It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+257 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Folks,

Preamble: I posted this in "above politics" as it is not a rant, and it sure does not belong in "political mud pit" either. But some may read a rant into it, others may suspect I'm throwing political mud - I can assure you, that's not my intent.

Can we have ATS back, please?

I am a fortean. Forteans, as you probably know, thrive on the unexpected, the weird, the strange, the stuff that happens still - though scientific models say it shouldn't. We are a curious bunch, always looking out for a ghoul, ghost, leprechaun, the occasional UFO. We are hardly surprised if visited by an alien (not to be confused with folks from Mexico), accept that some folks communicate with inner earth lifeforms or bump into Venusians, We don't believe, nor deny, we simply observe and enjoy. It gives us intense pleasure, it is an activity like breathing: constant, life-supporting, mostly unnoticed.

We toe no party line. Politics in themselves are fascinating in their absurdity, so many a fortean spends at least some time observing what happens in the political landscape. To be honest - it's not half as exciting as most other fortean topics. Sure, many forteans support a political ideology - I, for example, consider myself to be an Anarchist (not to be confused with folks from Mexico either). My personal beliefs about how people should live together will colour my utterings, of course. But as a fortean it is of no interest: people from all walks of life, and all colours of the political spectrum enjoy the weirdness that can be found on this planet. In pubs they pour beer to all kinds.

I joined ATS because I am a fortean. ATS, when I joined, provided both recaps of interesting fortean topics already known to me, sometimes brought me new joy by providing an new gem. A lot of people that posted in here clearly were intelligent people, many seemed to have that awesome mix of intelligence and emotional stability that is necessary to have a proper, constructive discussion. Especially when the topic is about seemingly absurd stuff.

Alas, something went totally awry some time ago, and the result is a handicapped forum. At least, that's how it is for me.

Can we have ATS back, please? The ATS that had inspiring, respectful discussions, in which nobody felt the need to raise himself by killing another and step on his corpse? The one bubbling with theories, the one that often had fortean news before any other source had? The one that had threads about UFO's, ghosts, leprechauns, levitations and remote viewing on the front page, instead of item after item about American politics? And, may I add: I've never seen such disrespect for manners and decorum before in my life as here, on ATS, lately.

Can we please have ATS back, folks?

+113 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I thought after the election things might go back to normal, that didn't happen. I miss my old ATS.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I hope we can. I came here via a link looking for chemtrail information, years before I registered.

I love the topics you love and the vast 9/11 library of threads.

It was a much more welcoming and happy place than others I had briefly looked at, like BIN and GLP and a few others long gone. It seems that a lot of people from those places have come here or have been here and there and decided to let their BIN and GLP all hang out, at least, politically speaking. Even sometimes for other topics, like Mandela Effect or chemtrails or the tiny hope a picture on Mars was a real thing. It became nasty. The NWO we feared became opposite, it became...good...in some aspects.

I just hope the corner turned has not been too sharp.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Long live the good old days...

Hear hear...

Warmest

Lags

+64 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I hope we can. I came here via a link looking for chemtrail information, years before I registered.

It seems that a lot of people from those places have come here or have been here and there and decided to let their BIN and GLP all hang out, at least, politically speaking.

I just hope the corner turned has not been too sharp.

Im not picking on you Reldra my dear but are you not one of those who is actively involved in alot of the political threads here?

The corner has been too sharp for many of us here unfortunately...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 8-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I am and I don't take it as your picking on me. This election has coincided with some of my worst conspiracy theorist fears.

I really should stay away from those threads. Even if I say something useful or not speak in them, it won;t stop them.

Believe me, I have had this conversation in PM with many people here.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I really should stay away from those threads.

Try it...you will love ATS again

Warmest

Lags

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Got to say that even though I post quite a bit in political themed threads I have noticed that ATS seems to be becoming more of a political and current affairs site rather than the predominantly conspiracy and alternative theory site it used to be.

Far too many bannings of good members......but its still head and shoulders above any other site of this type and there are still lots of excellent members presenting some fascinating work and information.

Just so sick to death of the multitude of Trump threads that have dominated this site for the last 6 months or so.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Warmest

Lags

I will try to try it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Warmest

Lags

I will try to try it.

“The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
― Thomas Edison

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Just so sick to death of the multitude of Trump threads that have dominated this site for the last 6 months or so.

Well, the thing is, I guess, that current events that affect the entire planet, will garner such talk. It's not as if some dude posted a video to youtube about an orange alien taking over the US.

It's going to stir talk, your politics, given it takes away from globalist authority over everything else every nation with power is dealing with.

Much like when the boston bombers were on the run - ATS was filled with updates, current news, live streams.

I can't fault ATS for that, only the members who contribute. and times are changing. the world is changing. so when leaders change I expect it, more or less. especially when the ones now in power are in direct opposition to the status quo... and as yet this has not been seen to be anything else.

in time, we'll be back to dots in the sky, scary shaved sickly malnourished bears in cages, strange cloud ufo ships, and noises from the moon.

And in time also, we'll see mutant godzilla dolphins swarming the skies over Japan, after their mutant radioactive genetic defects create them. #fukushimadolphinsunite

edit on 8-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Like many here, I thought this madness will be over once the election is over, boy was I wrong. If anything it's gotten worst.

I have to admit, it was fun watching Trump smashing the establishment and the mainstream media, and discussing it here on ATS, but this is too much. Like I've said many times before, ATS is turning into reddit. It seems I can't wait anything without Trump being mentioned in every single thread. It's extremely tiresome.

And to be honest, as non-American, I care very little about the every single specific executive order Trump signs, or what he says, or how other members feel about him. I don't understand why people have a need to start a thread on Above Top Secret, a conspiracy site, telling us how they feel about Trump.

I think that people need to remember that ATS is a CONSPIRACY site, where we discuss things that are not mainstream.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I also consider myself a Fortean and even had a subscription to Fortean Times back in the day

I understand what your saying and do somewhat feel the same way but what we need to remember is that ATS is user generated content so if the boards arent to your liking a big part of the blame goes to you for not posting content youd like to see.

Like you Im also over the politics but at the same time if it wasnt for this site and a few others all I would have to base my opinions on is the MSM and we have all seen what ends up happening to people who use the MSM as their main source of brainfood..... Liberalism eeewwwwwww

Ill make you a deal OP, you make a decent and original Fortean type thread for us all to enjoy and Ill make 2 for you to look at 2 days after yours

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Is this another thread complaining about the volume of political threads instead of making a topic you really want to discuss?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Everyone!? Go directly to either NEW or the FORUMS of your interests. If youre just opening and going to NEWS, TOP, HOT, etc...thats just a small % of topics for the day, and you can avoid this.

Same ATS is here...just swamped in politics if all you do is open, look and move on. With this administration...its not gonna stop for the next 4...and God forbid...8 years.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Maybe build a wall around it, to keep the people who don't follow your ideology out?

fun fact: it's the members who make ATS what it is. What does this say about things???

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I'm 100% with you.

It seems ATS has become infested with people who are only posting in the Mud Pit using the slackened rules there to fulfil their desires to troll, insult and otherwise disrupt and ignoring the rest of the website (which catches them out when they insult someone in a non Mud Pit thread). ATS seems to have become mostly about Mud Pit and very little else.

I came to ATS in 2008 when the Amigos were running an awesome competition. We need that sort of thing again, the community was so close and respectful which is why I joined.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Agree! I'm the same.

I just noticed something this morning. I've been away from here for... I don't know, 3 or maybe even 4 years. I've been back for about a day and immediately noticed that while the subject matter and overall feeling of the site has changed. I see the same old bully (not mentioning names), laying down the same old one liners.

Everything has changed and nothing has changed.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

You should report them to the site mods.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

There is plenty of drama on this website...I haven't been here long and because of the timing of my entry I have been labeled...

Sometimes it's better to not post I have learned.

I see some of the same individuals with agendas that align with insert the blank.

I didn't see what this place used to be but I know what it is now. Lots of mudslinging...and agendas.

Some people are great and while I don't address them directly, I do respect their views and ability to communicate without offending. They bite their tongue and are tactful. Others from top to bottom I have zero respect for which makes this place difficult from time to time...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join