It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: TheBulk
Trump's made plenty of racist comments, let's not pretend he hasn't.

And yet you haven't posted a single example. YOU GUYS never do! Obama once claimed the "typical" white person is racist. That is a genuine racist comment, but none of you cared or protested. Consistency is one of your main problems.

One of the reasons that Scotland is involved, I suppose, is because Trump was sacked as business ambassador for Scotland after he made his comments about no more muslims being allowed to come into the USA after the terror attacks in Paris. He made a blanket statement about millions of people based on their background. I find that racist; you, perhaps, do not.
Women in Scotland joined the demonstration mainly to show solidarity to the women in America who will not tolerate the foul comments Trump has made about women.

As for YOU GUYS...I'm no Democrat. But I am a woman and I abhor Trump's attitude, he is revolting.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I meant you were doing a good job supporting him here despite your claims to the contrary.
Are you not defending him here?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

PS: I'm 60 years old.
I marched with Gloria Steinem back in the day and am hardly new to the movement.
Just a little FYI

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I meant you were doing a good job supporting him here despite your claims to the contrary.
Are you not defending him here?

Please show me where I "supported" and/or "defended" him or how you got that impression.

Jesus. Is it that I wrote that I was with the women who marched yesterday "in cause but not in spirit."

Do you insist on having my spirit, too?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

PS: I'm 60 years old.
I marched with Gloria Steinem back in the day and am hardly new to the movement.
Just a little FYI

Cool story, bro.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

But you're wrong. I was standing up for women when you were creaming your pants over a shirtless Barack Obama playing in the Hawaiian surf.

Sorry. I am not feeling your brand of sisterhood that comes with a cute pink hat.

Maybe you just don't like women. I don't believe I've heard you say anything before that's quite this full of bile - but, now I'm beginning to see how it is

You can show disdain for everything and anything - all of the time. Like you do. That's one way to go. Maybe it makes you feel more objective? As I see it you're the most biased, and least objective of all

You were standing up for women? How's that? Now that you have lost respect for all of us for creaming our pants over someone you don't approve of - where do you stand? Who do you support?

Welcome to the struggle. I'd like to think you'd see your sisters as just that - sisters. All kinds, all ages, all religions - or without any religion at all. Each one of us with our own opinions, and we're never going to all agree with each other. And we all have struggles, we all are fighting different things

Same as that - we should all see all people - men and women - as being more alike than we are different

You don't have to pout from outside the circle. Hopefully you'll get past this and realize not everyone is going to behave just the way you want them to, but that we can still be there for each other

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And wakes up and gets herself dressed:

just

wow

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think we surprised even ourselves

Here's to the future Buzzy

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 1/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

yep.
we're not going anywhere.....

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

But you're wrong. I was standing up for women when you were creaming your pants over a shirtless Barack Obama playing in the Hawaiian surf.

Sorry. I am not feeling your brand of sisterhood that comes with a cute pink hat.

Maybe you just don't like women. I don't believe I've heard you say anything before that's quite this full of bile - but, now I'm beginning to see how it is

You can show disdain for everything and anything - all of the time. Like you do. That's one way to go. Maybe it makes you feel more objective? As I see it you're the most biased, and least objective of all

You were standing up for women? How's that? Now that you have lost respect for all of us for creaming our pants over someone you don't approve of - where do you stand? Who do you support?

Welcome to the struggle. I'd like to think you'd see your sisters as just that - sisters. All kinds, all ages, all religions - or without any religion at all. Each one of us with our own opinions, and we're never going to all agree with each other. And we all have struggles, we all are fighting different things

Same as that - we should all see all people - men and women - as being more alike than we are different

You don't have to pout from outside the circle. Hopefully you'll get past this and realize not everyone is going to behave just the way you want them to, but that we can still be there for each other

Bra.Vo.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

yep.
we're not going anywhere.....

Nobody wants you to.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Maybe you just don't like women. I don't believe I've heard you say anything before that's quite this full of bile - but, now I'm beginning to see how it is...

...You don't have to pout from outside the circle. Hopefully you'll get past this and realize not everyone is going to behave just the way you want them to, but that we can still be there for each other

No, you aren't seeing how it is but I can appreciate why you want to explain how wrong I am. I'm not wrong though. I just have a different perspective. I can't help that I am not 'feeling it.' I admit, I am hanging on to bitter feelings, from 2008, and as a rape survivor, I have always been especially sensitive to the plight of women.

And I absolutely like women. I love women. I am comfortable with women and I am not afraid to confront women with challenging ideas. I still hang out with my best girlfriends from high school, at least once a month, and I am 45 years old.

And I have two sisters, no brothers. My sisters are also my very best friends. One is a dentist who voted for Trump, one works for the state literacy program and voted for Hillary. One is Christian, one is agnostic. I am an atheist and I voted for Johnson. I love and respect both of my sisters despite us all being very different. And they love and respect me. I celebrate our independent ways and I do not expect them to just get on board with every idea that I think is worthy. We can all discuss our views and things never get heated. They hear me out, I hear them out.

I function quite well with women.

And I am not just going to 'move past' what I believe to have been a great injustice to the cause of women perpetrated by a party I was once loyal to, and 'get on board.'

A little self-reflection, self-criticism, and humble-pie is in order before we all just march ahead hand-in-hand.

Trump happened, in part, because women ate their own. I am not the only former Hillary supporter that turned tail on the Democratic party after 2008. Even the 'Big Pink,' who was a major voice for Hillary supporters, in 2008, went Trump, this time around.

Just be glad I didn't go there.

edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Women hating on other women. I don't care what their reasons are - it's just stupid. And not useful

I think it goes for people in general too - and I know (I know for sure) that we're all getting tired of fighting each other. Little by little this is going to shift, but not if we don't start uniting in the things that we all share - and if we don't start looking out for each other

I don't give a crap how cynical some of us have become, or how uncool it sounds to state the obvious: If we don't recognize now that we're all in this together - later might be too late

I will Pollyanna the crap out of things from now on if I have to :-)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Women hating on other women. I don't care what their reasons are - it's just stupid. And not useful

I think it goes for people in general too - and I know (I know for sure) that we're all getting tired of fighting each other. Little by little this is going to shift, but not if we don't start uniting in the things that we all share - and if we don't start looking out for each other

I don't give a crap how cynical some of us have become, or how uncool it sounds to state the obvious: If we don't recognize now that we're all in this together - later might be too late

I will Pollyanna the crap out of things from now on if I have to :-)

Well, I am never going to just kumbaya with other women when we could be hashing some real issues out even if it's tough and painful to communicate.

You call that hating, I call that being adults, and sensitive to one another, and the kind of hard work that really needs to be done to move women forward.

I am not going to gloss over uncomfortable issues that still matter to me just because we could all just be railing against Trump instead.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Chad Prather summed it up well:

There are no rights that men have which aren't shared by women. So the "march" is really just "going for a walk"

Then again, its more about protesting the election. Which is just sour grapes. Some, im sure, are protesting Trump himself. Mind you, that is protesting a man and not his actions (i.e., hate).

Im sorry...im just not getting what everyone is protesting here?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Perhaps you might begin by not projecting your issues onto everyone else

If you want to humble pie some sh!t - start with yourself

Trump did not happen because women ate their own - it's a simplification of this situation you want to use to make your point seem more relevant and more wise

Just be glad you didn't go there? No - thank you, I will be glad of other things. Your vote is up to you, but you don't get to use it as some kind of magical retroactive threat

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Trump did not happen because women ate their own - it's a simplification of this situation you want to use to make your point seem more relevant and more wise

But...Betsy said!! BETSY DEVOS, she SAID!!!!!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join