It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 reasons why you should never visit Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
here is a list of 19 reasons why you should never visit my country , Iran .

click here for a complete list

some of the reasons mentioned in the article :

1- The capital city is basically a ruin

Tehran’s skyline is truly mediocre.

4. The architecture is plain and lackluster.

Why would anyone want to visit the Nasir al-Mulk Mosque in Shiraz?

7. Iranians are a grumpy, pool-party-hating bunch.

I would hate to be hanging out with this boring group.

8. The food is unpalatable and bland.

I wouldn’t touch that stuff with a barge pole.

10. A traveller interested in history and culture would be totally bored here.

Big deal. Every country has at least one 6th century BC Achaemenid Empire burial site.

Finally and must watch :

edit on 27-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

edit on 27-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Iran has a grand and culturally significant history .

But I think many Westerners fear reasons like this.

Iranian police have issued warnings to 62,000 women who were "badly veiled" in the Shiite holy province of Qom as part of a crackdown on dress and behaviour. Colonel Mehdi Khorasani, the provincial police chief, said police had also confiscated around 100 cars for carrying improperly dressed women and said that "encouraging such relaxations are among the objectives of the enemy."

source

Pretty much the same reasons I won't visit Saudi Arabia. But a question does come to mind. Where are all the feminist complaining about the treatment of women?

I don't think any cultures that still View women as unequal has a place in modern times.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All very nice, unless you are a homosexual. Iran and homosexuals don't get on. No happy pics of a couple of men holding hands? No. oh well.

Homosexuals and Iran

Of the Islamic states that ban lesbian and gay sex, Iran is the most zealously homophobic. Since 1980, when the fundamentalists came to power under the leadership of Ayatollah Khomeini, over 4,000 lesbians and gay men have been executed, according to estimates by the exiled Iranian homosexual rights group, Homan.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Copy and paste everything after the "=" sign and your video's will work

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

And all those beheaded gays did not have any rights either.

Lovely commercial anyway, but the system is backward.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

On my phone you have to cut everything before and including the forward slash.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Good point thanks.

Isn't dealing drugs a capital offense or at least life in prison also?

Talk about mandatory minimums.

edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Nice pictures! Your video is not working though! Very good presentation! Unfortunately, I will still never visit. And my reason is personal, but I find much of their cultural habits to be archaic and decidedly male chauvinistic in general. Being a gay Jewish woman would certainly get me beheaded...if that is what I am! I'm not telling by the way so don't ask!

edit on 5 27 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OCD...obsessive cat disorder!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yep , unfortunately that (was) true . dr.ahmadinejad's government ( a very conservative gov.) created a kind of police name "morale police" which cracked down on lightly dressed women in provinces of Qom , tehran and mashhad .

he's gone now and his police with him . but i have to admit that in Iran you still have to dress moderately . based on Iranian constitution , women's hair should be veiled by scarf .

and about your second question , well , Iranian women are treated very good. of course , its normal for a muslim nation to have some religious limitations like visiting stadiums (which is also gonna change in Iran) or wearing a light hijab (a scarf to partially cover your head) , but all in all , 60% of the university students in Iran are women .

Note 1 : i am a doctor and a human rights activist of some sort ( i work in some special campaigns) so i would HATE Iran to be a backwards nation in this regard . but fortunately we're not that bad . you have to visit yourself to know what i mean .

Note 2 : please don't confuse countries who don't let their women drive or get out of home without a "male companion" (whatever the hell that means) with Iran .

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes the most pressing issue with any other country right now is if it's gay accepting or not. I mean there's starving kids in Africa but hey if they showed 2 guys/girls holding hands in a photo I'd def be there!
edit on 2703America/Chicagopm31America/Chicago275 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They kill them too if i remember right. Even robbery can make you buried. Its Sharia Law in Iran.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pool guys remind me of this

Iran: Happy video dancers sentenced to 91 lashes and jail

Did that not happen? western propaganda?? are you just Iranian propaganda???

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Women being treated "good" and women being treated as "equals" are two completely different discussions.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

They also have a nasty habit of taking Western tourist as hostages to be used during the course of international negotiations.

With that in mind I have a new tourism slogan for Iran.

"Arrive on vacation, get arrested and receive interrogation, leave after negotiations." Lol

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Women being treated "good" and women being treated as "equals" are two completely different discussions.

It is like being kicked in one nut instead of both.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I can't say they're treated equal .

Men should not wear scarves , women should . men get only 40% of the seats to universities , women get 60% .

Most of Iranian health care system is run by women , most of Iranian restaurants are run by men .

so , no . not equal .

link   

I guess they are more harsh for tourists than they are for iranians specially if alcohol is involved. i wonder could i pray Jesus and put cross in front of me and been left alone.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I really really like that analogy! May I have permission to use it?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They also have a nasty habit of taking Western tourist as hostages to be used during the course of international negotiations.

With that in mind I have a new tourism slogan for Iran.

"Arrive on vacation, get arrested and receive interrogation, leave after negotiations." Lol
WTF are you talking about ? are you ok dude ? foreign tourists are taken hostage ?

whats the source on that ? are you on some sort of objective here ? OK OK, we get it . don't visit .

you're taken hostage , killed and raped if you visit Iran .

take a couple SSRIs now dude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join