It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: the crowd at Donald Trump’s inauguration vs. Barack Obama’s

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

How about reading the last few pages of this thread, where the photos were posted?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Listen I went through pages of this thread. I'm not doing it again. In the OP they have a picture that is side by side, showing the two crowds. I want to see a picture that is DONALD TRUMPS inauguration showing the same amount of people in attendance as that Obama picture.

I have seen pictures at other angles but not at the angle in the OP showing anything remotely comparable to Obama's crowd. The angle shown in the OP is the best angle because it highlights the crowd in totality. The angles you sycophants have been posting are open to distortion.

Show me a picture like the one in the OP that shows crowds the same size as Obama. I doubt you will find any.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The media are only presenting the facts:

If it weren't for the protesters, the crowd would have been thinner!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Oh nah, that's all fake news. All those boos? Bwhaha.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This commentary is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
This commentary is hilarious.

For comparison:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The pictures were posted a few pages back.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So yeah... A picture is worth a few hundred thousand words. The media is lying and people are just blindly believing them. There is a saying - "Trust but verify". Please point out the large white spaces in the last photo please.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Again the picture you are using to debunk the clear helicopter view picture is open to perspective distortion. I can see a gap in that bottom picture where that space would be and if you have terrible spatial depth and perception, you could easily say that was filled.

I want to see a heli view picture of the inauguration. Not this floor level picture which can be distorted. Do you understand? The birds eyes view pic is more credible than the low view one because your vision can be distorted by perspective with that one.

The birds eyes view picture casts a view over the whole of the area so its hard to deny it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Even if...and i do not they they are...the media was lying...
Calling a press conference to cry about it is not acceptable.
edit on 23-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Except for the fact its not a ground level photo. The camera was on top of the Capital building just under the dome (CNN's giga picture shows it).

Again the op photo shows the mall an hour before the inauguration. The photos above show the mall as he was sworn in / giving his speech. Both photos above support the fact the msm lied. In the top pic you can see the crowd all the way back to the Washington monument. The second pic shows the same.

The op photos are not valid.

Do you understand?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
No fan of Trump but not American and have no axe to grind here. I can't believe this has blown up so much, it is all looking rather pathetic at the moment.

However, as a neutral, my take is that both sides are correct. Obama had more in Washington, Trump had more on tv and social media (and yes, i have read the newer pages Xcathdra
).

What this does highlight though, perfectly, is the way media spin news depending upon allegiance. What i am hoping this achieves in future is that all media will learn to present balanced news rather than partisan news. This is what Trump definitely has right - if you continually call them on there lies and expose them, hopefully it will force a rethink towards neutrality, as it is supposed to be.

Again though, both sides are right depending upon how the story is framed.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

That had more to do with calling out the intentional media distortion and false narrative and nothing to do with whining.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
No fan of Trump but not American and have no axe to grind here. I can't believe this has blown up so much, it is all looking rather pathetic at the moment.

However, as a neutral, my take is that both sides are correct. Obama had more in Washington, Trump had more on tv and social media (and yes, i have read the newer pages Xcathdra
).

What this does highlight though, perfectly, is the way media spin news depending upon allegiance. What i am hoping this achieves in future is that all media will learn to present balanced news rather than partisan news. This is what Trump definitely has right - if you continually call them on there lies and expose them, hopefully it will force a rethink towards neutrality, as it is supposed to be.

Again though, both sides are right depending upon how the story is framed.

My word, an actual balanced and thoughtful comment. There is some hope for ATS after all.
One thing to mention... Obama had a bigger TV audience in 2009 too and Reagan had the biggest TV audience ever in 1981. But, Trump's crowd and TV numbers were very large in the history of inaugurations.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It is crazy at the moment isn't it? I will say again i am no fan of Trump but it is so ridiculous now i actually want it to work well for him and not just in a self interested "what is good for America is good for the rest of us" way either. #

If he turns out to be dire, he will only get 4 years anyway. You never know though, he may actually suprise an awful lot of us.

This whole situation is getting pathetic though. We actually had anti-Trump demos in York over the weekend. I did ask a couple of protestors if they realised they didn't actually have a say in the US political system (you know, they can't vote) and just got blank stares back before the snarling started.......

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: veracity

That had more to do with calling out the intentional media distortion and false narrative and nothing to do with whining.

except it is not the presidents job to call out the media. Everyone (with a brain) knows to take media with a grain of salt. Did you ever see Obama calling a press conference about him not being a muslim?

NO

NO president ever has had a press conference to try and "call out the media". its unacceptable. Its petty, and it says a lot about our new President.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Obama had a bigger TV audience in 2009 too and Reagan had the biggest TV audience ever in 1981. But, Trump's crowd and TV numbers were very large in the history of inaugurations.

Here is the worrying question: if President Trump is so unwilling to accept something as self evident and inconsequential as his attendance numbers not being the greatest of all time, how is he going to deal with the genuine bad news that will soon be barreling his way. "No, terrorists did not blow up our embassy in Karachi. That's fake news." "No, one of our jets was not shot down over Syria, that's the lying Pentagon." "No, there was no hurricane and flood in Louisiana,it's just another climate change hoax."

Fasten your seat belts.
edit on 23-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity
uhm... no. Obama has called out the media in press briefings.

* - Obama Calls Out The Media For Not Treating Hillary Clinton Fairly During The Election
* - President Obama Calls Out Media's Complacency When It Comes To Fact-Checking Trump's Lies
* - Obama calls out news media for shallow campaign coverage: Is he right?
* - Obama Calls Out 'Reality Show' Media and Challenges Them to Investigate Trump
* - Obama Calls Out Media For Ignoring Baltimore Until The City Started Burning
* - President Barack Obama Calls Out Mainstream Media For Focusing On Violence In Baltimore

So Obama can call out the media but not Trump...

The problem was the media using a photo before the inauguration even started and then passing that picture off as people not attending the ceremony. It did not accurately reflect the true crowd sizes. It goes hand in hand with CNN / MSNBC saying news polls show Trump was at 37% approval when in fact he was at 52%. The poll, once again, over sampled Democrats.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
uhm... no. Obama has called out the media in press briefings.

* - Obama Calls Out The Media For Not Treating Hillary Clinton Fairly During The Election
* - President Obama Calls Out Media's Complacency When It Comes To Fact-Checking Trump's Lies
* - Obama calls out news media for shallow campaign coverage: Is he right?
* - Obama Calls Out 'Reality Show' Media and Challenges Them to Investigate Trump
* - Obama Calls Out Media For Ignoring Baltimore Until The City Started Burning
* - President Barack Obama Calls Out Mainstream Media For Focusing On Violence In Baltimore

So Obama can call out the media but not Trump...

lol, these are all political issue related, how is the crowd at Dons inauguration a political issue?

edit on 23-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The fail was on your end when you falsely claimed no president has ever called out the media at a press conference. I am sorry if you dont like the facts.

Its a political issue because the media is trying to delegitimize is Presidency.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join