It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Madonna is disgusting' says Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The President said: "Honestly, she's disgusting. I think she hurt herself very badly. I think she hurt that whole cause,' President Trump said of the singer's unhinged outburst.

"I thought her and a couple of others. But I thought she was in particular, I thought what she said was disgraceful to our country."

Madonna said on the Woman's March the day after Donald Trump's inauguration: "I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won't change anything.

SOURCE

I know that most of the forum doesn't care about what Madonna says about anything, but Trump just commented on her. If you still don't want to discuss it, please stay out of this thread.

The reason that I think this is a topic that's worthy of discussion is because I can't recall a POTUS speaking this way about a celebrity. This is more evidence to me that Trump is not a politician (as if anyone doubted that at this point).

I think it's something that we should be a little concerned about. The wrong candid comments like this could start a war someday.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree with trumpy.

Her coments are disgusting.

She had a right to say them but they where abhorrant.

Personaly i think she should be put on a no fly list

edit on 27-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I agree.

Are you trying to rewrite history already?

Trump's quote is "Madonna is disgusting" NOT "Madonna's comments were disgusting."

Did you do that on purpose?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump is a celebrity though, he certainly courts his own celebrity. I don't think such comments will "start a war" someday because internationally the US president doesn't really have that much direct influence, it is all mediated and thankfully the more mature countries recognise this. I think the US is changing and Trump represents the death knell of the old order.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: crazyewok
I agree.

Are you trying to rewrite history already?

Trump's quote is "Madonna is disgusting" NOT "Madonna's comments were disgusting."

Did you do that on purpose?

Madona is disgusting. She is a old lady pretending to be a 20 something.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I agree, Madonna is disgusting.

Give her no further acknowledgement and move on.

kind regards

bally

edit on 27-1-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

This is more evidence to me that Trump is not a politician (as if anyone doubted that at this point).

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I don't personally find her disgusting, but I have no interest in what she has to say, that is not her skill set at all. She is what she is, a pop music star. The end.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana
the US president doesn't really have that much direct influence

Lol, he just single-handedly ordered the building of the equivalent of the Berlin wall. That's pretty much a slap in the face of Mexico.

It's only a start. Wait until the US embassy moves to Jerusalem or when he insults China

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I find her disgusting and not doing any justice to pop music. Maybe she should stick to putting out a new album rather than garnering support for a worthless cause.

The end.

bally
edit on 27-1-2017 by bally001 because: Crikey, spelt me handle wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Oh sure, plenty of peoples with an axe to grind against the US, and he may be permitted to allow that to progress to actually axeing...but it is largely a US domestic issue unfolding not an international one.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Camacho made the decisions that ended up saving his country. He recognized the superior intelligence of "Not Sure", and the rest was history.

Camacho kind of made America great again (within the context of Idiocracy).

I look at her comments on politics as pure entertainment. The thing that makes them newsworthy sometimes is her huge following of fans who make take what she says too seriously.

edit on 27-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Trump is right. Madonna, and some other celebs, really hurt the cause.
Honest protesters should be very careful about aligning themselves with such abhorrent people.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I look at her comments on politics as pure entertainment. The thing that makes them newsworthy sometimes is her huge following of fans who make take what she says too seriously.

That's the difficulty when as a culture you discourage free-thinking and place all the emphasis on freedom of speech.

Too much emphasis on learning by rote, unquestioningly doing, and not enough on thinking things through. They don't agree with person A so have to find a person B to agree with instead rather than accepting the possibility of having their own. But, on the bright side, I think this is where I see the change coming from.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Oh sure, plenty of peoples with an axe to grind against the US, and he may be permitted to allow that to progress to actually axeing...but it is largely a US domestic issue unfolding not an international one.

Trump's tweets are absolutely not a domestic issues.

Many countries felt insulted by him recently and the local press covers this regularly. He should learn to keep his mouth shut now he's president, and learn that the US don't live in a bubble, otherwise he's going to make more and more mistake until he learns.

edit on 27-1-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Can I talk about Mick Jagger?
Back in the 1980's, iirc, he said that Madonna was a no talent person that slept her way to where she got.

If true, that would prove that Trump is correct... she is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Shes just trying to stay relevant, the same as Snoop Dog, yeah he said whoever plays at Trumps inauguration will get roasted by him.

Both of them should buy a couple of old people scooters and go live up in the hills so they dont bother anyone anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Can I talk about Mick Jagger?
Back in the 1980's, iirc, he said that Madonna was a no talent person that slept her way to where she got.

If true, that would prove that Trump is correct... she is disgusting.

To be fair, we don't need any further proof to know Madonna is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that any rational country is going to go to war because their feelings have been hurt? Yes, that someone like Trump is president is, internationally speaking, an embarassment to any reasonable and intelligent person, but will that lead to sufficient upset to cause a war, no, not unless war is required for other reason and then yes, Trump's remarks may be used as an excuse, but that is all they will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I believe Hillary Clinton's comments made Russia consider war.

Putin announces US Clinton WW3 fears in chilling video

I agree with you that there are many relevant factors, but I don't think it's out of the question for a war to start over the wrong words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join