It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran - Mega Capital of Iran - Photo Album (Bush doesn't want you to see this side of Iran!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
TEHRAN PICTURES: www.worldisround.com...

IRAN PICTURES: www.worldisround.com...

Greater Tehran has become a giant metropolis of some 15 million in population. The city boasts some 800+ Parks. Construction of advanced highways, highrises, monuments, museums, is booming like never before.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Siroos]

[edit on 31-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is customary to add a few lines of commentary when you post a new topic at ATS. please do so with this post.

Tehran has changed quite a bit since I was last there in 1976. My favorite spot remains the giant monumnet near the airport (the name eludes me)

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Its good you post these pics. Most of the US and British men between the ages of 18 and 26 need to see them, as they will be walking those streets soon shooting at people. Courtesy of the High Holy King George!!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very nice collection of photos Siroos.
I hope every person who has called for a war against iraq takes a look at them and sees what that country is like.

Here's a few of Iran's Caspian region:
www.payvand.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures- Now show us the destruction of these beautiful places.

I doubt if many of them are standing today. ps. I dont take glee in destruction, its just the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why would Bush not want us to see these pictures? Like Bush controlled the Media anyway
CNN, NBC, ABC is right in Bushs pocket

Irans got some nice modern buildings wow welcome to the 20th century.

Whats with this picture though I have to ask

Distributor of Propecia

Isnt propecia they stuff to make you grow hair? Ironic that the distributor is bald.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Shadow, is that you in the picture?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You found me out I am indeed Iran's Distributor of Propecia. Baldness knows no borders.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Dont get my wrong Iran is indeed a beautiful country another country in that area that is also beautiful IMO is Jordan. I remember watching a show on it and was shocked on just how nice it looked there. Amazing ancient buildings some carved right into mountains. That one at the end of Indiana Jones 3 where the holy grail was real and is located in Jordan.

The King also spoke perfect English seemed like a very educated man.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What aspects is bush supposed to be trying to supress here? No one actually pretends that the whole contry is mud dwellings and run down farms.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
That one at the end of Indiana Jones 3 where the holy grail was real and is located in Jordan.

it is the ruins of Petra and it is very impressive in person. However, upon entering the temple alas there is no chalace and its not all that deep inside.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can't see the pictures

I've heard parts of Lebanon are also quite beautiful.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

it is the ruins of Petra and it is very impressive in person. However, upon entering the temple alas there is no chalace and its not all that deep inside.

Thats what I heard that its just a small plain room inside no big rooms with cool statues inside like the movie. The Outside alone is quite impressive though.

You said in person, so you have been to Jordan? Besides Eygpt my first choice in the area I would like to go to Jordan someday.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just to also note, Afghanistan, before the jihadi anti-communist war and the wars after it, was supposed to also be a very beautiful and well built country.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I can't see the pictures

I've heard parts of Lebanon are also quite beautiful.

I also understand that Beirut was also an incredible city prior to all of the violence and wars. The whole area one it becomes more stable would make for an incredible trip. From the Bekka Valley to just about anywhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
You said in person, so you have been to Jordan? Besides Eygpt my first choice in the area I would like to go to Jordan someday.

I traveled extensivly as a child from age 6 to almost 10. SO it has been a while. But Jordan was a great country and to really appreciate the great ruins like Petra you really have to see them first hand. Its is awe inspiring. As great as Petra is, my three favorites were the Ruins at Delphi, Ephusus in Turkey, and The Persopolis in Iran

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would hate to see it get turned into rubble

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i doubt they're hiding nuclear facilities under these appartment complexes, and carpet bombing is pretty passe' now.....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
i doubt they're hiding nuclear facilities under these appartment complexes, and carpet bombing is pretty passe' now.....

Seen any before and afters of Baghdad, Belgrade, Beirut ect. obviously not... war is not pretty and doesn't only include bombing from planes. Even though that sure does cause a lot of damage more will be cause by ground based weapons.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Trent]

Sep

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes Tehran is a nice place, but my fav city in Iran is Kish.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join