It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope warns against populism and 'saviours' like Hitler

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Pope reminded the world of how WW II Germany was formed. He also said how bad Hitler was and went into many different aspects of WW II Germany and he seemed to tongue and cheek say this is similar to Trump. But them said it is too early to judge Trump.
Does the Pope and Trump have a beef?

The Pope warned against populism, saying that can lead to Hitler....
Seems like the Pope is concerned about the Germany of 1933 and the fact that he was elected because a little man (Hitler) could alleviate the fears that the German people had.
[Quote]https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-warns-against-populism-saviours-hitler-001439301.html
Pope Francis on Saturday warned against populism, saying it could lead to the election of "saviors" like Hitler.

"Of course crises provoke fears and worries," he said but added that for him "the example of populism in the European sense of the word is Germany in 1933.

"Germany... was looking for a leader, someone who would give her back her identity and there was a little man named Adolf Hitler who said 'I can do it'."

The Pope continued that Hitler was elected and the Germans also wanted walls to protect themselves. Pope added that Hitler gave the German people a deformed identity and we know what it produced. The Pope then said it is too early to pass judgement on Trump.

"Hitler did not steal power," the pope said. "He was elected by his people and then he destroyed his people."

The Germans at that time also wanted to protect themselves with "walls and barbed wire so that others cannot take away their identity," he said.

"The case of Germany is classic," he said, adding that Hitler gave them a "deformed identity and we know what it produced."

Pope Francis however underscored that it was too early to pass judgement on Trump.

"Let's see. Let's see what he does and then we will evaluate," he said.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Maybe the Pope needs to be reminded of all the genocide in the name of the Catholic church. He should probably clean up his own house before throwing stones.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I really don't see where the Pope's comments fit in. Is there a reason for back handedly calling Trump Hitler?

Did the election of Trump throw some grand plan of the Vatican that is now trashed?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Pope warns against populism and 'saviours' like Hitler

So much for that separation of church and state.

Where was he when the last guy could walk on water and part the oceans?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Maybe the Pope needs to be reminded of all the genocide in the name of the Catholic church. He should probably clean up his own house before throwing stones.

No doubt. The Woman drunk with the blood of the saints.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

“That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind will be questioned by no Protestant who has a complete knowledge of history.” Some historians estimate that over 50 million lives (mostly Christians from Christ’s true Church), were taken by this so-called “holy” Inquisition to which they have never apologized.

Throughout recorded history, no organization on the face of the planet has hunted down and killed more Christians than the Roman Catholic Church. The Woman is Drunken With Blood--at the instigation of her popes, Rome has shed rivers of blood of Christians who would not bow down to the Pope and Roman Catholic heresies and blasphemies--the martyrs of Jesus Former

Roman Catholic priest Bernard Fresenborg in his book Thirty Years in Hell puts it at a higher number-- Authentic history, and history that cannot be denied nor disputed, nor even questioned, gives the appalling record of 70,500,000 Protestants who were slain by the greatest curse the world has ever known--Roman Catholicism.

edit on 21-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah...he has some nerve casting stones in any direction. Of course the Vatican is surely involved in all international banking and globalism so it stands to reason the people having enough of the globalists and electing Trump has ruffled their red cassocks and tipped their beanies.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think he should worry about his own house. I'd say some priests did acts just as awful as Nazis.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It appears Metallicus and infolurker already reeled this one in.

I'll never understand people who care what the Pope thinks beyond finding out what manner of blasphemy is up next.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The guy in the pointy hat should get back to important things like shuffling around the pedeophiles that work for him.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Excellent post, I think that pretty much sums up the Jesuit Pope and his agenda. The Pope is to Christianity as ISIS is to Islam....with better PR.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
All this "Hand in Hand" by the media and globalists of which the Jesuit Pope is obviously on board with. It's more and more evident and can't really be explained away at this point. This Pope stinks...bad.

I'm starting to believe Trump actually IS a real danger to them---the demons are howling.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Pedo Global Collective must be protected at any cost

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think this proves that this Pope is part of and supports the globalist plans.
I was born and raised Catholic, but something always seemed off about Francis.

I mistrust Pope Francis.
If he does not like Trump, it makes me trust Trump even more.

I still get the feeling that this whole "thing" going on in the world right now is just like the movie The Stand.
There is an epic battle coming.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

With a Hebrew name I concur absolutely

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

CIA very Catholic , nuff said.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21790014]TarzanBeta[/post.

I feel the same way, It's nice to have a figure head. The Pope seems odd to me, very similar to the feeling I get about kings and Queens.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was born and raised a catholic went to catholic schools etc I left the church by the end of high school but I do remember the Dogma and Doctrine I was taught whatever this entity is now its not the church I grew up with.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The pope is either in on it, or most likely, a beutiful fool. Either way, he is a useless human being in terms of important figuares.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Do you think that the Obama and Pope had an agreement on the "war on Terror"? Maybe Bush too and Trump is going to crap all over the plans?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The circle is complete. EVERY MAJOR power structure has tried to hurt Trump. Media, Government and now even Religion.

My trust in him is higher than it ever has been.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join