It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Even Scotland was right behind you, Byrd!

Scenes from Edinburgh below, but there were demonstrations in Aberdeen and Glasgow too.

Former First Minister Alex Salmond summed it up pretty well, talking about Trump's inaugural address:

There was much less than I expected of reaching out to all the Americans who didn't vote for him. There was a lot of God it, even by inauguration standards, for someone who's found religion comparatively recently.

So maybe it's a case of may God bless America, and may God help the rest of us."

He makes a good point.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good for you Byrd

Just received a few texts and photos of the London rally from my daughter who went to London yesterday to see one of her friends

She even high fived Gandalf as she called him( lol Ian mckellen) and has a great photo of him posing for her while holding his sign of Captain Picard face palm

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now it's time to start sending letters and emails to your representatives and congressmen to get their attention that
racism and misogamy will not be tolerated from Trump if they want to keep their jobs.

The march got their attention now is the time for grass roots action.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I saw a clip of her speaking. She's a real force all by herself. The whole thing is almost overwhelming taken together

Just to add in here, a friend of mine from Missoula tells me 10,000 at the Women’s March on Montana in Helena

They were expecting 4,000

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There are several eyebrow raising things about how this event was organized, marketed (especially via social media), and then the 'news' spread through the press within days of the election...all the while billed as "grassroots."

I've been to worthy rallies and marches before and have never seen anything 'grassroots,' like this.

ETA: I think we may just see women used as political pawns, under Trump, much like black Americans have been used for the last eight years.
edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
750.000 people protesting in LA...
and 0 arrests.
no arrests in DC either...
if nothing else, it seems that the women's march did accomplish one thing...
the women showed the world how to have a PEACEFUL PROTEST!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
750.000 people protesting in LA...
and 0 arrests.
no arrests in DC either...
if nothing else, it seems that the women's march did accomplish one thing...
the women showed the world how to have a PEACEFUL PROTEST!

I will give them that!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

ETA: I think we may just see women used as political pawns, under Trump, much like black Americans have been used for the last eight years.

Some women actually want to stand up for their rights, and the rights of future generations. It's genuine, and they are nobody's puppets, or pawns. Well, perhaps pawns in the sense of backing and supporting the knights, bishops, and rooks who are in a better position to fight for those rights. The queens like Warren, and the kings, like Sanders.

There has been much talk from this coming administration and it's cronies about suppressing and oppressing those rights. Dismiss it as political maneuvers if you wish, but the actions of millions of women and men all over the world yesterday contradicts your little theory.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was wondering if someone could do us a favor. I know that I would have been there if I could have but well, marching isn't one of my strong points. but, I was listening to many of the speakers. the gave out a number for yous to text, for announcements for future events. there was also something about a list of actions that that they were asking people to do for each day or something like that...
maybe someone in the know could post a link to where we could find out about these things, or pass on the messages to those of us that couldn't be there in person, but are interested.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

www.womensmarch.com...

There were 673 marches, ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

This was yuge. Welcome, dear!

edit on 1/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah, I am one of them. But I refuse to be a pawn.

And, again, I point to this comment: Link

Where were the criticisms of Obama and the Democratic Party for the last eight years? Good lord, I watched two female SNL cast members sing a tribute to Obama, last night: "To Sir, With Love." Vom.

Self-reflection & self-criticism are so much harder than anticipating the failures of the Trump administration and playing the victim.

The same women that let me down (and themselves), in 2008, are now complaining about being let down and they will be confused when their gripes are not taken seriously.

They lost their leg and now they can't stand up for their own cause.

ETA: I know several women that joined in yesterday. I love them dearly but they did/do not have the capacity to criticize Obama because they would have to criticize themselves.

edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

the tally as per the march organizers is there were 673 marches, and an Estimated 4.7 MILLION people; women, children, and the brave, honorable, unashamed men who stand behind them.

SISTER MARCHERS (EST): 4,797,500

edit on 1/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

That sign says no racism no trump. What racism? You guys just repeat lies over and over again to convince yourselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I wanted to respond to your post, but I can't really find anything noteworthy to respond to. Sorry. If you want to view what happened yesterday, as people feeling 'victimized', then that's coming from you.

Anything BUT.

Gloria Steinem pointed out yesterday that this country is NOT Trump. This country is NOT congress. This country is what you saw yesterday.

If you feel so strongly about it, you could organize your own MARCH, and gather women together demanding that their rights be taken away. That gays go back in the closet. That families be ripped apart. That parents pay tuition for public education. That Donald Trump and the Supreme Court should be the ones to decide what choices individual women have with their personal decisions.

Do it. You'd probably get a big crowd of high school dropouts. It would be interesting.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If you feel so strongly about it, you could organize your own MARCH, and gather women together demanding that their rights be taken away. That gays go back in the closet. That families be ripped apart. That parents pay tuition for public education. That Donald Trump and the Supreme Court should be the ones to decide what choices individual women have with their personal decisions.

Ah. I see. Because I see the blatant hypocrisy and selectivity of this *cough* movement, I must totally support all the asinine things you said. Got it.

But you're wrong. I was standing up for women when you were creaming your pants over a shirtless Barack Obama playing in the Hawaiian surf.

Sorry. I am not feeling your brand of sisterhood that comes with a cute pink hat.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

But you're wrong. I was standing up for women when you were creaming your pants over a shirtless Barack Obama playing in the Hawaiian surf.

A little crass for my taste, but do you have a link? I missed that.

bytheway, how were you standing up for women? Details please!

edit on 1/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

"But you're wrong. I was standing up for women when you were creaming your pants over a shirtless Barack Obama playing in the Hawaiian surf."

A little crass for my taste, but do you have a link? I missed that.

Now that would definitely not contribute to the quality of the discussion here at ATS.

Any of the activity that I participated in during the 2008 election, the ensuing protests of the DNC Rules & Bylaws Committee, the effort I've put in the last eight years to expose the damage the that Democratic Party did to women, AND THE SELF REFLECTION, will never compare to pink hats and a manufactured women's march against Trump.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

the effort I've put in the last eight years to expose the damage the that Democratic Party did to women, AND THE SELF REFLECTION, will never compare to pink hats and a manufactured women's march against Trump.

Agreed!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You guys? What guys? The Scots or women?
'Stand Up to Racism' are the group who organised that particular march. Their slogan is maybe 'No to Racism', I don't know. Trump's made plenty of racist comments, let's not pretend he hasn't.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join