It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 reasons why you should never visit Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Haman, I have to admit, some of what the west thinks of Iran is borderline willful ignorance at best. I'd love to visit Iran some day, the history is astounding & I'd do anything to visit some of the historical sites some day myself. Plus, if the Iranian food I've had in the US & tried to make myself is any indication, I'll come home weighing a little more than before i left

Many years ago, I met a college kid through a friend who was temporarily in Canada for a year for a college class, part of a degree he was going for. Can't remember what it was anymore. He used to blow people away by telling everyone, "Yes, I'm from iran! And yes, I AM Jewish, too. Jews in iran aren't treated badly like you're told, we're pretty much left alone."

Most Americans he met insisted he was BSing, because in the US, the mindset is Muslim country = persecution of everyone else. He in turn insisted that was utterly false slander & didn't appreciate it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

I'm going to bust-out my best party-frock. Gather as many Iranians that you think might be able to keep up with an Aussie and we shall test this myth you speak of.

I also insist you bring those ugly women along too - I shall be the judge of that.

Standby and prepare yourselves.

[wink]

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Bring it on mate , we'll wipe the the dancefloor with your crew .

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

Okay number 20, drawing pictures of Mohammed will get you killed!
Well first of all , i created this thread in order to give people another perspective . Iran is not all bad - as portrayed by western media , thats what i wanted to say .

this is merely a "travel guide" thread , people who talk about wearing scarf and "gay rights" are so off-topic . as i said , i myself am a human rights advocate and i don't enjoy this situation too . but you've gotta understand its the choice of the majority . Iran has a very very complex situation . people get to ballots and they choose their own president and parliament members freely : thats why you can witness dramatic changes in Iranian politics and policies : from ahmadinejad to Dr. rouhani . from the 6th parliament configuration to the new one . Iranian leader is appointed indirectly by people : they vote some "judges" and those judges vote for the leader .

its very complex and not 100% democratic , but it works for the people . they are happy with it .

politics here is very robust , rivals hold demonstrations and campaigns seldom it leads to unrests too.

==========================

regarding your claim that "drawing a cartoon" of 1 billion people's prophet , you're dead wrong .

this is what Iran did in response to that :

www.irancartoon.com...#

en.wikipedia.org...

last time i checked the ones who killed people in response was ISIS members (who we bomb) that are supported and funded by your allies (saudi arabia) .

originally posted by: Nyiah
he met insisted he was BSing, because in the US, the mindset is Muslim country = persecution of everyone else. He in turn insisted that was utterly false slander & didn't appreciate it.

Yes ma'am . Turkey and Iran are hosts to largest populations of jews outside Israel (in the region) . as a shia muslim i resent any hatred and inequality against any minority be it christians or jews from any sexual orientation .

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Iran could do with more tourism and its people are much maligned. Its a beautiful country and everything you show in your thread. People forget how ancient its culture is.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Iran could do with more tourism and its people are much maligned. Its a beautiful country and everything you show in your thread. People forget how ancient its culture is.

It's not the ancient culture I am worried about, it's the 'modern interpretations. I had an Iranian friend [f], she was lovely and westernised, she showed me pictures that showed Iran as a very pretty country. Green and lush [where she lived]. However, it was warm and even on a beach she had to wear a head-scarf [and hated it], that was 9 years ago.

I'd love to visit Iran, but until women's rights [and human-rights in general] are sorted, I would never go. Shame really, looks so interesting and beautiful.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

how many muslims are in US senate or congress ?

The United States President

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Iran has 60% of her population under 30 and the younger people there are more active politically than in most islamic countries. I suspect we will see change coming especially as these people get older and into positions where they can demand change or help it along.

Many younger people both men and women hated Armadinejad's police interfering in their lives and people all over the world are wanting fairer societies. Iran might surprise us also in the future. I do own to preferring Iran to Saudi, which despite its wealth seems sterile somehow.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I allready want to visit this country.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Great thread. An Iranian I worked with said Iran is great if you have money and can suck if you're poor. Well, that pretty much sums up a lot of nations.

Here's a fact that some people may not like: what people want in one culture may not be the same as what people want in another culture.

If Iranians vote to make homosexuality a crime then there are two choices:

1). Support democracy and accept their choice (not agree with it, but accept)
2). Be against criminalization of homosexuality and institute a dictatorship

(I have no idea of it really is a crime there - just using an example)

For those making insinuations that Iran is a backwards nation, my guess is:
a). you have never been to Iran
b). you don't know any Iranians

Let's take the headscarf thing. My bet is that while a lot of American women look at this as a sign of oppression, Iranian women look at it as simply a part of their culture and do not feel oppressed. If you want a course in oppression in Iran, read up a bit on American-backed Shah Pahlavi (sorry if spelling is wrong). Ok, rant over - btw - I thought the space needle was in Seattle.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So much rug!

So so little time.

I'd go, get my Persian on.

I hate all religion regardless if its foreign for the horrid domestic westboro type, so theres always a chance of me offending
SOMEONE.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sounds strange.
Usually people encourage others to visit their native country, and you are just opposite.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Also as I met some Iranian people, I know (by their talks) that women are supposed to cover their heads, but on your pictures they don't.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Do NOT go to Iran if you want to see a bland country with miserable people.

Go to Iran if you want to meet nice people who are funny, polite and well educated.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Im a Muslim, but Muslim predominantly countries do not attract me. Ive been in Saudi Arabia, it's hot like in oven, food's good, but it's severely hot like hell. I've been to Malaysia, everything's nice, except.. everything's too nice, monotonous, no different than where ive been living in except it's more neat and orderly.

Im not interested to visit Turkey, cos i know what i might find.. another kebab, monotonous life, oh well.

I love living in Muslim predominantly country like i am now, but for vacation id rather go to place where the culture is very different. I've been in Russia, i think everything in Russia's interesting, the nature, the people, the nightlife, i wont live there, but for vacation it was nice.

Non Muslim countries have more varieties, theyre more interesting to explore.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

I also wear headscarf, sometimes, to me it's more about fashion and social acceptance than about religion.

There is no "headscarf" mentioned in Quran, only "covering" over our breasts... Headscarf is cultural thing, and emphasized by hadith to be a must worn attire for women.

While actually Quran only mention women must cover their breasts and genitals.

edit on 15-4-2016 by aphon because: correcting typo

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not going to lie... I'd be interested in visiting Iran. I saw the article these pictures came from and was shocked at how beautiful and normal it appears. Of course, some of these are probably staged. But I think it would still be an interesting trip nonetheless.

I'll just leave the wife at home.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It was interesting to know but I am going to visit Iran this spring. I have already booked tickets on www.iflyfirstclass.com... . There are many interesting places to see: Tabriz bazaar (one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East), Wind catchers in Yazd, Persepolis(city that was built as a palace worthy the Empire) and of course Esfahan city center. I was planning this trip for a long time.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Muntic0re

wonderful! Please take many images and videos and post them here so everyone can claim you were forced to seem happy and were guided to the locations by tour guides at gunpoint under threat if you strayed anywhere else

Seriously though, enjoy the trip, and I would love to see some footage and photos.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

okay i will!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AdoptedItalian

Hats off to you sir, really feel too glad by reading your comment. I to love to visit Iran.
I was just looking for a business class ticket on www.2mycountry.com... the cheapest website to beat all online fares...

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join