It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran thanks God for Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
News reporting Iran has retaliated with their own American ban. Who can blame them?
Everything is in such a mess.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Pray for our troops.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I knew about the President's Memorandum, as the document says. Nothing about how congress is funding and implementing. Same with the repeal of obamacare and replace. Congress can't agree on the replacement since Trump told them everyone had to be able to get coverage. So, nowhere. Maybe in a couple years or four or eight.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Iran says that it will ban United States citizens from entering the country in response to President Donald Trump's ban against those coming from Tehran and six other countries announced on Friday. Iran on Saturday condemned the U.S. visa ban against Tehran and six other majority-Muslim countries as an "open affront against the Muslim world and the Iranian nation" and vowed to retaliate. A Foreign Ministry statement carried by state media said Iran "would take appropriate consular, legal and political measures" against the ban, which was announced by President Donald Trump on Friday.

www.businessinsider.com...

"While respecting the American people and distinguishing between them and the hostile policies of the U.S. government, Iran will implement the principle of reciprocity until the offensive U.S. limitations against Iranian nationals are lifted," a Foreign Ministry statement said.

Racism in response to Racism, Great world we live in

edit on 28-1-2017 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You don't seem to understand the Presidency. It's been a week. He's already done a bunch regardless of how much you decide to ignore. He's clearly not done.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Anthony Bourdain in Iran. He loved the people, and the food!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Anthony Bourdain in Iran. He loved the people, and the food!

...and he hates Trump, is that the point?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Take it any way you like.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

He also hates privilaged liberal left as well, even though he describes himself as liberal:

“The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we’re seeing now,” the chef said while promoting his new cookbook, “Ecc

So let's not assume he's just a celebrity political hack w out any common sense

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
Thank you Mr. President. Thanks for your Racist ban against Iranians.

Pres. Trump has (as you know) banned Iranian nationals from entering US, there has been numerous reactions against this move even by MSM like This article from NYT, but to your surprise, many in Iran are not that sorry.

Although one might say that if Trump was honest in his announcement, he would have banned Saudi,Emirati,Qatari nationals and exclude Iran from whatever list he has since NO Iranian has ever launched a terrorist attack on US or anywhere else for that matter.

Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, a Washington-based advocacy group said:

“There is a sense of bewilderment, as well as a sense of injustice,” over why Iran was even included on the list of targeted countries, Mr. Parsi said. No Iranian has been accused of an attack on the American homeland. By contrast, he said, the Sept. 11 attackers included citizens from countries which are not on the list — and “the United States has produced more ISIS fighters than Iran has.”

But TBH many here in Iran believe that this banning is a bliss and i'll explain why:

Iran had one of the highest rates of brain-drain in the world: Brain-drain is a term used when educated citizens of a country migrate outside.

Here is the article for Iranian brain-drain

in a study performed by MIT university, 25% of Iranians in US have a master’s or doctoral degree :

"Washington — Iranian-Americans are far more numerous in the United States than census data indicate and are among the most highly educated people in the country, according to research by the Iranian Studies Group, an independent academic organization, atMassachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The group estimates that the actual number of Iranian-Americans may top 691,000 — more than twice the figure of 338,000 cited in the 2000 U.S. census. According to the latest census data available, more than one in four Iranian-Americans holds a master’s or doctoral degree, the highest rate among 67 ethnic groups studied.

With their high level of educational attainment and a median family income 20 percent higher than the national average, Iranian-Americans contribute substantially to the U.S. economy. Through surveys of Fortune 500 companies and other major corporations, the researchers identified more than 50 Iranian-Americans in senior leadership positions at companies with more than $200 million in asset value."

and we apparently contribute so much to US economy (unfortunately) .

MIT's study about ethnic group's higher education

Since 2-3 years ago this flow of educated Iranians has stopped fortunately and this ban by Mr. trump has a very positive effect on that.

so much that people don't really care about the Racist nature of this ban

Thank you Mr. president for helping Iran grow more than ever. hugs and kisses from Iran

Only one race. so its not racist. You mean NATIONALIST or ETHNIC discrimination. Irans Mullahs brought this on your people by being asshats. Shoudnt of broke the nuclear agreement before the ink was dry.

And the ban on americans in iran? Lol thank you i been wanting one of those a long time Iranian leadership. Thank you. Everytime a US citizen goes anywhere near Iran we always have to ransom them back so way to spite yourselves Iran. Losing money is awesome right?
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: neo96

It appears — even now — that Saudi Arabia’s ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite “fire” with Sunni “fire”; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da’ish’s strict Salafist ideology.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Iran has produced more ISIS fighters than anyone.

Between Saudi Arabia, and Iran and the centuries old blood feud of which version of Islam is going to dominate.

Free your mind people.

Stop eating up hydrochloro bull hockey.

Uh...

You're saying Iran has produced more ISIS fighters than anyone because they hate Iran and want to fight them???

ISIS is Wahhabi, a variation on Sunni. Saudis have been trying to convert their primarily Sunni people to Wahhabism for years and have spent billions on it. Iran is primarily Shia - the only such country.

"WAKE UP U SHEEP PEOPLE"

Excellent reply.

Well there's two that didn't bother reading the sourced material.

This is what was quoted.

It appears — even now — that Saudi Arabia’s ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite “fire” with Sunni “fire”; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da’ish’s strict Salafist ideology.

This is the link that followed.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

THIS is the article title.

You Can’t Understand ISIS If You Don’t Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia
edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Christosterone
To be fair, Zarathustrans and Christians from Iran are allowed under the minority provision...

Here's a the new rule of thumb: those paying a jizya are welcome...

Persia was once a land of light populated with people who were right and good...then the 7th century happened...

-Chris
then the 7th century happened ?????

and people turned into zombies? what did these zombies ever do to you?

/and for the love of God please allow us in your country as we are dying of hunger and thirst.
/end sarcasm

dude the total number of Iranians who actually sought immigration in US was about 7000 people in 2015

>25% of which have a doctorate/masters degree

you were not doing Iran a favor, you are now. so pls keep it up

I'll just say the valedictorian of tehrans med school couldn't complete a residency at Galveston or Texas Tech(no offense just using to make my point)...

A PhD, let alone an MD from a sharia country is a farce....or Farsi...see what I did there?

-Chris

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: MOMof3

You don't seem to understand the Presidency. It's been a week. He's already done a bunch regardless of how much you decide to ignore. He's clearly not done.

He's done nothing other than doodle...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have zero animosity towards Iran -- in fact every Iranian I have ever met (that includes my college professors, students, co-workers) seem very intelligent, friendly, and regular in a lot of ways. I think most American's if pressed, would feel in a similar way. We don't spend our time hating Iran.

However -- it needs to be said -- Iran is one of the few countries in the world that the USA don't have diplomatic relations with. That is because the last time the USA had an embassy in Iran (more than 30 years ago) it was overtaken, our diplomats were held hostage for more than a year and these diplomats were psychologically (if not physically) tortured.

That dampened the relationship considerably between the USA and Iran, lingering even today.

The USA has made friendly overtures to Iran since then. They have been rebuffed by Iran.

It is probably best to steer clear of the rocks right now. We have a temporary ban on immigration from certain countries -- Iran is one of them -- but it doesn't appear that there are a lot of Iranians who WANT to immigrate to the USA (and visa versa) as far as I can tell.

Let's just keep cool and maintain a watchful perspective on this as it develops -- no doubt this "temporary" ban will last a long long time, for better or worse. There is no point in inflaming the situation with a lot of rhetoric or brooding.

BTW -- this is my third post since joining. A very interesting discussion here, thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveInductor
I have zero animosity towards Iran -- in fact every Iranian I have ever met (that includes my college professors, students, co-workers) seem very intelligent, friendly, and regular in a lot of ways. I think most American's if pressed, would feel in a similar way. We don't spend our time hating Iran.

However -- it needs to be said -- Iran is one of the few countries in the world that the USA don't have diplomatic relations with. That is because the last time the USA had an embassy in Iran (more than 30 years ago) it was overtaken, our diplomats were held hostage for more than a year and these diplomats were psychologically (if not physically) tortured.

That dampened the relationship considerably between the USA and Iran, lingering even today.

The USA has made friendly overtures to Iran since then. They have been rebuffed by Iran.

It is probably best to steer clear of the rocks right now. We have a temporary ban on immigration from certain countries -- Iran is one of them -- but it doesn't appear that there are a lot of Iranians who WANT to immigrate to the USA (and visa versa) as far as I can tell.

Let's just keep cool and maintain a watchful perspective on this as it develops -- no doubt this "temporary" ban will last a long long time, for better or worse. There is no point in inflaming the situation with a lot of rhetoric or brooding.

BTW -- this is my third post since joining. A very interesting discussion here, thanks for that!
Hi and Welcome.

While i respect your opinion, from an Iranian perspective it went like this:

1- U.S toppled democratically elected govt. of mossadegh

2- U.S supported the murderous and rapist Shah of Iran against the people

3- Iranian students captured the US embassy

the diplomats were held hostage since US would not return shah and all the money he took out of our country. and they (diplomats) were not touched not even one of them

so its always good to know the whole story rather than a small part of it. Iran was at chaos in those time it was a freaking revolution so chaos was expected. still this doesn't make that move any less stupid and i agree.

but toppling a democratic government in another country 10.000 kms far away is much more stupid TBH. don't you think?

lets not talk about what happened decades ago, lets talk about today

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Well its not racist for starters. Secondly its temporary. 3rd who cares what the Iranian government will or will not share.

Maybe Iran should reign in their IRGC instead of allowing them to threaten the US and Europe by claiming they are sending elite IRGC units into countries in both places.

Unless Iran wants to spark a war they would lose.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Iranian government is cranky at the US. Their problem is, the US political leadership won't kiss their asses any more.

hahahahahaha

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Iranian government has a .22 caliber mind in a .357 magnum world.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: haman10

Well its not racist for starters. Secondly its temporary. 3rd who cares what the Iranian government will or will not share.
You know brother, the moment we stand up to the stupid decisions of our governments, we'll have a much more peaceful world. i don't believe anything Iranian leaders do is the right thing, you should too question the deeds of US government.

If you check the social media most people don't agree with you that this is not a racist decision and if you followed this thread i explained why i think it is

secondly who cares if its temporary or not? as i said only 7000 Iranians seeked migration in US so its not a big number at all. they should suck it up. its the nature of this decision that is bothering not the length of it

US wants to take a break from all those Iranian terrorists who travel to US? lol, fine by me . i even thanked them for it if you read the OP

as for your 3rd point/question, the people who care are Iranian and have the same blood color as you breathe the same air as you and live the same earth as you

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Iranian government has a .22 caliber mind in a .357 magnum world.

Watch the West wing much.? Hollywood is not real life.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join