It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Why prison-time? So they can get three hots, and a cot? They'll join up with the black gang in prison, who will protect them from harm from other inmates (as best they can) and you'll have their family on the outside like "Free my n---a pookie".

Execute them. Put it on live tv. Show everyone this kind of insanity will not be tolerated.

I would, and have, said and thought the same about people of all ethnicities, so it's not about race, but what they did.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No surprise, CNN is going to create as much outrage as they possibly can from this, they're playing you and you don't even know it. That's what makes me think it was set up, they got paid to kidnap this guy and record it on Facebook so that the media had something to take advantage of.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: ConstitutionalPatriot
I am praying that we are not approaching the time where the people have to start taking care of issues like this again..

I will never vote for a black man again. I voted for him twice. He was their best man.

Obama is far from the best black folks have to offer. Don't lose hope in the whole race over the actions of one asshole.

originally posted by: angeldoll
Thanks for all the corrections on their ages. Mea culpa. I don't know why I thought they were kids.

Probably because some of the Chicago PD and media keep calling them kids.

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Was Hitler evil?
Jeffrey Dahmer: Was he evil?
...Not if we consider 'Evil' some nebulous, pseudo-religious, force.

Really, it's ALL just "bad home training".
If only baby Hitler had got a pony.

This is precisely the problem with trying to overanalyze these things. Eventually you will get to a point where everyone has an excuse, there's underlying reasons behind everything, and it's not fair to punish people accordingly if you consider their poor upbringing and all that nonsense. Look at that kid that used aflluenza as his defense after he killed a couple people. I know intellectuals think there are no absolutes, but in the criminal justice system there need to be, otherwise you have scum like that getting off with house arrest because they plucked the right violin strings with the judge.

I know some don't believe in the death penalty but this is what it's for. When a plant has a sick vine, you cut it off. Some people are too sick to function in our society. These 4 have nothing to contribute, and if your argument is MAYBE after years and millions of dollars of wasted resources one of them MIGHT turn around, I really don't care. They won't give us anything we can't get elsewhere. Death penalty.

I'd also like to note it's ironic police stopped the victim because he was walking down the street in the cold wearing shorts and they found that odd. They used their instincts and possibly saved this poor man's life. We don't know the details of his mental handicap but that combined with his state of shock after 1-2 days of torture, it's possible he could've wandered around for hours and died of exposure. This type of instinctive action by police is being discouraged on the grounds that it somehow violates civil rights. If it had been a black man, some cops may have just kept going for fear of winding up on the news for "harassing" a black man doing nothing but walking down the street in shorts. Let our cops do their job.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

So you don't think any of this is real or important enough to care about.

Just some kids goofing off, right?

Just harmless fun that got out of hand?

Is it Trump's fault?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

No surprise, CNN is going to create as much outrage as they possibly can from this, they're playing you and you don't even know it.

DOh!
DAMN YOU, CNN!!!

That Don Lemon sure is one smart SOB!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Looks like proof that CNN is part of the Administration scorched earth agenda.

No surprise.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like proof that CNN is part of the Administration scorched earth agenda.

No surprise.

More than that. Since Hillary lost so miserably, CNN and the NYT have been running the Democrat Party.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I never said we shouldn't care about it, all I'm saying is stop turning it into something bigger than what it is. Look how quickly the media jumped on this and look at the outrage being created already. They want us outraged at things that don't affect our lives so that we ignore the things that do.

No one died and the people who did it are in jail. Justice will soon be served so why try to take it beyond that and turn it into a national issue? It's all to create friction and to divide us, the media is using your outrage to drive their agenda.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What does BLM have to do with this?

As for the KKK or white supremacists reacting violently to Obama's election, check your facts.

Justin Sigler, 19, of Natchitoches, Louisiana, pleaded guilty in December 2008 to conspiring with two other individuals to violate the civil rights of a man in Lena, Louisiana who was the first African American to move into a home in the neighborhood. Sigler and two others fired shotguns at a target on a field adjacent to the victim's property before one member of the group turned his shotgun away from the target and toward the victim and his house. The next evening, Sigler, dressed in a white robe as a member of the Ku Klux Klan, went with his coconspirators to a field adjacent to the victim's residence and shouted, "White Power!" and "White Knights!" Shaken by these events, the family eventually sold their home.

Also, on election night 2008, "four young white men from Staten Island “decided to go after black people” in retaliation for Obama’s election. They first drove to the mostly black Park Hill neighborhood and assaulted a Liberian immigrant, beating him with a metal pipe and a police baton, in addition to the usual blows from fists and feet. Then they drove to Port Richmond, where they assaulted another black man and verbally threatened a Latino man and a group of black people. They finished up the night by attempting to drive next to a man walking home from his job as a Rite Aid manager – he was actually white, but this crew of geniuses managed to misidentify him as a black man – and club him with the police baton. Instead, they simply hit him with their car, throwing him off the windshield and into a coma for over a month."
edit on 5-1-2017 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

"What is wrong with the culture in Chicago?"

Wrong question!

Right question..............why was this white guy even in Chicago? Chicago is NO place for white people to be. They're just bait for crimes like this. Was he lost? Did his relatives hate him and drop him off in Chicago?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: DBCowboy

I never said we shouldn't care about it, all I'm saying is stop turning it into something bigger than what it is. Look how quickly the media jumped on this and look at the outrage being created already. They want us outraged at things that don't affect our lives so that we ignore the things that do.

No one died and the people who did it are in jail. Justice will soon be served so why try to take it beyond that and turn it into a national issue? It's all to create friction and to divide us, the media is using your outrage to drive their agenda.

Did the torture actually occur, in your opinion?

Should the 4 be let go with a warning?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

My question is, how long before the Marxist wing of the Democrat party takes control of the Democrat party?

When they do, this will get really interesting!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The media WASN'T quick to jump on this. Some of them didn't touch it until this morning, and it's still being downplayed in places. Talk about not making something that it's not. It's NOT a media-driven story. It's being driven by organic outrage from the public.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

What they did was truly deplorable.

link   
So glad they announced the charges against these scumbags. They were always going to be charged with a hate-crime. Its just the authorities could not label it as such until the charges were officially brought against them. That is how it always works.

It does not matter what the stupid people in the media say. Or how outraged people on the internet get that it was not immediately labeled a hate crime by the police and prosecutors. All that matter is the actual charges. In a case like this, it takes time to get everything in order. You don't want a mistake that happens in the early going, to derail the whole case later.

Hopefully these scumbags rot in prison for life.

link   

This is a terrible heinous act, no doubt.

But you are right - terrible heinous crimes happen every single day. Helpless children are beaten, sexually abused, stuffed in cages without food or water, chained to posts and treated like animals. For years. By their own parents. We don't see huge national stories on it every time it happens, nor do we have multiple threads on those actions here on ATS every time it happens. Why is that? They are just as heinous as the acts we are talking about right now. More so. But they don't get the big national press. Why is that?

The media tells us what to get riled up about. They control our emotions by controlling what we see.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If adults, tried as adults, they can enjoy their time in jail.

But yea.. it's overreacting when you advocate killing them. WAY overreacting. If that were the case, they probably need to outright kill about 60 or 70% of inmates in prison. Unless you are saying because they were black kids picking on a white kid with mental issues is somehow due the death penalty more than other crimes?

Racism is rampant, certainly.. and coming from both sides.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think the death penalty should be used more often, and the appeals process for death cases should be fast-tracked so it doesn't take 15 years. We shouldn't be wasting resources on the lowest scum in our society.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
a reply to: Konduit

What does BLM have to do with this?

When you parrot what an organization says, you are part of the organization..

example.. "sig heil" = nazi/white supremacists..... "f***Trump, f*** white people" = BLM/radical left... "allahu ahkbar" (or whatever) = radical Islamic terrorists(isis) etc etc etc

By saying these things they identified themselves with BLM. Hopefully that logic clears things up.

Edit to add : are you seriously trying to justify what happened by saying that something similar happened when Obama was elected so this is nothing new? What happened back the may have been similar to what's happening now as far as but it's not the same. Media didn't down play those instances with a boys will be boys rhetoric. The lefts reaction to this election is far worse than the rights has ever been. Riots, kidnappings, torture, false rape accusations, poking the bear, Like it cool or OK. It's not..
edit on 5-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That is funny because I know lots of white people in Chicago. Last time I checked none of them were bait for crimes like this. I am half white/half hispanic and my girlfriend is white. Her whole family is also white as well as half of my family and a lot of my friends. All live in Chicago with no problem.

I don't know why everyone thinks you can't go outside in Chicago without dodging bullets and getting robbed. Chicago is a huge city. The majority of these shootings you hear about happen in a handful of isolated neighborhoods. Don't get me wrong those neighborhoods are a problem that needs to be fixed. But the whole city is not the wild west. If you stay out of those neighborhoods you are as safe as anywhere else.
edit on 5-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join