It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope warns against populism and 'saviours' like Hitler

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think this proves that this Pope is part of and supports the globalist plans.
I was born and raised Catholic, but something always seemed off about Francis.

I mistrust Pope Francis.
If he does not like Trump, it makes me trust Trump even more.

I still get the feeling that this whole "thing" going on in the world right now is just like the movie The Stand.
There is an epic battle coming.

Yeah, my husband was a born & raised RC, half his family is from Italy. It doesn't get much more RC than being direct from Rome, lol ( < -- that's a joke, not a competition) He almost ended up going to seminary to be a priest, too.

His opinion is that Frank here is pulling no BS punches and means what he says. You can teach an old dog new tricks, in time. That seems to be the route he's taking with the congregation globally, "think & be better than this". He's made some positive progress within the church, according to my husband (I'll take his word for it) Also in his opinion, it's the more conservative Catholics that have a problem with any changes & new approaches taken.

Lucky for you that your husband changed his mind about seminary

I don't consider myself as anything near a conservative Catholic. But the changes that Francis has made that your husband calls "progress" - are more like caving to "progressive" liberal pressure. As today's protests demonstrate, liberals do not tolerate anyone telling them that they can not have what they want. And Francis caved to that.

He is even softening on abortion, which I consider not only a sacrilege, but a violation of the laws of morality.

Francis is no friend to God or mankind. He is something else entirely.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I mistrust Pope Francis.

I still get the feeling that this whole "thing" going on in the world right now is just like the movie The Stand.

Yeah, my husband was a born & raised RC, half his family is from Italy. It doesn't get much more RC than being direct from Rome, lol ( < -- that's a joke, not a competition) He almost ended up going to seminary to be a priest, too.

His opinion is that Frank here is pulling no BS punches and means what he says. You can teach an old dog new tricks, in time. That seems to be the route he's taking with the congregation globally, "think & be better than this". He's made some positive progress within the church, according to my husband (I'll take his word for it) Also in his opinion, it's the more conservative Catholics that have a problem with any changes & new approaches taken.

I don't consider myself as anything near a conservative Catholic. But the changes that Francis has made that your husband calls "progress" - are more like caving to "progressive" liberal pressure. As today's protests demonstrate, liberals do not tolerate anyone telling them that they can not have what they want. And Francis caved to that.

He is even softening on abortion, which I consider not only a sacrilege, but a violation of the laws of morality.

ironic

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I mistrust Pope Francis.

ironic

But also true.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I mistrust Pope Francis.

ironic

But also true.

I meant ironic that she is calling Francis no friend to God or mankind when she is in no place to judge anyone, especially the pope.

And she is actually "something else, entirely"

link   

I mistrust Pope Francis.

If something seems off to you about Francis and it makes you trust Trump more...then you are not a real christian.

I have strong faith in God, but I lost faith in the Catholic church as an institution when it was revealed that they protected pedophiles instead of children.

The path that Francis has taken is not God's path.

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: clarifying

link   

I mistrust Pope Francis.

If something seems off to you about Francis and it makes you trust Trump more...then you are not a real christian.

I have strong faith in God, but I lost faith in the Catholic church as an institution when they protected pedophiles instead of children.

The path that Francis has taken is not God's path.

sorry, you don't get to judge anyone, especially the pope
You clearly have no idea what a wrong or right path is, its obvious
edit on 21-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I can have my own opinion.

You do not have to agree with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Is there not a similar function to the wall in the Vatican and the proposed wall in the US?
So the Vatican is an open city?
Seems like the walls and all the armed guards are an effective measure to keep people out or in.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Is there not a similar function to the wall in the Vatican and the proposed wall in the US?

short answer: NO

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Pope Francis also differs from Trump re. climate change.

‘Sacrilege’: Catholic leaders react to Vatican’s ‘climate change’ light show

The multi-million dollar show titled "Fiat Lux: Illuminating Our Common Home" was created and funded by climate-change partisans and population-control advocates with the goal to “educate and inspire change around the climate crisis across generations, cultures, languages, religions and class.” Along with images of the world and its endangered animals, including lions, birds, apes, and whales, appeared New Age symbolism associated with ancient pagan deities.

The show also took place on the most important Marian feast day for Catholics, the Immaculate Conception, where Catholics celebrate Mary being conceived in the womb of her mother Anne without the stain of original sin.

Many pro-family leaders from around the world say they are flabbergasted that the pope would allow St. Peter’s to be used as a backdrop for promoting the controversial and contentious “climate change” agenda.

"I am sorry that the facade of St. Peter's has been turned into a propaganda stage for the scientific fraud known as ‘Catastrophic Man-Caused Global Warming,’” Steven Mosher, president of the Population Research Institute, told LifeSiteNews.

"I am sick at the thought that this most sacred space — St. Peter's Basilica — will be the backdrop for the further dissemination of this fraud, whose ultimate goal is to impose a ‘Carbon Tax’ on the developed countries. This tax will not only cripple global economic growth and undermine democracy, its proceeds will be used to fund even more population control programs in the developing world," he said.
Robert Royal, president of the Washington-based Faith and Reason Institute and a prominent Catholic commentator, called it “seriously wrong” to have a “radical environmental message” projected onto St. Peter’s.

“This is the kind of thing ideological politicians do, like President Obama’s rainbow projection onto the White House after the Supreme Court approved gay ‘marriage.’ The White House is the people’s house, all the American people’s. St. Peter’s is even far more universal than that.”

St. Peter’s ‘climate change’ light show and its prototype held in New York last August are bizarrely connected to pagan occultism.

The shows director Travis Threlkel, founder and creative director of Obscura, said in an August interview when discussing the New York version of the show that was projected onto the Empire State Building, that pagan deities were specifically incorporated into the presentation. He said the show included the greek pagan goddess Gaia, a Greek Mother Earth who has been appropriated by worshipers of nature, along with Aya, a Babylonian mother goddess associated with the rising sun and with sexual love.

It was at the New York show’s end that startling images of the faces of various pagan goddesses were projected onto the building. Predominantly displayed was an image of Kali, the Hindu goddess of death and destruction. Kali, who was depicted with a long blood red tongue and whose name means “the black one,” promised wealth to those who satiated her lust for blood by human sacrifice. Daily human sacrifices of young children were offered on her altars in India until 200 years ago. She has since been culturally appropriated by New Age spirituality as a kind of Mother Earth goddess.

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The Vatican walls are a remnant of a time all important cities had walls to protect from armies, they don't cover the whole place, in st peter square a white line delimits Italy from the Vatican and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Indeed. And for all the selfish sex-oriented reasons for me I can think of

He's not a practicing Catholic anymore, so his views could be seen as neither here nor there. He did say if there was one person who could convince him back into the church fold, it's Francis. He believes he has more respect and patience for people than he'd seen out of the last 2, and I have to concede that he's not wrong. He does seem genuinely concerned for, respectful of, and exceedingly patient with everyone he meets. I'm not religious in any sense, but to my eyes, he does seem to be very much that, and he earns my respect that way.
edit on 1/21/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Is the Vatican an open city?

The answer is no, to become a citizen the Pope needs to give it the OK.

www.catholicculture.org...
However, the remainder of the Vatican—the offices, the gardens, the palaces—are walled off, with very restricted public access. The gates are manned by Swiss Guards, who will stop any tourist seeking to wander inside.

The walls of the Vatican do what walls are intended to do: protect the people inside from outside intruders. Yes, there are parts of the Vatican to which the public has ready access. But Vatican officials decide which parts you can visit, and when. And while you’re allowed to enter St. Peter’s Square whenever you like, you’re not allowed to stay.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am not religious either and have also said out loud that Francis gives me faith again, maybe even enough to go back to church.

Its true, my views on "God" and spirituality have evolved since Francis was pope. Im not crediting him for all of this but now that I think of it...it could be.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

do you need a tourist visa to enter?

Oh you mean its not open because you cannot go take a crap in the popes crapper or you cannot crash in the place, ok then...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

do you need a tourist visa to enter?

Oh you mean its not open because you cannot go take a crap in the popes crapper or you cannot crash in the place, ok then...

They try so hard to keep Don innocent and righteous in their heads

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

No, I mean there are very very strict rules to who is a citizen in Vatican city and I doubt they have a serious immigration problem.

The US is trying to get it's immigration house in order. If we need a wall (and personnel) to accomplish that then so be it. Maybe the Pope shouldn't comment on things that are good for him, but not for anyone else to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

69.5 million Americans are Catholics, should he be quiet about what he believe affect his people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join