It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Byrd

Did you have to pay for the bus or was it provided. If provided, by who?

she already said they paid their fares early in the thread

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Men with axes, wedges and chainsaws...I don't get it.

It makes us feel useful. It's fun!!! Keeps us out of trouble, unless we smack ourselves with the axe...

...and if you have a decent size pickup, you can make extra money selling firewood. I did that all through high school. Paid for that other "man-thing". HUNTING!!

Hope it was a good experience! Get home safe, if you aren't already.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: interupt42

It's about policies he will implement.
Against women.
Look I'm not going to get through to you. I can see that.
I'm so glad my husband supports empowering women and girls.
He doesn't feel threatened by them.

Noone is threatened by women and girls....

We ARE threatened by how you apparently think that NOW this is time to protest when things got incredibly worse across the board but you thought Obama was cute so he got a pass ???

And now you say it IS about Trump, yes, yes, yes, we get it lol.

You are threatened that women believe they should not be marginalized? You think misogyny, racism, etc., don't exist still?

On top of that, there are tons of people apparently, who think because of Trump locker room talk and his rude Tweets that they are validated to act as such.

If one can help to reign in the bad behavior that people think they can act upon now then that would help stop, at least on the surface, what you think threatens you, no?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Is there ever a bad time to protest injustice?

As far as I know, not that I've really looked just yet, all the events here in the US were incident free.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Bravo Byrd!

Putting your money where your mouth is for those things you find important.

Go you! Doing more than any of these keyboard warriors that have attacked you for actually getting off your arse and doing something. But I suppose typing on ATS furiously is easier for some it seems.

Bravo to freedom of speech and conviction in your beliefs.
Woot Woot!

edit on 21-1-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A quick post March update. My phone ran out of juice, and lost connection during the rally. I am not sure if you saw the size of the crowds, but I can tell you that we got in fairly early and it was so packed that we were 10 streets away from the main stage. An hour after we got there, it was impossible to move.

The atmosphere was fun. The crowds were polite and cheerful, and believe it or not, most people picked up their garbage. Comments were supportive, there were a lot of fun and interesting signs, and in all it was an excellent experience. I'm quite tired, but I'm glad that I took a long that cane because I was limping very badly by the end of the day. It was a long walk, but I was happy to be part of this incredible event.

The Metro Police said that the number of trips on the Metro that day, which was not only our rally but other places amounted to over a million rides. The number on our alley is estimated to be about 500,000, in other words about half a million people.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Also adding, that I talked to a lot of people on the bus and at the March because that's what anthropologists do. I have some interesting stories that I will share, and will wrap this thread up in two days.

I hope Sillyolme will share photos, too.

Oh, wanted to add, the breakdown was around 80% women to 20% men at the March.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Sounds like you had fun, and got a message out.

Two for two! Is it over now, or is there more planned for the rest of the weekend?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sweet. Looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's it. We are on the bus and will be headed back to Texas within an hour. It will take us over 20 hours to get to Houston. I'm going to rent a room there for the night, and then travel to Dallas the morning after.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I know! I heard someone say they were expecting around 40,000 and got half a million! I'm so proud of all of you.

eta: Hope your leg feels better after you get off of it, and you can catch some shut-eye (Texas talk?) on the bus.

Bless!

edit on 1/21/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks again for this and the updates!

Locally for those of us who didn't make it to Seattle there nice were turn outs.

Seattle

Around 50,000 people were expected to attend a Seattle march in solidarity with rallies across the world on Saturday, the day after Donald Trump’s inauguration as president. Authorities say over 100,000 people ended up participating in the march.
Source

Other West Coast Cities:

In L.A.

The exact size of the protest was difficult to measure. Women’s march organizers put the number at 750,000.

The Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement that “well past” 100,000 people attended but did not provide a more precise number. One law enforcement source said officials found it difficult to measure the size because the demonstrators ended up marching down multiple streets.

LA Times

Portland, OR,

An estimated 100,000 people descended on downtown on Saturday for the Portland Women's March and other anti-Donald Trump protests Saturday afternoon.

The march officially began at noon under the Morrison Bridge at Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Officials say they expect a crowd of about 30,000 and more than 50,000 indicated they were going on the event's Facebook page.

ORLive

Spokane 4,500- Source
Bosie 5,000- Source

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

But, I get the whiff that this March is more about the neat-o pink hats and definitely not about the sh!t they left in their own nests.

It was about so much more than that May - and I think you know that. Life is disappointing. Sometimes disappointment leads us into being disappointed with everything - all of the time

I wish you had been there - we could have used you. And, for the record - it was amazing

We're all just people. We're neither naive or stupid. Most of us have been disappointed - we have chosen to keep on keeping on

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Yell above top secret when you are on tv resisting arrest

That's what I am talking about! Be safe Byrd, give me a shout out after ATS!

Seriously though, be safe.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I wonder if that's real.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That awkward moment when you realize the organizer of the Womens March (Linda Sarsour) is pro Sharia Law -- the very opposite of women's rights, AND with ties to Hamas to top it off. You enjoy that "march" of yours.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I wonder if that's real.

Do you?

I'm sorry that you feel the need. I'm having a hard time anymore entertaining all the bitterness and bitchiness - not interested

I was there sis. And we weren't even the biggest one

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
That awkward moment when you realize the organizer of the Womens March (Linda Sarsour) is pro Sharia Law -- the very opposite of women's rights, AND with ties to Hamas to top it off. You enjoy that "march" of yours.

Get over the Sharia Law nonsense.

Amish have their own laws. Some Jewish sects have their own laws.

Have any of them ever affected you?

NO, because in the US they only apply to those who believe and choose to follow them.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Blimey, is that right?
Do you have a link????

EDIT.. never mind I found the link.. She is indeed the National co-chair of the womens march
twitter.com...

Strange how a woman advocating Sharia Law could be marching for womens rights. Clearly an ulterior motive.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join