It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer tears up as he calls Trump's immigration ban 'mean-spirited'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer held back tears Sunday while denouncing President Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees.

"This executive order was mean-spirited and un-American," the Democratic senator from New York said through tears. "It was implemented in a way that created chaos and confusion across the country."

Schumer called for the executive order to be reversed "immediately" and suggested that a bipartisan group of lawmakers could introduce legislation to overturn the immigration ban.

"Tears are running down the cheeks of the Statue of Liberty tonight as a grand tradition of America, welcoming immigrants, that has existed since America was founded, has been stomped upon," Schumer said in a statement.

Schumer tears up as he calls Trump's immigration ban 'mean-spirited'

Seriously Senator Schumer??
Crying?!?
He needs a tissue for allahs sake....why won't anyone hand him a hanky?
Is it because everyone is too triggered?

Does this pandering really work with the smarter members of the left?
I'm genuinely curious...
So to the more intellectually liberal members of ATS:
Do you find this to be disingenuous pandering or a sincere outpouring by the Senator?

The hijab clad girl in the background is a great touch by the triggered Senator...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i really want the facebook crying laughing sticker right now.......

pathetic

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I saw it live yesterday and I must say, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

And this years academy award for the best drama in a political speech goes too................................ lol

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer held back tears Sunday while denouncing President Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees.

Fake tears from a Fake congressman.

US Sen. Charles Schumer on Sunday vowed to fight “tooth and nail” against the National Rifle Association to make it a a crime for anyone to sell guns to terrorists.

nypost.com...

“Right now there is a major loophole that would make your jaw drop. Under current law, suspected or known terrorists who are on a no fly list can legally purchase firearms and explosives,” Schumer said.

Guess what people ?

The ONLY people on that list are MUSLIM.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Poor fragile snowflake Chucky Schumer.

What is really mean-spirited is radical Islamic terrorists shooting up followers of their own religion for no good reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mid-terms are gonna be a blast.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe he's been watching to much Glen beck.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Mid-terms are gonna be a blast.

Expect the House turn over.

I am.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmmm let's have a look at 'ol schumers voting record shall we and see if this lines up with the blubbering idiot in the video....

Let us begin:

1. Prohibits the Transfer of Firearms to Suspected Terrorists - Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(47 - 53) His vote: Yea

But then

2.Authorizes the Attorney General to Delay Transfer of Firearms to Suspected Terrorists -Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(53 - 47) Chuck votes:Nay

Nice, very nice.

3. American Security Against Foreign Enemies (SAFE) Act - Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(55 - 43) Chucks vote: Nay

4. Establishes Labeling Standards for Genetically Modified Foods - Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
(63 - 30) His vote:Nay

Seems Chuck is all over the place when it comes to solid moral stances eh. He's simply not bothered about labeling potentially harmful foods that could harm countless American's but he's so, SO concerned about bigotry towards Muslims being 'offended'...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I know one thing! You'll never see Trump shed a tear over refugees and immigrants!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Crocodile tears, really pathetic.

Muslims that are citizens don't even want these radicals slipping in. Who exactly are his tears representing if not the terrorists themselves who are trying to infiltrate the West to sow destruction? The few that slip in only make things worse for the Muslim community that is living in peace in the Free World Nations. Vetting will happen and Muslim families will be allowed to immigrate, with less suspicion and more support for them in the long run.
edit on 30-1-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I would love to harvest his tears and make the most delicious cocktail with them.

Anyone who lives in the New York City area is well aware of Schumer's love of self-serving press conferences. He, along with a bunch of others, is the poster child for 'career politician'.

edit on 30-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hear his presence and camera-hogging performance made matters worse at the airport! What a loonie tool he is, imo!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I know one thing! You'll never see Trump shed a tear over refugees and immigrants!

Trump doesn't waste time in fake tears for the fake news media.
No, he is going to institute vetting so that Muslims can immigrate here successfully.

A temporary ban to institute a vetting program is best for all, especially the Muslim community. It places responsibility on the Nation State for messing up and letting a terrorist slip in instead of on the Muslim community.

Obama and the Schumer's side ran away from responsibility by purposely not vetting, only looking to protect their own Party in another despicable act of Politics before safety, the safety of the public which is their sworn duty.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Trump said today that there's only a 5% chance Schumer's tears were real !!

Call 'em out !!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So let me get this straight - Trump implements a policy that helps to protect moderate Muslims from the radical Muslims who want to kill them for "not being Muslim enough" (see the long history of sectarian violence within Islam for details) and the Left calls this... "mean spirited"?

Is this some subtle plan by the Left to wipe out the majority of Muslims by importing the violent minority that wants to kill them?

Good Lord. This time last year I would have said "satire has become impossible"; now I prefer to say "normality has become improbable".

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And there's a 100% chance of what we are witnessing is some cognitive dissonances of the most epic proportions any of us have ever seen.

From the last eight years of EO's were meaningless to Trump using the same exact language. Same exact countries as his predecessor.

Which the Schumers didn't have a problem with.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't recall seeing him cry the same way for everyone that died on 9/11 - 2001! I am ashamed of him.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't recall seeing him cry the same way for everyone that died on 9/11 - 2001! I am ashamed of him.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I don't recall him crying when Columbus, OH (my home town) had two different incidents involving Somali immigrants attacking people with knives. In fact, they didn't even call it terrorism. Well, the insurance companies did. The attack that happened in a restaurant had to close because it could pay the medical bills, not being insured against terrorist attacks. I'm not against admitting immigrants, but a moratorium due to an obviously flawed existing policy is certainly the least troubling aspect about this whole mess. I didn't see him crying in Orlando or San Bernardino. He can sit on a stick with the other worthless Schumer for all I care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join