It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump trip canceled; Harley-Davidson wasn't comfortable with likely protests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
See what I mean?

If you're going to support Bannon, a guy who provides a platform to the alt-right Nazis, and support all the "lying press/dishonest media", mass deportation, torture, Muslim ban, walls, xenophobia and racist ideas.... if you're going to support an authoritarian... who only knows conflict and aggression.... yeah, expect to be called a Nazi... and yes, I have no tolerance for Nazis. I hate Nazis.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am astonished that so many people cannot and will not accept a democratic vote result. A nation that purports to champion democracy is doing its utmost to overturn its own democratic election result. I don't get it.

It's the same here in the UK with Brexit and remainers, they are all for democracy but only if the result goes their way and they create all Holy Hell when it doesn't. The abuse and insults and name-calling by the remainers towards the leavers is appalling.

It's no good abusing those who voted for the winning side, you need to direct your frustrations at those who couldn't be bothered to get off their hoops to vote, those votes could have swung it the other way. How many didn't vote?

What's done is done, let's all move forward and make the best of it. If you can't accept it, just don't start moaning or try to blame others when/if all your disruptions cause things to go tits-up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

See what I mean?

If you're going to support Bannon, a guy who provides a platform to the alt-right Nazis, and support all the "lying press/dishonest media", mass deportation, torture, Muslim ban, walls, xenophobia and racist ideas.... if you're going to support an authoritarian... who only knows conflict and aggression.... yeah, expect to be called a Nazi... and yes, I have no tolerance for Nazis. I hate Nazis.

Do you even know what Nazism is?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: Profusion

I hope Republicans are taking note.

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bulling and intimidation tactics.

And the tit-for-tat Republicans are creating for themselves will not be good. Why should democrats ever again try to reach across the isle on anything. Republicans really don't seem to respect anyone else's opinions or ideas. They really seem against the concept of a cooperative system. They act like villains. They cry like such babies about the small stuff when a democrat is in charge-- and then run like hell toward authoritarian dictatorship as soon as they have the ball. They're so attracted to turbulence and conflict... Republicans have become a liability for America, and the world. They're the f-ups that the whole world knows we'd be better without.

As an Independent who voted for Obama and now, Trump; I have to question your stance! Democrats stronger together stance was bogus! They proved it to me more than any other derogatory stance. I was forced to vote for Trump! Unfortunately, for the democrats, is that they are the ones who expect me to agree 100% with them. That is impossible. We are all individuals! The republicans were not my cup of tea....but they at least we're sincere in their pursuits. It is obvious and not as authoritive as the far left.

We all felt the world seemed to be spiraling into a hell basket, we just have different opinions on why. Personally, I gave the globalization a chance...our world is not ready, how much one may kick and scream...demanding it be so. We need to step back, have patience, and plan for the long term future not the short term. I cannot even say that Republicans have done this...but they do seem smarter in realizing that short term success or failure is not the end all in the longer term effects.

10 and even 20 years can fly by as one ages...the most intelligent and successful, recognize short term values and trends are meaningless...value comes from the steady steps.

Forgive me for my rant! Happy that so many are getting involved with politics but frustrated with so much hypocrisy from both extremes!

I'm sorry... I know you're trying to be all level headed, but I just roll my eyes at this "both extremes" idea. Trump is the extreme right now. He is the extreme and his supporters. They are a movement of hate. You can't compare democrats to this massive movement of hate by Trump and his supporters. If you're going to try to look at both sides, use critical eyes that can actually discern differences.

Trump and his supporters are a movement of hate?
I wouldn't expect any less stupidity from a mentally deranged Leftist such as yourself.
Here is your movement of hate, BLM is the Leftists baby, you Leftists own sh*t like this -

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
I am astonished that so many people cannot and will not accept a democratic vote result. A nation that purports to champion democracy is doing its utmost to overturn its own democratic election result. I don't get it.

It's the same here in the UK with Brexit and remainers, they are all for democracy but only if the result goes their way and they create all Holy Hell when it doesn't. The abuse and insults and name-calling by the remainers towards the leavers is appalling.

It's no good abusing those who voted for the winning side, you need to direct your frustrations at those who couldn't be bothered to get off their hoops to vote, those votes could have swung it the other way. How many didn't vote?

What's done is done, let's all move forward and make the best of it. If you can't accept it, just don't start moaning or try to blame others when/if all your disruptions cause things to go tits-up.

What's astonishing is the blindness of Trump supporters to not recognize the extreme positions that their candidate has taken. That blindness is so ridiculous. The whole world sees it and every day Trump supporters act like clueless morons "why don't they just give him a chance?" It's dumb. Stop being dumb. Recognize.
edit on 31-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Don't feed the trolls/

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hahaha, yea! Union strong baby! Screw trump and his backhanded agenda to pass National Right to Work legislation, raise our taxes, cost of living and stagnate wages. Woo Hoo, Go Harley!! My favorite part is this thread is fueled by conservative tears! Ah, what a great day!!!

#Resist!

link   

See what I mean?

Do you even know what Nazism is?

That's been answered and it's a hard no.

But I'd I had to take a guess, zombie thinks it's anyone who isn't part of the left. I think even some of us independents are grouped in for doing something heinous like defending Republicans. You know the people out in the Midwest who go to church and run a tight family and other nazi stuff.

link   

All those State Department Officials that resigned? they didn't resign they were purged. I mentioned some time back he would have to do some pretty comprehensive purging, I'd bet the CIA is next on the list. You can see a pretty comprehensive organised campaign to get him out.

The next thing he will have to watch out for is violent disruption, by some organised group funded by Soros to make it look like he's some sort of Nazi, when we all know who the Nazis actually are. He has to arrest the head of the snake because their is no way they can afford to let him stay in power, its that simple. If it all comes out they will have to have a mega prison organised to house them all.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Trump hasn't been ordering drone strikes , for the last god knows how many years, just think about it. A million dead in Iraq for what,? what we have now? Who really gives a # about the middle east if you don't kill them they don't come after you, it's not rocket science.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't know what to say here.

What are people protesting? Trump? His policies? The media spin on his policies? One of those 3 actually has standing. The other 2 are meaningless, and I can't help those people.

But to anyone proteting his policies, good for you. That is what we, as American's should do. I just don't see much worthy of a whole lot of protest yet. He's doing what his voters voted for. Exactly as he promised, he's doing. And I suspect that since we manage to go through our day to day lives as Americans without particular issue, our political viewpoints don't really have a whole lot of effect on our lives beyond the mere cosmetic value.

So the whole political argument really is just a few million shades of gray all arguing over who is actually either black or white. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Because we all KNOW that none of us are black or white.....we're gray. And often a very similar shade of gray to those we think we are at odds with.

So what do I think about people not agreeing with Trump so much that they have to invoke hyperbole, bravado, and outright histrionic fits? Get a grip. For real. You look ridiculous. Especially you, Germany, doubling down on your current mitake with immigrants.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Ohanka

if you don't kill them they don't come after you, it's not rocket science.

Yea, wonder who started all that? That really isn't rocket science either ...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

True Republicans are not compatible with the lying, mooching, self-serving, freebie/handout/welfare scarfing left; on that point you are correct. No reason to assist your robber while being robbed.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bulling and intimidation tactics.

And the tit-for-tat Republicans are creating for themselves will not be good. Why should democrats ever again try to reach across the isle on anything. Republicans really don't seem to respect anyone else's opinions or ideas. They really seem against the concept of a cooperative system. They act like villains. They cry like such babies about the small stuff when a democrat is in charge-- and then run like hell toward authoritarian dictatorship as soon as they have the ball. They're so attracted to turbulence and conflict... Republicans have become a liability for America, and the world. They're the f-ups that the whole world knows we'd be better without.

As an Independent who voted for Obama and now, Trump; I have to question your stance! Democrats stronger together stance was bogus! They proved it to me more than any other derogatory stance. I was forced to vote for Trump! Unfortunately, for the democrats, is that they are the ones who expect me to agree 100% with them. That is impossible. We are all individuals! The republicans were not my cup of tea....but they at least we're sincere in their pursuits. It is obvious and not as authoritive as the far left.

We all felt the world seemed to be spiraling into a hell basket, we just have different opinions on why. Personally, I gave the globalization a chance...our world is not ready, how much one may kick and scream...demanding it be so. We need to step back, have patience, and plan for the long term future not the short term. I cannot even say that Republicans have done this...but they do seem smarter in realizing that short term success or failure is not the end all in the longer term effects.

10 and even 20 years can fly by as one ages...the most intelligent and successful, recognize short term values and trends are meaningless...value comes from the steady steps.

Forgive me for my rant! Happy that so many are getting involved with politics but frustrated with so much hypocrisy from both extremes!

I'm sorry... I know you're trying to be all level headed, but I just roll my eyes at this "both extremes" idea. Trump is the extreme right now. He is the extreme and his supporters. They are a movement of hate. You can't compare democrats to this massive movement of hate by Trump and his supporters. If you're going to try to look at both sides, use critical eyes that can actually discern differences.

I can admit you are using critical eyes, as I am. Can you agree that obviously we both are seeing it with eyes based on biased individual perspectives? I know, my own real life experiences create a bias...and that may reflect on me understanding your own bias.

I try to keep an open mind, and believe me, it is difficult. No matter how old I get, I still have a rebellious teenager within that will impulsively argue against someone telling me how I should think or be. Lol. That is where my frustrations can kick in!

My point being, everyone seems to become extreme when they become grouped, but in reality...they are never 100% copies of complete ideas. There is always a variant that can be downplayed so that they can join in and not feel like they are an outsider. It is instinctual.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Let me tell you why you have liberal nations criticizing Trump so fiercely: they have their own growing conservative, national sentiments growing within their own countries, mostly in response to policies over the last 20 years, and they are having to figure out how to squash it.

It won't work. Strauss Howe indicates we are due for surge in nationalism. Like it or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: seasonal

While everyone thinks Harley is a hard core, go your own way producer of motorcycles, they are in fact a business that depends on people being weekend riders. Leather and all. In other words, selling lots of $25,000 bikes.

Harley isn't comfortable with anything that could effect sales.

Or how their employees feel or what more protests it may bring to the city.

I t could be that they're concerned for the welfare of their employees. Leftist protesters are not exactly the peaceful type, but instead tend to be violent bullies.

So maybe they didn't need any tolerant loving liberals torching their business and looting it while punching people and screaming "Not My President!"

An opinion, as always...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

While everyone thinks Harley is a hard core, go your own way producer of motorcycles, they are in fact a business that depends on people being weekend riders. Leather and all. In other words, selling lots of $25,000 bikes.

Harley isn't comfortable with anything that could effect sales.

Most real "Harley guys" build their own. Harley hasn't been 100% American made for awhile.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

What's astonishing is the blindness of Trump supporters to not recognize the extreme positions that their candidate has taken. That blindness is so ridiculous. The whole world sees it and every day Trump supporters act like clueless morons "why don't they just give him a chance?" It's dumb. Stop being dumb. Recognize.

All I recognize is that extreme changes need to be made. We're already drowning in debt, something your ideology never even talks about because it's OK, those of us that work and have businesses just need to shut up and pay more while you morons are trying to make your Utopia. Something that will never happen because, you know, following those ideas will bankrupt us as a nation.

It isn't blindness, it's recognizing that the way of doing things is broken. Your way. It DOESN'T WORK.

So yes, by all means stop being dumb. Stop being a member of a political ideology that embraces their intellectual superiority while at the same time showing that you can't do simple math. For instance, 20 trillion is twice 10 trillion so the last guy sucked and it's time to fix it.

You know, pay the bills. Then bicker about who to invite to dinner.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
feisty in here.

Very smart by Trump.
1. It's a way to demonize the protesters, as they may not be mentally stable enough to not try to kill a president.
2. This will infuriate, bikers, blue collar workers. Further driving a wedge between blue collar unions and the left.

If the Secret service deemed it that dangerous instead of a stunt, I am very worried about the state of the country.

As for NAZIS!
In recent times this is the closest thing to what a nazi does, although it resembled the holodomor moreso; when the soviets starved out the ukrainians.
Look in the mirror

edit on 31-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Next time they lose there should be no questions if they choose to use bullying and intimidation tactics.

Yeah, because when O won in 08, the opposition was super classy and calm

Crips vs Bloods. same events, different partys after each election. Been going on since Reagan

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join