It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Listen Up.

Discussion about another ATS members is ALWAYS Off Topic.

Stop it. NOW.

Anyone that has an issue with a fellow member can talk to the ATS staff privately about it.

Not post about it in a public thread.

Anymore posts like that will be removed and the individuals will have their posting rights removed.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 2/8/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I call fake news on your "nearly everyday" comment, its max one a week

There was one yesterday because I remember posting in it, they usually start in the Rant forum or Board Business.

I hadn't noticed, really - probably because these threads never seem to make it to the front page.

Currently, the ATS front page starts with these topics:

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS (about Trump)
Mapping the Swamp (about Trump)
President Trump’s simplistic, illogical worldview, in one tweet (about Trump)
Trump to Be Barred From U.K. Parliament Over ‘Racism and Sexism’ (about Trump)
Trump says terrorism acts ignored. Evidence? (about Trump)
BREAKING: Senate confirms DeVos as Education secretary Vice President Pence breaks 50-50 tie (about American politics, and Trump)
Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration (about Trump)
Interview with Berkeley protest organiser, most rabid and disgusting Ive seen yet (about American politics)
Which Songs Affect You On A Visceral Level?
Trump is a Racist (well, about racism, right)?

Really. See my point? There is just ONE more or less fortean topic there, the rest is about a guy named Trump..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's just a sign of the times.

It is easier to post a snippet from an article and copy and paste the name of said article as the thread title, than it is to come up with a thought provoking original thread.

Nay Trump. Yay Trump. Makes you more popular. Requires less work. Regurgitate instead of innovate. Rinse repeat. Star flags. Culture/Art/Thought is dead and all that jazz.

Or not. Or always.

Path of least resistance.

But, like Augustus said. You can complain and wallow in the irony. Or you can be the change you want.

Neither.

Both.

Cathartic.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
I hadn't noticed, really - probably because these threads never seem to make it to the front page.

I'm pretty sure they all get closed at some point and redirected to the 'be the change you want' thread.

edit on 8-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Every so often we get these threads, but unfortunately the old days are long gone... ATS has been infested with political threads for so long now, to a point of forgetting what made ATS great in the first place.

One year ago I wrote this thread So much noise about the next president. I think perhaps it's even more relevant today.

Let's make ATS great again?
How about that.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
But, like Augustus said. You can complain and wallow in the irony. Or you can be the change you want.

Or, perhaps - dare I say this - you can hope that the management of these premises will understand what is happening to their forum and will do something about it. For example, limit the number of posts about American politics on the front page for a while. Or, if this is what they want, rename the site to About Trump Stuff

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There was one yesterday because I remember posting in it, they usually start in the Rant forum or Board Business.

That was not a quote of what I said - please don't put words into my mouth

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That was not a quote of what I said - please don't put words into my mouth

Relax, I left too many quote tags in my reply.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I joined during the election cycle in 2004 and even back then people were lamenting the political climate on ATS. The halcyon days everyone seem to be waxing about existed when there was only a handful of members and the site was mainly about Area 51. Almost no one active now was then.

Politics and current events happen every day and often have ties to the underlying, far reaching conspiracies that people adhere to. There's not a bigfoot or UFO sighting every day. What's been said about the JFK assassination has pretty much been said, the same goes for 9/11.

The main page is mostly politics, true, but everything else is still there too.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Or, perhaps - dare I say this - you can hope that the management of these premises will understand what is happening to their forum and will do something about it. For example, limit the number of posts about American politics on the front page for a while. Or, if this is what they want, rename the site to About Trump Stuff

Id be curious to know how they decide what goes on the front page or whether its just a straight up computer algorithm based on views, replies and flags?
This being a conspiracy site if they start messing with the front page your gonna get half the members screaming about censorship and ATS pushing an agenda

Other than a landing page I dont even look at the front page, I log in daily so I just scan the new topics but if you have a particular interest you can just go to that forum and all youll see is that topic.

It sounds like your problem may be one of site navigation rather than content

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Id be curious to know how they decide what goes on the front page or whether its just a straight up computer algorithm based on views, replies and flags?

Pretty sure the Bossman said it was an algorithm.

I never personally use the main page, I just click on 'recent'.

edit on 8-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Can we have ATS back, please?

Nope, PR-management isn't amused and they need that job.
Plus you don't have any proof for your bubbling theory.

*giggles*

Good to see you right at it, I'll try to remember this post the next time I'm about to kill someone again.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The old ATS is dead.

ATS is now a forum for the alt-right and political debate.

the days of 9/11 conspiracies, ufo's, the NWO, the wacky Alex Jones video discussions they are GONE!

Shame really i enjoyed it to

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It sounds like your problem may be one of site navigation rather than content

Well, perhaps, but since the OP nine new threads started, of which three are about Trump and one was about American politics. So, the problem may actually really BE that there is an unbalance..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

At the end of last year I saw a few pages with ciclejerk-election threads only on the top-page. It's not a site-navigation issue.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Got to say that even though I post quite a bit in political themed threads I have noticed that ATS seems to be becoming more of a political and current affairs site rather than the predominantly conspiracy and alternative theory site it used to be.

Far too many bannings of good members......but its still head and shoulders above any other site of this type and there are still lots of excellent members presenting some fascinating work and information.

Just so sick to death of the multitude of Trump threads that have dominated this site for the last 6 months or so.

I have said this a few times before but I am not all to sure there are any conspiracies left are there?

All the old ones are done to death and anything new and interesting is shot down by the old guard are their army of conspiracy hipsters.

You can't even talk about the mandella effect in the skunkworks and that was exactly the kind of crazy the forum was made for.

I'm thinking about taking up golf or something to fill the void.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think it's up to long term members to turn the tide. If as members we keep posting divisive political post we only exasperat the problem. Like the politicians who say do as I say, not as I do.......a reply to: reldra

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I reckon the Amigos need to unban Bernard Schnitzel. That dude was a barrel of laughs.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You have to take it back. No one is going to tailor their content to suit your narrow needs.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I think it's up to long term members to turn the tide. If as members we keep posting divisive political post we only exasperat the problem. Like the politicians who say do as I say, not as I do.......a reply to: reldra

I have been here for 6 yeras i think and lurked about before that.

ATS has always had a big focus on political debate only this last year it has boiled over.

I used to write some pretty beefy threads about various topics but now i have given up because after 6 years i have realised that many on ATS don't want to have a informative discussion about some interesting conspiracy theory. They would rather debate and argue with each other about over some silly two sided issue of left vs right politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join