It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran - Mega Capital of Iran - Photo Album (Bush doesn't want you to see this side of Iran!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Please let us not taint this topic and let us continue to see the beauty of Iran. I can hear some of our resident Nazis thinking "boy, I can't wait till they invade; I am going to live there"

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
our resident Nazis thinking "boy, I can't wait till they invade; I am going to live there"

IC, you do realize that in about 70-80 years the Middle East will be a part of the USA. I can't prove this yet, but just look at the political/socio/economic trends in the last 125 years between USA and the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hey Germany was beautiful when it was ruled by the Nazis, maybe we should never have waged war with them!

The Nazi countryside:

Nazi headquarters in Munich (how nice!):

Look how beautiful Hitler's office was:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by persian

Woman being prepared to be stoned to death in accordance with Islamic law:

Actually stoning ad public execution is not carry out anymore. It was banned few years ago but every country has its own positive and negative laws. Do you think all the laws in the US are justified and work for the people?

[edit on 31-1-2005 by persian]

Nope, that is incorrect:

www.amnesty.org.uk...

There are videos of women being stoned here:

www.apostatesofislam.com...

Your websites are not a creditable websites and second website is not about Iran.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

our resident Nazis thinking "boy, I can't wait till they invade; I am going to live there"

IC, you do realize that in about 70-80 years the Middle East will be a part of the USA. I can't prove this yet, but just look at the political/socio/economic trends in the last 125 years between USA and the Middle East.

70-80 years? In 7-8 years America will be officially "radioactive" the question is how long it will take for Russia's paitence to wear thin.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian
Your websites are not a creditable websites and second website is not about Iran.

Amnesty International (United Kingdom) isn't credible?

Quote from the second website:

Stoning to death is still carried out in the current era, in Iran and was carried out in the previous Taliban-ruled Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Hey Germany was beautiful when it was ruled by the Nazis, maybe we should never have waged war with them!

You are trying very hard here. Failing miserably, but trying.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
for mister djohnsto77....

pictures of Liberty!

remember these guys?
how many "black people" they lynched?
men? women? children?
how long time ago?

Just a note. If you believe those pictures are of liberty then maybe you should get out of my country. If you can honestly tell me that those pictures are what America stands for then you are no better than other ignorant KKK/Skinhead out there (or were you just trying to be sarcastic.
)

Deny Ignorance.

hmmm...
i was just "replying" to the post from mister djohnsto77, who posted pictures from 40 years ago in iran, so that was my answer to that "public lynch".
ofcourse i was being sarcastic.
me dont like ignorant KKK, dont worry....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
hmmm...
i was just "replying" to the post from mister djohnsto77, who posted pictures from 40 years ago in iran, so that was my answer to that "public lynch".
ofcourse i was being sarcastic.
me dont like ignorant KKK, dont worry....

Deny Ignorance! Iran is still stoning people, and carrying out other public executions.

[edit on 1/31/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I saw a documentary on Iran that was done by PBS(in the last 6 months),and it was about the over deforestation and desruction of natural resources(like forests).They seem to have a large divide in thinking between the young who enjoy the beauty of the forests,and mountains and the older goverment officials want to westernize at the expense of the natural surroundings.In every shot of Tehran(sp) the smog was sooo thick that mexico city looked good.The film makers interviewed alot of the younger people and they talked alot about going to the mountains on the weekend just to escape the bad smog and smell.They also talked about the population getting to big,too fast as alot of people didnt have jobs, or very low paying jobs because of the surplus of workers.If there are bad people(like terrorists) in Iran, I would suspect they are in outlying areas and not in the very moderate thinking larger citys.I hope we dont go into Iran myself.Although I found the documentary to very enlightening, thier youth(20-30) is alot like us americans,they dont want war or the goverment officials that act like warlords.Some of the pics that have been show here dont have the level of pollution in tthat seems to be present in tehran today(or the wind must have been strong that day).

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This has just turned into a thread about Iran v USA when it should be discussing the beauty of the architecture in the first post.

Pictures of smiling faces used to justify a way of life is just a plain, stupid tactic. For every smiling face there is a crying one - be it in Iran, the US or anywhere else.

It's commendable to be proud of the beauty within ones country, but to state that because beauty exists, there is no negative, is both misleading and ignorant. If either side in this argument could point to beauty without opposition justifiably pointing out a negative, then there would be a point to debate. But as both are at fault, this is only going to degenerate into a "my country is better than yours" argument.

Personally, I couldn't give a crap about how beautiful a building looks on the outside, if on the inside it contains people who are making life miserable for others. Again, it doesn't matter if it's in the US, Iran or anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The title of this thread suggests that some pictures of mountains and buildings is supposed to be reason to have or not have a war...it's pretty lame.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
This has just turned into a thread about Iran v USA when it should be discussing the beauty of the architecture in the first post.

Don't forget, it is in the "war on terrorism" thread. And I certainly do agree that every country has it's unhappy faces and ugly places as well. I know Iran has it's fair share too. However, by showing these photographs we are dispelling that disinformation people have been fed, that says Iran is an extremist, barbaric, terrorist country that's only objective is to destroy the west or mount a suicide mission to destory Israel.

We can see from the photographs that this is not the case. We see a modernizing country with a youthful voice, that will no doubt, if unfettered, become a prosperous country. Anyone can see that bombing these people is criminal and evil.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So, they have the technology to build beautiful roads, those resorts are awesome, and the people in many areas are just like those you would see at your local mall.

With that in mind, I look and see a rapidly progressing people with a goverment in place who wants another agenda altogether. Kinda sounds like the US, no? I do not think we or the people of Iran have a choice anymore, it is inevitable.

The pictures are however proof positive that if they do not, they will have a WMD within the next 2 years due to the technology that is available to them by research and through trade. These are not backward people riding everywhere on camel.

I do not look forward to the ensuing WAR, as I feel if we invade Iran, there may be parts of our own nation that will look like Beirut.

That tower looks incredible by the way.....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Why don't you see what Iranians are saying about Iran:

www.activistchat.com...

The only criminal thing the U.S. could do is ignore this:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

We can see from the photographs that this is not the case. We see a modernizing country with a youthful voice, that will no doubt, if unfettered, become a prosperous country.

I'm sorry. But a photograph is only a photograph.
You only see what the photographer wants you to see.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
OK........ refresh my memory....
why are we thinking of invading Iran?

If we get kicked out of Iraq, why don't we try and look for "Osama bin Hanging"?

Send some of our boys home!

Maybe if his bud gets in office in Iraq, we can back out gracefully.

I want my country back!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

And the photographer can only show you what there is to see. And we can see modern malls, cafes, recreational resorts, highways and modern people walking about the street and aerial shots of mass expanse of urbanized land. There are some hundreds of pictures of this on this site.
Can you deny that?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Do you realize that the way things are going with the Bush evangelic-zionist fascist alliance, there most probably will not be a super power America 70-80 years from now? Do you realize that the U.S. is facing HUGE, OVERWHELMING problems which they're hiding from you? Do you realize that your greedy capitalist crooks have created an entire population enslaved by debt, and that this debt has reached such levels that a collapse of the U.S. economy is just a matter of time? You better wake up to reality. 125 years of relations between the Middle East and the U.S.? 125 years ago the relations between the U.S. and the Middle East were as advanced as are the relations between Mongolia and Greenland. It's only since the World War II that the relations between the two reached a high level. Remember to study the history of the world, because it will tell you what to expect of the future. It's not without reason that they say "history repeats itself". Empires have come and gone. And it's usually the power and the greed that makes them arrogant, corrupt and decadent, just like the U.S. has become today - then begins the painful road to their fall!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

And the photographer can only show you what there is to see. And we can see modern malls, cafes, recreational resorts, highways and modern people walking about the street and aerial shots of mass expanse of urbanized land. There are some hundreds of pictures of this on this site.
Can you deny that?

I will not deny that. But in return there are millions of pictures of atrocities committed by the Iranian regime.
Can you deny that?

The fact is that a photograph is only a small captured image of a subject. Just outside of frame is something else. That something else can be entirely different and give a whole new meaning to the photograph.

Arguing on the basis of a photograph is useless. It is meaningless. A photograph only captures an image. It doesn't capture substance. The US or Iran could print millions of albums of smiling or crying faces. But what is the story behind those faces? A photograph on it's own certainly won't tell you.

Like I said earlier, beauty is meaningless if behind it there is ugliness. The same goes for a photograph.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join