It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump trip canceled; Harley-Davidson wasn't comfortable with likely protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

President Donald Trump will not head to Milwaukee for a previously scheduled visit of a Harley-Davidson factory after the company decided it wasn't comfortable hosting him amid planned protests, an administration official said Tuesday.

Trump had been scheduled to tour the factory Thursday where he also planned to sign executive orders related to American manufacturing.

Trump trip canceled; Harley-Davidson wasn't comfortable with likely protests

Is this unprecedented in recent American history? I've never heard of anything like the above for a POTUS in my lifetime.

I'm looking at this as an unbiased observer, and several unprecedented things are happening around Trump that I think should concern people.

Chicago Tribune discusses four ways of removing Trump as POTUS including a MILITARY COUP

Trump state visit plan 'very difficult' for Queen

Former officials deride Trump's 'mindless' 2-for-1 deregulation plan

White House to Dissenting U.S. Diplomats: ‘Get With the Program’ or Leave

Trump warns senators ‘looking to start World War III’

Former Obama adviser calls Trump decision on Nat Sec panel 'stone cold crazy'

France, Germany unite in face of Trump refugee ban

Trump: New York Times is 'fake news'

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

'Madonna is disgusting' says Donald Trump

Is anyone wondering why so many people want to protest Trump? I don't care how much of a Trump supporter you are, you must have some ability to be unbiased. Please look at the threads linked to above, shouldn't everyone be a little concerned?

As to what the planned protests that Harley-Davidson was concerned about mean for Trump, I think it portends nothing good. He isn't even two weeks into his presidency, and his travel is being curtailed because of likely protests? What will it be like six months from now?
edit on 31-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

While everyone thinks Harley is a hard core, go your own way producer of motorcycles, they are in fact a business that depends on people being weekend riders. Leather and all. In other words, selling lots of $25,000 bikes.

Harley isn't comfortable with anything that could effect sales.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm starting to think he keeps the rhetoric up to purposefully distract from other things that may slip under the rug.

I made this thread earlier.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

While everyone thinks Harley is a hard core, go your own way producer of motorcycles, they are in fact a business that depends on people being weekend riders. Leather and all. In other words, selling lots of $25,000 bikes.

Or how their employees feel or what more protests it may bring to the city.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I hope Republicans are taking note.

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bullying and intimidation tactics.

edit on 31-1-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Didn't a golf course in Hawaii turn down a visit from Obama a few years ago?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bulling and intimidation tactics.

Sorry I misunderstood you at first. But this cycle has been a disgrace for both sides IMHO.
edit on 31-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Show me the last time the right used violence in the US to get their way.

I'm a proud independent BTW.

edit on 31-1-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

With all the hate and lies going around if I were Trump I would not be caught out anyplace in the open.. To many brain washed idiots who would sacrifice themselves for the NWO if they could take Trump out..
edit on 727stk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bulling and intimidation tactics.

And the tit-for-tat Republicans are creating for themselves will not be good. Why should democrats ever again try to reach across the isle on anything. Republicans really don't seem to respect anyone else's opinions or ideas. They really seem against the concept of a cooperative system. They act like villains. They cry like such babies about the small stuff when a democrat is in charge-- and then run like hell toward authoritarian dictatorship as soon as they have the ball. They're so attracted to turbulence and conflict... Republicans have become a liability for America, and the world. They're the f-ups that the whole world knows we'd be better without.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Maybe if your list there accurately represented credible people that want to protest him then you'd have a point here.

That Soros'/Hillary's hysterical lunatic squads would go protest an American MFG hosting a POTUS there on grounds of emboldening the US MFG base is the real Big Story here.

I take it the Dem's care of having the backing of the labor unions in the future is now kaput.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: seasonal

Or how their employees feel or what more protests it may bring to the city.

Could it be that the company doesn't want to be associated with Trump anymore? I think they may have decided it was bad for business.

It appears to be actually exactly the same thing as what's happening with the Queen of England right now. Trump supporters will brush off the protesters as "sour grapes", but the truth is that the protesters have been effective. I realize that thought is anathema to Trump and his supporters, but reality always wins over delusion.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There would have likely been an attempt on the President's life, given the endless violent rioting and seditious and treasonous rhetoric coming from the self-proclaimed left at the moment.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wouldn't call a year long perpetual smear campaign "propping" someone up.

link   

Boo! Lol, Harley, who make bikes for Hell's Angels are scared of a bunch of liberals. Whattt has this world come to? Next it will be Hell's Angels knocking their knees together in fear of Minnie Mouse.

The ways things are it is like democracy, the President and People versus media and slimy snaky corporations. I am loving Trump. That is saying something. I am usually well cynical about politics.

May be we are fools and Trump is just another actor, but I sense something real in him. I truly believe he wants to secure the U.S as a nation after so many years of globalism that has really been about ripping off the world by a chosen few and devolving nations into powerless slurpy tasteless soup instead of nations of proud tradition and democratic autonomy. There is a nobler kind of globalism that is moral where countries can still exist as nations and trade with each other freely and fairly (though I admit I am a terrible idealist). The EU is a dinosaur. In the modern world I could conceivably buy Poema's nonos from her in Tahiti and pay her via Paypal without the protection racket, red tape and who I must buy and sell from/to, of the EU acting it up like Cosa Nostra. They are a little club of nations who take advantage of the world and get a special deal for themselves because collectively they are very powerful. Germany and France have been creaming it off the UK and other states in the EU for over forty years (enough of that). One only has to visit Germany and Greece to know who is getting the three course banquet and who the crumbs as a puppy under the table.

The UK in its own right is very powerful. We have the whole of the Commonwealth organization which is twice the size of the EU in terms of number of states (an a fair reflection of first to developing world states, too). If Trump makes this deal (which he will) with the UK then you, America, have Britain AND the Commonwealth as trading partners. France and Germany are "bricking it" at that thought. Watch them rightfully squirm as they fall from a merry height. Such is the fate of scoundrels.

I hope President Trump holds out. I wish him every luck. I just want to see a strong West reasserting its strength in terms of nation assertiveness quite literally.

I am not a man of war. I hate wars. I love politics and diplomacy. Trump is strong. He has a little bit of that Winston Churchill spirit of the bulldog.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that Harley owners are 80/20 for Trump.
Could have missed a trick here.
Maybe he'll visit Indian or Victory instead...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Give me a break, both sides are bad about hearing each other out.

Acting like the left is the party of tolerance is a fallacy and everyone knows it.

This cycle the term bigot was loosely used along with many others for anyone not backing Hillary.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Billions in free advertising is. It's one of the reasons he won with a small war chest.

link

I'm at work, I'd find a better source but can't at the moment.

They wanted Trump, they thought Hillary would beat him easy.
edit on 31-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And the hateful authoritarian left strikes again.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Give me a break, both sides are bad about hearing each other out.

Acting like the left is the party of tolerance is a fallacy and everyone knows it.

This cycle the term bigot was loosely used along with many others for anyone not backing Hillary.

Sorry... the scales have tipped too far and Republicans are complete and total villains at this point. Obama tried so many times to reach across the isle... but Republican marching orders were to deny all cooperation from the very beginning. Don't even try to say they're both equal. Just look at how the world is reacting to Trump. Republicans are not compatible with this world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join