberate ourselfs from it's chains.

So if there is no God how did the earth come to be, since you dont believe in god you probably trust scientist so when they say that the earth is to complex and that the Conditions are so perfect for life to live on earth that there is no way the got here by Big Bang theory or a big lightning bolt... but then something had to create a lightning bolt where did it come from , If you dont believe in god then we must have got here by chance, or wait maybe you believe in alien yeah thats it we were created by aliens HUh mystery solved... oh wait something must have created them cuz they didnt get there by chance. WAIT WAIT i got it, i got it,we came from dolphins, dolphins evolved from the water to monkeys then monkeys to humans thats it HA i solved it..... oh, no i didnt cuz on order for us to evolve from monkeys and monkeys from dolphins something had to put them here, but then if there is no God how did all this start, AHHHH Damnit!!!!!!! now im lost maybe you can tell us all how we got here.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Almost all Molestation charges against the JW were Former witnessses who are now Apostates which means that they Do everyhthing they can to bring down JWs

Zak, you should check out Wikipedia under the subject Apostate. I'm sure the education will do you good. Cults like The Watchtower use an old trick of hijacking certain words and defining them in a way they prefer. The term apostacy applies to anybody who leaves their religion. Get it? If I am a Catholic apostate, I am welcomed into the JW church. The Catholics then hate me because I'm an apostate. I am clearly attacking the JW church in this post, am I not? I was raised in the JW church and by leaving, I have commited apostacy against them. But what if I reject their definition? What if I reject their church and their God out of hand?

You shouldn't talk to me anyway since the JWs teach you that apostates like me are controlled by Satan. Please clarify if I am wrong.

Face it: Your JW church THRIVES on apostates, so long as they are from other religions. The doorknocking J-Dub doesn't care if it's a Catholic, Baptist or Buddhist who answers the door. They're just Hare Krishnas in slightly nicer duds. They want fresh souls to become additional doorknockers.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

HA i solved it..... oh, no i didnt cuz on order for us to evolve from monkeys and monkeys from dolphins something had to put them here, but then if there is no God how did all this start, AHHHH Damnit!!!!!!! now im lost maybe you can tell us all how we got here.

You can always tell when someone starts to lose an argument.

Zak, how come there's lots of different religions on earth who all have different gods, who all say that 'thier god created it all'...?

What do you say to those religions if we follow your route by saying, yes, there is indeed a maker? Which god is the maker? did they all work together under a construction contract? ' I'll do this bit, you do that bit!'

I'd like to see your answer to that.

I'm quite confident that we will have a scientific answer on how 'everything' began, which will be completely proven in the future at some point, but for now, we have to put up with religious cults trying to brainwash everyone into thier way of thinking.

Have you answered the blood transfusion question yet? i would like to see your answer to that too please, as well as your answer to my question.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Peeps, aren't you an angy one. As stated previously there is bad, as well as good, in all groups. I have no doubt that a JW found to have molested would be thrown out, just like that. BTW, have you heard the one about the priest that...................
You want a coverup, oh boy.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have no doubt that a JW found to have molested would be thrown out, just like that.

Not true. In fact, the Witnesses have a policy that says that ONLY an accusation brought by "TWO witnesses" is valid. Picture this: A child says to their parent, "Brother Jones touched me." and yet when this man is confronted, there is only one witness against him, a single child. The JW elders will uniformly shrug their shoulders and say, "We can't do anything with just one witness to the event. " When the parent complains, they say, "Leave it in Jehovah's hands." and if the parent continues to voice their concern, they will be threatened or expelled because thy are disrespecting 'God's organization'. I have seen this happen with my own eyes. Please do not try to downplay the sufferings of others when you don't know the facts.

Some of these guys see little children as being "tempters" and somehow INITIATING the abuse. It's insanity on a huge scale and It gives me pleasure to speak about it. When children get used and then tossed aside by a corporation masquerading as a religion, it tends to irritate me.

At 209.200.69.133... you can view an interview with Connie Chung and hear the accounts of two women who suffered years of abuse from a JW who still serves in his congregation. You can read the transcript here.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
I have seen this happen with my own eyes. Please do not try to downplay the sufferings of others when you don't know the facts.

Some of these guys see little children as being "tempters" and somehow INITIATING the abuse. It's insanity on a huge scale and It gives me pleasure to speak about it. When children get used and then tossed aside by a corporation masquerading as a religion, it tends to irritate me.

Well, you definatly have issues with the Witnesses but I can tell you that I know what I'm talking about. I spent 24 years as a Witness and I can tell you from fact that what you're saying may happen but it would be rare. Tell you what, I'll stop downplaying it when you stop stating that it's common place. M'kay?

Funny you didn't stay anything about the abuse of priests I brought up, that's much more common. BTW, the Witnesses want nothing to do with this system, so why would they want to run it? Your theories are shot with emotion and little logic.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I spent 24 years as a Witness and I can tell you from fact that what you're saying may happen but it would be rare.

Interesting how you made a statement which I utterly disproved with a visual aid and you just flew right by that. Why are you running intereference for the Watchtower child-molestation scandal?

Do you have any opinions on how these little kids can be rehabilitated? I'd be interested to hear your theories on sex abuse by church authority figures and where it ranks, crime-wise. It is worse than stabbing somebody?

Which one of us is emotional, Intrepid? You're the one who still has a soft-spot for a cult that's covering up child molestation. Why would you defend this group? Are your family members still inside the cult? If so, do they shun you as they are required to do when a family member leaves? I am curious.

EDIT: [I thought I'd post this excerpt from the video above.]

CHUNG: How long did this go on, Heidi?

MEYER: Until -- into my 13th year. Just after I turned 13.

CHUNG: All right. And you reported this to the elders in the Jehovah's Witnesses. And what happened?

MEYER: When I was 15, I went to the elders with this, as we're instructed as Jehovah's Witnesses to do. And I spoke to them in the hopes of discontinuing this problem, and that they would step in and take care of this person.

CHUNG: Did they?

MEYER: No, they did not. They not only said that they thought I had misinterpreted his actions, but they also told me that I needed to be careful who I spoke to about this and what I said about this, because without two eyewitnesses to the situation, I could be faced with a judicial committee for gossip or slander.

CHUNG: Basically, do you think they were trying to tell you not to go to the police?

MEYER: Absolutely. They said to go to the police and bring this matter to court would be a reproach on God's name and God's organization.

CHUNG: So you kept quiet.

MEYER: Absolutely. Under threat of -- under threat of excommunication.

CHUNG: Yes, from the Jehovah's Witnesses. And your whole family, your whole family belonged, so it meant something to you to belong, as well.

MEYER: Absolutely. Not only my family, but as a Jehovah's Witness, you associate only with members in good standing. And that leaves you in a position where everybody you know, everybody you trust, everybody you've ever known or trusted, is somebody who's inside that organization. The threat of being thrown out of that and shunned from them is one powerful enough that kept me quiet for a long, long time.

CHUNG: All right, we'll get back to you, Heidi, in a minute. Amber, you claim that you were molested by the same man when you were 12 years old. What happened to you?

AMBER LONG, ALLEGEDLY ABUSED BY JEHOVAH'S WITNESS: Correct. I was at his parent's home. I was friends with his younger sister. And I was molested there. After that visit I went home and told my parents immediately, and we also went to the elders, as is directed in that religion.

CHUNG: And what happened?

LONG: They, you know, insinuated that it was a misunderstanding, that maybe I was upset, told us to come back and talk about it later. When I still stuck to my story, they told us there was really nothing they could do, because there wasn't two eyewitnesses. And again there was that veiled threat of being excommunicated.

And all my life, growing up after that, they, you know, made insinuations to the fact that perhaps it was something that I had done that warranted the abuse.

Mind you, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you visit www.silentlambs.org... you'll find lots of personal accounts. Notice how these girls were threatened with shunning and total excommunication.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
the jehovas witnesss also believe their saviour is still alive in the flesh..

i dont see this as possible..regarding true beliefs in the ''divine'' being..

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
the jehovas witnesss also believe their saviour is still alive in the flesh..

No they don't, they believe that he's in heaven, ruling with most of the "annointed", the rest are still here on Earth. That would be the 144,000 you keep hearing about.

Peeps, I think you need help. I'm not being smart here, I think you may be refering to yourself. If so you need a counsillor that can help you.

Anyone reading this will see who is being emotional here. That is what lead me to this.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well i just had bible studies and my ministers dont lie when they tell me about beliefs having to do with other systems, religions. ill find the resources backing this up and get with you later.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, I read what you editted in Peeps and I'd have to say thet it probably tripe. The Witnesses don't "excommunicate" people, that's a Catholic process, they "disfellowship". I should know, I've been disfellowshiped for smoking, which is legal. Do you think they would allow child molestation, which is illegal? Not much sense there.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Its funny to see the blind trying to persuade the blind to see properly.
When will the era come when we see the very old religion or what it is namely a doctrine based on propaanda and lies.
Remenants of a time where humanity was in its ethical and sociatal infancy and egos were killing for power.
All this knowledge that is available nower days via internet books etc and yet the mass is as ignorant and naive as the time when these religions were invented.

And many people are wondering why the world is such a bloody mess??

Its not perse religion is a bad thing, its the ones in power that uses it to manipulate the mass for their own gain.IT ALWAYS HAS AND IT ALWAYS WILL!!!history repeats itself till the mass grows up and cuts threw theBS.

1+1=2 its that simple, only most people, and especially americans, are to anethesized to see things for what the really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join