It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Total speculation here,
Since the elections, I think ATS has been raking in a lot of views and hits.
Now with Trump, I don't expect it to be slowing down any time soon.

Even if ATS had a master plan to restore it to it's previous glory, I don't think it would be a good for business.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: erikthegreen
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I didn't see what this place used to be but I know what it is now. Lots of mudslinging...and agendas.

I have been a member here since 2004 or 2006, can't remember off hand, heh. Anyway, a long time. I can tell you, it's not as it once was. Sure there have always been political posts, but now it's just ate up with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I used to make threads on here all the time. Had some very informative and interesting discussions, but ATS hasn't been like that in several years, so I just stopped. As a matter of fact, I have spent more time here in the last week than I have in the last 2 or 3 years. That's just being frankly honest.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is this another thread complaining about the volume of political threads instead of making a topic you really want to discuss?

Threads like this one reeks of elitism. This isn't a call for increased participation in the threads the author likes, but more of a pleas to silence the threads they disagree with.
Or maybe some of us are just tired of the partisan bs... Yeah? Because that's ALL any of it is. All of it's based on partisan flavor. It would be different if y'all were talking about some overarching governmental conspiracy or something, but let's be frank, that's not what's going on.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I hope we can. I came here via a link looking for chemtrail information, years before I registered.

I love the topics you love and the vast 9/11 library of threads.

It was a much more welcoming and happy place than others I had briefly looked at, like BIN and GLP and a few others long gone. It seems that a lot of people from those places have come here or have been here and there and decided to let their BIN and GLP all hang out, at least, politically speaking. Even sometimes for other topics, like Mandela Effect or chemtrails or the tiny hope a picture on Mars was a real thing. It became nasty. The NWO we feared became opposite, it became...good...in some aspects.

I just hope the corner turned has not been too sharp.

Well...I guess if you want to get over the election and Donald Trump as the new President, that the House and Senate are now right and that the country is going to be returned to what it once was...great...we can do that.

But make no mistake. We on the right have accepted our win and are very happy and comfortable. We have no need or desire to gloat or parade around except for you...the left... who won't shut the hell up and accept the facts. It is you and your group that is whining, crying, rioting, burning, assaulting, fighting, etc. It isn't my side doing any of that.

So...stop being a bunch of bad-losers, stop attacking people (verbally and physically) and get the f over it!

That is all you have to do to bring ATS back to what it once was. But understand this...it was YOU who made it what it is today. And if you think the rest of us are too stupid to realize this, you are sadly mistaken. You started it...you maintain it...you own it.

Now cut it the hell out. Ball's in your court.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I always wondered this about ATS in the new Trump era. In the past, most of the 'above top secret' discussion included questioning current administration, but now we can't question anything 'above trump service' . Even scientific facts are now alt-facts.

It is not just ATS though, even other technology oriented sites are filled with alt-facts now, I think disinformation campaign is complete, anything 'above top secret' is just alt-facts.

On a positive note, business is booming, the more page views, the better.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I used to make threads on here all the time. Had some very informative and interesting discussions, but ATS hasn't been like that in several years, so I just stopped. As a matter of fact, I have spent more time here in the last week than I have in the last 2 or 3 years. That's just being frankly honest.

I am pretty much the exact same mate.

There is no point in writing those huge threads.

I think since that last big site upgrade which i think was really good from a technical point of view but the quality of content has dwindled.

Some of this is probably because the topics on ATS have became much less of a nerdy subculture.

I see a lot of members kicking about who i dont think would have lasted 5mins back in the day.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I contribute money to two forums. One is an all political forum, and ATS is the other. I'll always discuss politics because it pulls me in like tractor beam, but if you think ATS is bad, you should visit political forums. They're insane. I have to come here to get a break from all the negativity. Although I have to admit, it's been hard finding non political threads here and when I search a thread and post in it, automatically bumping it to the top of the Recent folder, it gets overlooked because of political threads.

Gimme some Bigfoot, some UFO's, some parallel universes, dreams that take you places, time travelling stories!

ETA: The thread gets overlooked because of political threads, and quickly falls out of sight again.
edit on 8-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Amen. It's been this way since the last election. The site changed completely and so did the management of it.

I think it all started with how politicized the forums became during the birth of the tea party, and how much pure unadulterated propaganda there was on here and there still is. However, I think that also brought in a lot more people and a lot more sponsors so it's gone overlooked and under-moderated for years now.

I miss my ATS. I've been here since 2004 under a different login and I've seen a lot of ups and downs but when after all this time I seriously consider not wasting my time here any more, something is wrong.

(post by RealGhost removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ATS members have debunked everything else.

Plus how do you separate politics from conspiracy,

Those world leaders have their filthy hands in every sick dishonest and corrupt thing imaginable.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RealGhost

seriously? you should be banned for posting that.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Oh, my. Bwaaaaaahahahaha. Lmao.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OK guys who left the door open and let the children in to the big boys room?

I wonder what your real account is?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Plus how do you separate politics from conspiracy,

Those world leaders have their filth hands in every sick dishonest and corrupt thing imaginable.

That's more or less true.

Since we now have globalism as a "thing," that brings in the NWO and the ideas of the NWO tend to rope in all kinds of implications from Utopian dreams to Biblical End Time prophetic discussion.

Globalism, which is essentially also now a political topic, is a conspiracy that is theoretically possible and theoretically a thing that is not so hidden in plain site by our political elites.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i was listening to the joe rogan/alex jones podcast the other day and it was good but in my opinion even better when they started discussing non political conspiracies, it reminded me of what brought me to this board to begin with.

it is true that a lot of conspiracies are easily debunked but there are still some good ones out there!!
edit on 8-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

seriously? you should be banned for posting that.

That's why he did it under a different account. Mods should be able to figure out who it was and smash both accounts.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have spent a lot of time researching the mother of all conspiracies, something I pretty much ignored, some of it is BS but much of it is right on the money when you see how once wild theories are coming to pass.

There is noting more fascinating at this point in time, I wanted to start a topic but, they stress me out.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I agree. The Mud Pit is being used in a manner I highly doubt it was intended for. It's being used to post one anti-Trump troll thread after another by the same usual suspects. And most of the threads are clearly meant to insult and start arguments. That effects the chemistry of the entire forum.

I also agree with what others have said. I first joined because of talk about aliens, UFO's and ancient civilizations. We used to have some very good posters who have since been banned. Then a newer breed came in and replaced them which was complained about well before the election. The drive-by posters, far more one-line posters, those not interested in genuine debate but instead just insulting and deflecting the opposition, then ATS started taking on a more TMZ style where people would just post nonsense. OP standards have gone down hill and are embarrassing compared to the older standards. OP's used to research an interesting topic, then present paragraphs upon paragraphs of info and opinion relating to their chosen topic.

I'm not sure there's a solution at this point. Part is the younger generation has no attention span or ability to engage in real debate. We're seeing the products of our broken education system filtering into ATS and its happened for years. ATS when going with the new format decided to actively cater to the Facebook/Twitter generation. So we then increasingly saw every time someone had a random thought, thread posted. Quality eroded. But I do think something can be done about the abuse of the Mud Pit. I don't mind the intention of the Mud Pit but there's posters here who almost do nothing but post Mud Pit threads with heavy spin/trolling to start arguments. To the point once respected posters have completely ruined their reputations here and embarrassed themselves with their obsession of using the Mud Pit to troll. Their threads aren't even serious, just meant to provoke. And that effects the culture here. Just yesterday we had some garbage thread attempting to redefine the word racism in order to call all Trump supporters racists, or something like that. Made no sense, served no purpose. A complete garbage thread compared to older standards but that's partly what ATS has become.

But again, part of this is societal. Look at the trash posted all over social media. It's the ruining of an entire generation and critical thought. So I'm not going to sit here and blame ATS and the MOD's who do great work and still run a great site compared to most others. There's tweaks they can make but in the end I think this is a sad reflection of where society is heading.

I'll add, I personally and I know other have as well, stopped making threads on various conspiracy topics. It's no longer worth the time and effort. You take the time to make a thread, then you get like 10 replies and it ends up in the basement never to be seen again. So why do it? There's still interesting topics out there to start threads on, but they'll get ignored and attention will instead go to the latest " Trump is a nazi because he and Hitler pick their wedgies the same way" or some crap like that.
edit on 8-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I have spent a lot of time researching the mother of all conspiracies, something I pretty much ignored, some of it is BS but much of it is right on the money when you see how once wild theories are coming to pass.

There is noting more fascinating at this point in time, I wanted to start a topic but, they stress me out.

I know. There are a lot things you see on YouTube that I used to class as entertainment that start to make a lot of sense, and that's pretty scary. I can't tell if it's the world that's shifting to match what they say or if I'm going off the deep end or a bit of both.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join