It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

I'm defending BLM, not this other thing you're thinking is BLM. You don't know what BLM actually is, clearly.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don`t care if they want to kill each other in Chicago as long as they keep it in Chicago but we are seeing the Chicago crime epidemic starting to spill over into the suburbs and once that genie is out of the bottle there will be no putting it back in even with full scale martial law.
It`s foolish to wait until the dam breaks before admitting that there`s a problem and doing something about it.

there are an estimated 150,000 gang members in Chicago,when the dam breaks it`s going to literally take an army to contain that many criminals running rampant through the Chicago suburbs.The dam is already leaking it`s inevitable that it will break.

being proactive is always more effective than being reactive.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

So according to yourself it wasn't a hate crime but merely creative artistic expression by the oppressed youth.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

He was kidnapped also. What are your feelings regarding kidnapping? Is it a minor thing to abduct a mentally challenged person, torture him and put him in the hospital? I find it hard to see that as minor in any way and taking a persons freedom is one of the worst crimes anyone could commit.

ABC Article Link

They say the four black suspects face hate crime charges because they were shouting racial slurs at the victim and because they referred to his mental capacity.

They knew they had abducted a mentally challenged person. How does it get worse than that?

At a news conference on Thursday afternoon, police also said the victim had been friends with one of the suspects, 18-year-old Jordan Hill of suburban Chicago. They say on New Year's Eve, Hill and the victim met up at a suburban McDonald's to begin what both the victim and his parents believed was going to be a sleepover.

It was a premeditated abduction by people so cowardly and vile, they went after someone they knew they could bully and control. It makes me ill just thinking what kind of people could do such a thing.

Police say Hill drove the victim around in a stolen van for a couple days. They ended up at a home in Chicago, where police say Hill and the three other suspects taunted the victim and beat him.

How anyone could not think this deserves the harshest possible punishment is beyond me.

I don't agree with the concept of hate crimes as all violent crime is hate crimes, but anyone who would do this needs to be separated from society to protect innocent people from them. This is not something done on a whim, it was a cold calculated act by people who can only be described as sociopaths.

I'd have no problem at all with these sick people being sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
a reply to: CrazyK22

I'm defending BLM, not this other thing you're thinking is BLM. You don't know what BLM actually is, clearly.

Chew on this:

BLM should own this the same exact way that Donald Trump and Trump supporters should have to own every instance of hate crime the left tries to tack on them.

If you want to think that Donald Trump or all of his voters are personally responsible for every instance of a swastika being reported somewhere, then you can also think that BLM and its rhetoric led directly to this.

For the record I don't think BLM owns this, but I also don't think Trump and Trump voters need to own every single instance of a claimed hate crime that happens somewhere against a minority from here on in.
edit on 5-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

So according to yourself it wasn't a hate crime but merely creative artistic expression by the oppressed youth.

Right. Because they just slapped him and gave him a free haircut---a very artistic and creative one.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pretty disgusting but not exactly life threatening. It's horrible what they did but some people have to blow it out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: xuenchen

Pretty disgusting but not exactly life threatening. It's horrible what they did but some people have to blow it out of proportion.

So can we go back to waterboarding then?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What in the hell are you talking about? I haven't condoned one thing that these people did to that man so stop acting like I have.

I'll say again, these people should be prosecuted to the FULL extent of the law for everything they did here, no need to blow it out of proportion though. As soon as the national media starts talking about something the sheep follow. People say they don't trust the media yet follow them wherever they lead.
edit on 1/5/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They say that after they found this handicapped, special needs, young man wandering the streets after escaping (Read: ESCAPING...From his Kidnappers)...it took him an entire day to calm down.

Clearly, he never felt his life was threatened.

(post by Zimnydran removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How did he escape? Is he able to talk at all? If not that sounds awful convenient for the narrative being pushed by the media so far.

"RACISM RACISM RACISM! Everybody freak out!"

And we do it. Every. Single. Time.
edit on 1/5/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not going to comment due to anger.

JUST LOOK AT THEM.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I thought there was only 1 special needs student involved?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What world are you living in exactly? The only narrative I see from the MSM on this story is their attempt to bend over backwards to avoid any reference to the racial and political dimensions of this crime.

edit on 5-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I still say there is more to this story. Something doesnt smell right.

Why would the parents of a kid who is supposedly retarded or slow, drop their son off at a McDonalds to go spend the night with some random ghetto rat like the suspect? How does the victim even know the suspect?

No suburban parent white or black is going to allow thier kid to go to a sleep over in west side of chicago.

Something is not adding up with this story.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: Blaine91555

What in the hell are you talking about? I haven't condoned one thing that these people did to that man so stop acting like I have.

I'll say again, these people should be prosecuted to the FULL extent of the law for everything they did here, no need to blow it out of proportion though. As soon as the national media starts talking about something the sheep follow. People say they don't trust the media yet follow them wherever they lead.

I was responding to this in a general way -

All I read was that they slapped him, cut his hair and clothes and threw ashes in his face, unless I'm missing something (which I may be) them it sounds like nothing was done to him that was life threatening.

What would you suggest happen to the people? Death penalty? Ridiculous (unless I'm missing something).

To me it sounded like you are trying to minimize what they did and if I was wrong, I apologize.

I don't buy into this was a staged thing in any way. It is what it is and those who did this deserve the harshest possible punishment for going after a challenged individual, which makes it far worse in my opinion. Claiming it's staged is just obfuscation for some reason.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

And they know that "triggers" a lot of people, that's why they keep doing it blatantly. Look at the outrage, what good can come of it?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I still say there is more to this story. Something doesnt smell right.

Why would the parents of a kid who is supposedly retarded or slow, drop their son off at a McDonalds to go spend the night with some random ghetto rat like the suspect? How does the victim even know the suspect?

No suburban parent white or black is going to allow thier kid to go to a sleep over in west side of chicago.

Something is not adding up with this story.

From the various links in this thread:

The victim, who is from northwest suburban Crystal Lake, was reported missing from nearby Streamwood by his parents on Monday. Police said they had not heard from him since Sunday, when they dropped him off at the McDonald's near Schaumburg and Barrington roads.

A manager told ABC7 Eyewitness News off-camera the young man often came to the restaurant to eat and would hang out until it was time for closing.

The victim, who is from northwest suburban Crystal Lake, was reported missing from nearby Streamwood by his parents on Monday. Police said they had not heard from him since Saturday, when they dropped him off at the McDonald's near Schaumburg and Barrington roads to meet up for a sleepover with Hill. Police said the two were "acquaintances" who met at a school in Aurora.

Police in Streamwood, Illinois, say the parents reported their son missing Monday, and later the parents received text messages from people who claimed to be holding their son captive.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

If you read my post you would know that I agree with you on being proactive. What I disagree on is the need for martial law. The amount of homicides per year in Chicago was worse in the 70's, 80's, and 90's that it was in the 2000's and the 2010's.

Were you calling for martial law then. Did the United States army have to fight a rampaging gang army in those decades when it was worse than it is now. Or are you overreacting because of political reasons and because the internet shoves it in your face more now than in the past.

A more sane thing to do than jump to martial law. Would be to re-instate the anti-gang unit and let them begin to once again dismantle the gangs. Setting a precedent for martial law in America is a horrible idea. Do you think Republicans will be the only ones in office from now till the end of time. There will most likely be a time when an administration that differs politically from you will be in power.

Do you want them to have the precedent of martial law in their playbook.
edit on 5-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join