It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

So much wisdom in what you wrote.

I was disappointed, too, eight years ago. I so badly wanted a Hillary victory. But, realistically, I knew that the Republicans had their campaign playbook ready to go after her mercilessly, just as they had mercilessly gone after the Clintons during Bill's terms. Personally, I felt there had to be more distance between those years and a presidential run. The public would have become convinced eight years ago, by Republican political tactics, that she "and Bill" should not be in the White House again. American politics has become a brutal sport to some unfortunately, a bloodlust for power.

We have now what we have to work with. You are right, Spira, "Most of us have been disappointed - we have chosen to keep on keeping on". I think we forget how many times we fell before we learned to walk as toddlers. Some adults even still have scars from their falls, but we are all learned to walk. We didn't give up then, and we won't now. Keep on keeping on.... I like that.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Reminds me of something I heard Barak say in a speech:

Progress is not a straight line.

No, it isn't. If this administration turns out to be what we fear it will, we will need to remember that.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thank You, Byrd, so very much. Well earned R&R now for you!

Reporting from some lesser known California areas...

My neck of the woods

Women’s marches draw thousands of supporters in Fresno, Oakhurst and Visalia

And relatives

4,000-plus rally against Trump in Riverside

Santa Barbara’s Massive Women’s March Organizers, Police Stunned By Turnout of 6,000-Plus

And relatives vacationing in Hawaii who attended a Sister March there

Thousands band together in women's marches across Hawaii

No matter a "red" area or "blue", turnouts were higher than expected. This was a stunning day. Oh, and, yes, men were there along with women. And my family members reported how upbeat everything was, and support from passersby.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So....I'm hungry. Can I get a sandwich?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
So....I'm hungry. Can I get a sandwich?

Sure. But all I've got for you is a knuckle-sandwich.

edit on 1/21/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Subway is probably right down the street, or nearby... Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just came back to add that a friend texted me with a report that the organizer of the march she went to had originally thought that only 85 people would show up.... 500 showed up!

a reply to: angeldoll
a reply to: seagull

You guys are so funny!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But no! We have a special today. Knuckle sandwiches are served with a side of sneezy-fries!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

All those women failing their duties.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I hope they were watching in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, China, Russia, Arabia, Indonesia and other such places that do not have such freedoms to peacefully parade..

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

All those women failing their duties.

Speaking as a man, what is a woman's duty?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well, it doesn't much matter these women seem to lack everything so they have none.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: collietta
Don't know if the bus is taking you to DC or to a nearby city protesting with you.
Portland will have about 35,000 people.

Have fun, but keep aware of your surroundings. Look for exits. Trust your instincts, always hope for the best, but plan, prepare, and expect the worst.

I hope all goes well throughout the country, but a crowd of people are collectively dumb. Every protest has anarchists who always escalate things.

As an anarchist I am offended by this statement, why does anarchism get such a bad rap? I can tell you why... The idea has been purposely distorted so that it's not even considered a viable option even it is feared and loathed.

Anarchy means "without rulers" wow yeah that totally means I want to go and smash up some stuff! Lol... Real anarchists are highly respectful people, because we advocate a society that can self govern and so how can we do that without conducting ourselves in the highest standard possible? Oh and btw we don't get involved in the whole political game, we just sit on the sidelines shaking our heads!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

??? they take a short trip, and they are failing in their duties??? a little time away from home...
get real!!! are the men "failing in their duties when they take weekend hunting trips with the guys?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yes strip clubs , I mean hunting 👍a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

There was a sign I've seen before, and there were plenty more at the march yesterday:

I can't believe I still have to protest this sh!t

Yes - we have to keep on keeping on

I should add (though I'm sure it's been brought up already) that the march was called The Women's March - but the platform is inclusive:

Unity Principles

Yesterday there were so many men marching - with their wives, girlfriends - daughters. There on their own. Signs were speaking for and against so many different things - it was inspiring. I kept thinking about what the crowd would look like if need be

:-)

edit on 1/22/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I know! I heard someone say they were expecting around 40,000 and got half a million! I'm so proud of all of you.

eta: Hope your leg feels better after you get off of it, and you can catch some shut-eye (Texas talk?) on the bus.

Bless!

Thank you kindly! (Texas talk, there) I took Anvil and zonked out for a bit. I'm delighted to read reports from other cities-there apparently were small rallies in many smaller towns. Facebook friends reported a small rally in Midland Texas; something that I would never have expected.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
That awkward moment when you realize the organizer of the Womens March (Linda Sarsour) is pro Sharia Law -- the very opposite of women's rights, AND with ties to Hamas to top it off. You enjoy that "march" of yours.

I understand that you are surprised since you weren't reading the March Web pages, but the bios of the leaders and chairs have been up for months. We all knew.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I should add here that the world saw a Muslim woman on stage in a position of leadership, speaking about equality. This is far more powerful and subversive than a hundred marches. We learn from seeing others like us doing things.

Muslim women in Saudi Arabia pushed to get the right to drive not because they saw women driving but because they saw Muslim women in Europe and North America driving. Muslim men became more comfortable with women driving because they encountered other men whose women drove.

Image is powerful.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join