It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

This is great for the local economies!!

Trump helping again !

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Protesting isn't against the law.
And for the ill informed (Hi there you)
The March is a show of solidarity for women's rights around the world.
You guys think everything is about displacing trump or getting him fired. Why is that I wonder?

Because the media and all liberals have said that is what it is all about ???

Hmmm GEEE I WONDER.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

It's about policies he will implement.
Against women.
Look I'm not going to get through to you. I can see that.
I'm so glad my husband supports empowering women and girls.
He doesn't feel threatened by them.

Yet, amazingly enough, Trump has already done more for "female empowerment" than Obama did in 8 years.

No, no, wait, he hasn't. What he HAS done, is put the best person he can find into a job, regardless of their gender. From Barbara Res to Kellyanne Conway, Trump has proven himself a supporter of gender-blind opportunity.

That's why you hate him. You don't want equality. You want special treatment.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

It's about policies he will implement.
Against women.
Look I'm not going to get through to you. I can see that.
I'm so glad my husband supports empowering women and girls.
He doesn't feel threatened by them.

Noone is threatened by women and girls....

We ARE threatened by how you apparently think that NOW this is time to protest when things got incredibly worse across the board but you thought Obama was cute so he got a pass ???

And now you say it IS about Trump, yes, yes, yes, we get it lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: olaru12

Sad but true. Emotions are boiling.

The worldwide marches are letting govts know what we want. Here in the US we have a right to petition our government for redress of grievances. Here are the grievances that will be petitioned.

This is all the March is about: ENDING VIOLENCE, REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS, LGBTQIA RIGHTS, WORKER’S RIGHTS, CIVIL RIGHTS, DISABILITY RIGHTS, IMMIGRANT RIGHTS, ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE.

The anarcho-capitalists now in power will hear these grievances and decide how they will respond.

The majority will not be silent this time.

So basically what you are saying is, TRUMP CAN ACTUALLY HELP AND GET THINGS DONE ON THESE TOPICS, and SUBCONSCIOUSLY YOU ALL KNOW THIS, and it would have been MEANINGLESS to march whilst the weak DRONE OBAMA was in office.

It is our chance to set things right !!!

I can guarantee that Trump will address every one of these issues, but with actual logic, one day you will be allowed to see and understand this, first we need to rid the mind control.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

World wide. People from every state people from London and Paris and even one in ANTARCTICA.
Yup, even the polar bears and penguin are protesting.

This is so bad for him.
The biggest protest against a president in history.
Oh wait, that might appeal to him. He's a record holder.
The biggest protest ever!

Oh and he lied to the CIA. He told them " The media made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community. Nothing could be further from the truth. No one respects the CIA more than I do. "

Well no one except all the people who didn't liken them to Nazis last week.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

He wants to eliminate Islam. Let's be perfectly clear.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I am on the bus to the Women's March on Washington, and as I type this, we are leaving the starting point at a South Houston mall. The bus is full- 54 of us. There's men and women of all races, age 13 (or so) to elders. Many brought signs; a few brought paper fans of the type we used to use in church.

There's an air of excitement- but also an air of nervousness. I overheard a Chinese woman reassuring someone that she would be safe here in a group. One young woman was crying silently (nerves, she explained)

There was a group of about 30 well wishers to see us off with kazoos and glitter confetti.

Lots of us are live blogging this on Facebook and other platforms. I hope the mods won't mind me putting this here.

ATS doesn't seem to like my phone uploads so I will create a Tumblr account so I can share.

Hmm. The bus captain announced we have wine. This should be fun!

Your group doesn't represent the women of America. You excluded...or should I say segregated a group of American women because they are pro-life. That makes you either Liberal Women or Pro-Choice Women...not just Women. I guess you have a right to exclude anyone you want. What you did is the exact same as turning away a group of black women, or a group of jewish women.

You should be ashamed!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
double
edit on 1/21/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This is so bad for him.

How, exactly?
Even protests in America are just symbolic events which don't affect his power in any way, and the same applies to an even greater degree to protests in other continents.
They make people feel good about themselves for doing it, but they change nothing.

edit on 21-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

This is so bad for him.

How, exactly?
Even protests in America are just symbolic events which don't affect his power in any way, and the same applies to an even greater degree to protests in other continents.
It makes people feel good about themselves for doing it, but it changes nothing.

Protests got us out of Vietnam.

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: DISRAELI

This is so bad for him.

How, exactly?
It makes people feel good about themselves for doing it, but it changes nothing.

Protests got us out of Vietnam.

You know what...I really feel like protesting your comment. How would you feel if I decide to protest on your front lawn. Maybe torch your car, throw a bottle at your wife's head and injure her? How about I get in your kid's faces a tell them you are a piece of s!@# and that their mother is a wh!@#?

But yeah...just those peaceful protests. Until they are about you.

PS: Yes...I know that you may be male or female or not have a family. I'm simply making a point.
edit on 1/21/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
Even those protests did not remove a sitting President. They just had an impact on the election of a new one. Trump is not going to say "I won't make that decision after all, because there are women on the streets of Australia".

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If they are truly concerned about women's rights, they should head on over to the Saudi Embassy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: MetalChickAmy

He wants to eliminate Islam. Let's be perfectly clear.

You are not being perfectly clear.
You're being perfectly disengenious.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

This is great for the local economies!!

Trump helping again !

Definitely a nod to fulfilling key goals outlined by Donald Trump in his inauguration speech. U.S. businesses would appreciate more huge nationwide protests like this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Not really, though they did play a roll.

They helped remove a President, which started the process that lead to the retreat.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
If they are truly concerned about women's rights, they should head on over to the Saudi Embassy.

Oh oh oh. How I wish we could!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Did you have to pay for the bus or was it provided. If provided, by who?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join