It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran thanks God for Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thank you Mr. President. Thanks for your Racist ban against Iranians.

Pres. Trump has (as you know) banned Iranian nationals from entering US, there has been numerous reactions against this move even by MSM like This article from NYT, but to your surprise, many in Iran are not that sorry.

Although one might say that if Trump was honest in his announcement, he would have banned Saudi,Emirati,Qatari nationals and exclude Iran from whatever list he has since NO Iranian has ever launched a terrorist attack on US or anywhere else for that matter.

Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, a Washington-based advocacy group said:

“There is a sense of bewilderment, as well as a sense of injustice,” over why Iran was even included on the list of targeted countries, Mr. Parsi said. No Iranian has been accused of an attack on the American homeland. By contrast, he said, the Sept. 11 attackers included citizens from countries which are not on the list — and “the United States has produced more ISIS fighters than Iran has.”

But TBH many here in Iran believe that this banning is a bliss and i'll explain why:

Iran had one of the highest rates of brain-drain in the world: Brain-drain is a term used when educated citizens of a country migrate outside.

Here is the article for Iranian brain-drain

in a study performed by MIT university, 25% of Iranians in US have a master’s or doctoral degree :

"Washington — Iranian-Americans are far more numerous in the United States than census data indicate and are among the most highly educated people in the country, according to research by the Iranian Studies Group, an independent academic organization, atMassachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The group estimates that the actual number of Iranian-Americans may top 691,000 — more than twice the figure of 338,000 cited in the 2000 U.S. census. According to the latest census data available, more than one in four Iranian-Americans holds a master’s or doctoral degree, the highest rate among 67 ethnic groups studied.

With their high level of educational attainment and a median family income 20 percent higher than the national average, Iranian-Americans contribute substantially to the U.S. economy. Through surveys of Fortune 500 companies and other major corporations, the researchers identified more than 50 Iranian-Americans in senior leadership positions at companies with more than $200 million in asset value."

and we apparently contribute so much to US economy (unfortunately) .

MIT's study about ethnic group's higher education

Since 2-3 years ago this flow of educated Iranians has stopped fortunately and this ban by Mr. trump has a very positive effect on that.

so much that people don't really care about the Racist nature of this ban

Thank you Mr. president for helping Iran grow more than ever. hugs and kisses from Iran

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I pray all of the Middle East will succeed and climb over all this religious crap. But right now, I want to know what Trump is going to do about good paying jobs for America. This ban want last. It is to distract from the issues he was elected for. He and Trumpets lied. They are attacking americans too. Millions will lose their health insurance.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I just wish Trump would ban Americans from traveling to the Middle East. Perhaps then, fewer Americans and westerners would be kidnapped and held hostage by the terrorist regime of Iran.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

You do know the "ban" is temporary right?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is all confusing.. i thought saudi is the one behind 9/11, algaeda, isis.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Keep digging.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Haman, who I would like call friend. It's just as well. Iranians would not be happy here at this moment in time.
We are not ourselves right now, or at least our baser selves are being revealed. It's temporary.

Stay well.

Angelina

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You do know the "ban" is temporary right?
It doesn't make it any less Racist m8.
BTW, Iranian Govt. will not share any info on her citizens to any foreign country. so there is that...

i don't believe this will be a temp. ban, even if it is, it is very insulting.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just wish Trump would ban Americans from traveling to the Middle East. Perhaps then, fewer Americans and westerners would be kidnapped and held hostage by the terrorist regime of Iran.

These people came with a visa:

American Tourists Head to Iran

and these didn't have any. its totally your choice, if you don't carry a Visa, Iranian "terrorists" will definitely "kidnap" you.

carry a Visa and you won't need a ban afterall.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-1-2017 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
We need to start having discussions about when "racism" (and bigotry for that matter), is warranted and when it is, to what degree and for how long. The conversation has been locked down for too long. Sometimes common sense demands it, a necessary evil if it makes it more palatable for you.

I'm not interested in putting American citizens at risk, in numbers impossible to accurately know for sure, just to avoid what is; in part, a manufactured stigma surrounding racism and bigotry.

I'm seeing many parallels between the problems that confront us today and the role that Islam plays in those problems and the problems we faced during the cold war and the role the Communists played in those problems.

There were elements in this country then preaching the positives of communism just as there are here now, preaching that we have nothing to fear from Islam. They were wrong then and they're wrong now. Something to consider is that in many cases, the extant of the infiltration, the damage done wasn't recognized until decades later. In other words, the "proof" of the infiltration and damage came too late too be part of the conversation while it was current. Hopefully we can learn from that.

edit on 28-1-2017 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Haman, who I would like call friend. It's just as well. Iranians would not be happy here at this moment in time.
We are not ourselves right now, or at least our baser selves are being revealed. It's temporary.

Stay well.

Angelina

Thank you my friend, you stay well too. wish you and your people the best.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

BTW, Iranian Govt. will not share any info on her citizens to any foreign country. so there is that...

Well there you go....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
We need to start having discussions about when "racism" (and bigotry for that matter), is warranted and when it is, to what degree and for how long. The conversation has been locked down for too long. Sometimes common sense demands it, a necessary evil if it makes it more palatable for you.

I'm not interested in putting American citizens at risk, in numbers impossible to accurately know for sure, just to avoid what is; in part, a manufactured stigma surrounding racism and bigotry.

I'm seeing many parallels between the problems that confront us today and the role that Islam plays in those problems and the problems we faced during the cold war and the role the Communists played in those problems.

There were elements in this country then preaching the positives of communism just as there are here now, preaching that we have nothing to fear from Islam. They were wrong then and they're wrong now. Something to consider is that in many cases, the extant of the infiltration, the damage done wasn't recognized until decades later. In other words, the "proof" of the infiltration and damage came too late too be part of the conversation while it was current. Hopefully we can learn from that.

No actually this ban is the exact definition of Racism. its a ban against Iranian ethnicity and race

if it was against Islam and "islamic extremism" many countries who are NOT in this list would have been the first ones on it

but they are NOT. so this is not a ban against Islam or Islmaic extremism.

this ban will NOT safeguard American security as the people who flew jets into your buildings are still free to do so and the people who contribute 200bil $ to your economy (again, unfortunately) are indeed banned.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

No actually this ban is the exact definition of Racism. its a ban against Iranian ethnicity and race

I think formally it's being made on the basis of nationality rather than race.

But for the sake of conversation, granting that assertion for a moment, I don't grant that it's strictly and always wrong to make decisions, take actions, or group people by race. So, "It's racist" or "It's bigoted" don't automatically make it wrong, despite that being the popular notion here in the States. Sometimes, as I've already said, common sense demands it.

This is the US taking a breather and re-evaluating the situation, there's nothing wrong with that, rather it's a prudent policy at this time.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Well there you go....
"There i go" ? brother do you know that this kind of thing is not practiced anywhere in the world? do you feel safe if your government shared your information with Iran if you traveled here? I suppose not.

US is building a wall around its border for God's sake. what is this? wall of berlin?

and i think you've misunderstood me. i'm in favor of this ban for the reasons stated in the OP

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

“There is a sense of bewilderment, as well as a sense of injustice,” over why Iran was even included on the list of targeted countries, Mr. Parsi said. No Iranian has been accused of an attack on the American homeland. By contrast, he said, the Sept. 11 attackers included citizens from countries which are not on the list — and “the United States has produced more ISIS fighters than Iran has.”

Bull and SNIP.

Evidence of Iran's involvement in Iraq has mounted in recent years. The military assistance Iran supplies the Shiite militias in Iraq – in financing, training, and armaments – has drawn most of the attention. At the same time, Iranian involvement in Iraq has political, economic, and religious dimensions, whereby Iran is seeking to forge a state with Shiite dominance sharing Iran's interests, a state that would not threaten Iran's standing in the region and would be as free of American influence as possible. The essay seeks to examine the nature of this involvement and the motivation behind it, as well as its limits and possible ramifications.

www.inss.org.il...

The Islamic Republic of Iran has conducted an extensive, expensive, and integrated effort to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power as long as possible while setting conditions to retain its ability to use Syrian territory and assets to pursue its regional interests should Assad fall.

www.understandingwar.org...

It appears — even now — that Saudi Arabia’s ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite “fire” with Sunni “fire”; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da’ish’s strict Salafist ideology.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Iran has produced more ISIS fighters than anyone.

Between Saudi Arabia, and Iran and the centuries old blood feud of which version of Islam is going to dominate.

Free your mind people.

Stop eating up hydrochloro bull hockey.
edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thank you Mr. President. Thanks for your Racist ban against Iranians.

Iran is not a race.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When did Iranians become a "race" ?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Between Saudi Arabia, and Iran and the centuries old blood feud of which version of Islam is going to dominate.

Free your mind people.

Wow thanks for waking everybody up. i was blind till you posted those quotes from 2 Israeli websites.

So what we understand from those articles is that:

Iran supports Shia muslims in Iraq and since Iran and Saudi are rivals then we can conclude that Iran produces more ISIS than anyone in the world.

Amazing logic there. thanks again for "freeing our minds from the chains of super powerful Iranian propaganda"

don't you know we own MSM ?

edit on 28-1-2017 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Careful OP some people here will cry about the hostage crisis and the way their navy boys were treated after being caught in Iranian waters:-/

Aprrently it's also not racist to target Persians

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It appears — even now — that Saudi Arabia’s ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite “fire” with Sunni “fire”; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da’ish’s strict Salafist ideology.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Free your mind people.

Uh...

You're saying Iran has produced more ISIS fighters than anyone because they hate Iran and want to fight them???

ISIS is Wahhabi, a variation on Sunni. Saudis have been trying to convert their primarily Sunni people to Wahhabism for years and have spent billions on it. Iran is primarily Shia - the only such country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join