It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!!! I asked the pixies if they would fix us a big breakfast and it looks like they took the message to heart!

I love and miss you guys soooo much!!! I have been so busy trying to get everything at work caught up so I can dedicate the time needed to school next week, but that hasn't been leaving me much "me" time. Just know that even when I'm not posting I am reading along and missing everyone!!!!

Good Morning

It's beautiful Jess!

"I went to a garden party, to reminisce with my old friends"

Some days I just want to crawl back in bed, don't you? So glad you are getting ready for an exciting time at school!
((hugs))

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Jess, Love the pixie breakfast!!! I'm glad that you are at least able to still lurk and see us. We know you love and miss us and we love and miss you too! Things will settle down for you in time. Good luck to you with your schooling when you go! Love your Valentine avatar!!!

Hiya Chirp! That birdie gif is the cutest thing! OMG, he covers himself up with his little blanket! LOL
How are you? Miss and love you Hun!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hello Shedwegians!

Well, the snow arrived with a wee flourish here in Scotland overnight last night. (Thankfully the winds had died down a bit by then.)

It has been snowing off & on all day since then, so it's quite a bit deeper now.
The roads are pretty bad, but they're OK if you take your time and know what you're doing.....
Which brings me onto the other 75% of drivers here who don't seem to have a freaken clue!!!!

So far today I've seen a woman revving the bejeezus out of her little trendy (4x4 lookalike) citycar, which just sends the front wheels spinning and car sliding sideways...
A guy in a small silver KIA 4x4 going too fast, braking too late and sliding towards me... just missing me!! ...
A guy in a black VW Golf (Rabbit) doing a great impersonation of the previous woman in the citycar...
A woman in a small Vauxhall (GM) Astra spinning her wheels and failing miserably several times to get up a tiny hill (that I'd just driven up 5 mins before) because she was approaching it REALLY SLOWLY then trying to accelerate up it...
etc etc

We get snow here every year.... Why does it always catch them by surprise?
and Why don't they know what to do???? Take it steady and smooth... anticipate... look ahead and prepare...

/rant

Hiya!
G

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi! With the weird warmer than normal weather we have had for a couple of days, I think all of our snow has now melted. We have crazy drivers here too, snow or no snow. How are you today?

I should be seeing my friend Diane tomorrow. We don't get to see each other very often, so it will be a treat for me. We go for lunch and then the salvation army store and maybe a dollar store. Love our bargains! Love second hand stores, it's like treasure hunting where you never know what you're going to find.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah we're all fine.
I had to go to a nearby town (Hamilton) to formally register my mums death today, and the roads were pretty bad as I said earlier. You need to register the death here before they issue the paperwork that the funeral directors need in order to proceed with planning the funeral. It's just a formality, but involves answering lots of questions about my mum, my dad, their previous jobs, pensions, insurances etc etc so I'm glad that's over and done with!

We've chosen a funeral director and visited them today to hand over the paperwork I mentioned above.
It looks like the funeral will be held next Friday (20th Jan). It is a little bit later than would be usual... but knowing what my relatives are like... we decided that it would be best if most of them weren't working the next day!!! so we chose the Friday, so that they could send mum off in style without worrying about getting up in the morning. I suspect that it might turn into a late night!!

Apart from that we've been having a laugh going through some more of the old photographs!
My sister has been the one most embarrassed so far..... mainly by her '70's fashion sense! but I can't show you because she GRABBED ALL OF THOSE PICS!!!! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I did grab a few of my mum, to put in her Order Of Service though...

G

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hello all...i am going to be removing the videos later today..so if you want to watch them tonight is the last night..www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh Gordi, I just love old photos! I knew you would have fun looking through all the pics! I know I did when I went through my Mom's.

In the first pic of her as a child, that skirt reminded me of my childhood Catholic school uniform! If I recall correctly it was green with navy blue and I think a little red in it. To this day I can't wear plaid! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hiya CC! I had fun watching those! I still love the air guitar Mike played. Ahahaha!

Gordi, those pics were great! I truly enjoyed seeing them! I really have to find myself a cheap and easy to use camera. I would like to share pics of different things with everyone!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Mrs. Shepherd & I watched 'The Giver' on Netflx before Christmas. Very interesting movie, very thought provoking. I have to wonder where we are headed as a species. In some ways I'm pretty impressed with humanity, and in other ways, profoundly sad & disappointed.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Gordi - excellent pictures. Your mum is a lovely woman.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks shep and night!

I LOVE the old B&W photos... mum had lots of distant relatives weddings and stuff... and me and sis were like "oooh -Who's THAT??" LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Mrs. Shepherd & I watched 'The Giver' on Netflx before Christmas. Very interesting movie, very thought provoking. I have to wonder where we are headed as a species. In some ways I'm pretty impressed with humanity, and in other ways, profoundly sad & disappointed.

I have to say that I feel the same Shep. I was quite impressed by the movie. So many movies lack any real depth, or maybe it's the ones my Husband pics out. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Thanks shep and night!

I LOVE the old B&W photos... mum had lots of distant relatives weddings and stuff... and me and sis were like "oooh -Who's THAT??" LOL

LOL! We had some pics too where we were asking who is this and who is that?

I remember the day my Mom died, I went into her empty apartment by myself and started sorting through her things. I found draws filled to the brim with photos and photo albums. I got large bags and started making one for myself and each of my siblings. I put the ones of my Brothers and Sister as children or ones of them and their kids in their bags. It took hours so I saved the rest for other days to go through. It was like taking a journey through time. The old automobiles, clothing and whatnot was such a pleasure to see.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What's wrong with Alien vs Predator 13? Sharkanado 8?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Hi Gordi and everyone else too!

Gordi those old pix are very cool! I always like to see old photos. The differences of then to now, for clothes etc., are neat to see!

Night, CC and I saw that movie a little while back. It was very cool! One of My better choices.
Yah, I have picked some real winners before. As in , NOT good!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My father-in-law pulled out old photo albums recently - stuff from his side of the family all the way back to when cameras were invented - stuff from before they emigrated to the U.S. Fascinating to look at, and to see family resemblance to, say, my brother-in-law in a picture of a kid 120 years ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour
(Shed 13) Page 69 - What You Can't See
(Shed 13) Page 70 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 1

Today's episode: Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 2

“Take me to the Temple!” He felt a Command. Weak, but it pulled at him.

“Keeper,” she whispered.

“Yes, my Lady?” he panted, winded from the fight and now carrying her.

“Tell Lord Braeghe…what you saw…” she coughed, spraying blood. It dripped from the corner of her mouth down her cheek.

“Please, my Lady…”

Her eyes flashed at him. “Listen, Keeper…” She paused for breath, then closed her eyes. She was unconscious.

Tolin reached the mouth of the alley at a trot. “Make way! Make way for the Keepers!” He pressed into the throng at the gate as it parted, people shouting in alarm at the sight of the woman’s bloody form. Pushing through, he reached the Keepers working the overturned cart.

“Master Remmen! Master Remmen!”

The grizzled old man in red and gold Keeper livery turned from his argument with the cart driver, who seemed to be refusing to pick up his cargo and unblock the Castle Arch. Seeing Tolin, his eyes widened and he walked swiftly over. “What is the meaning of this, Cons?”

“This woman is a Seeress of the Temple. She was attacked in the alleyway…”

“Use your head, boy. This girl is no Seeress. Have you ever even seen one? Not a one of them is less than twice my age. She’s probably a Bearer who…”

“Sir, beg pardon but Loerval and a Bastion Lanceguard are dead in that alley. I’d be with them if not for whatever this woman did. One moment I was about to get a sword across my throat, the next, those two got hit by…something….knocked them clear back into the dirt sir. She must have…she…” he shrugged, unwilling to speak about Aomm’s Gift. “Sir, she gave me a Command. I have got to go!”

Remmen’s eyes narrowed. He looked down at the girl, then gently pushed the dark hair on her forehead aside. There lay a simple circlet of silver with clear gem in the center.

“Bloody Abyss…” Remmen swore under his breath. “Silnae! Juvaen! Get over here!”

Two Keepers came over toward them from near the cart. Tolin noticed the cart bore a sigil he hadn’t seen before – a white seabird in a diamond-shaped field of blue. “Get Tolin and this woman to the Temple. Double trot!”

“Master Remmen,” Tolin said, “that Lanceguard, he was wearing Braeghe Color. He killed two of them. She told me to inform Lord Braeghe.”

Remmen paused for a moment, then nodded curtly. “Silnae, you get to the Bastion and tell Braeghe. You’re the fastest one here. Run the message, son, I don’t want Braeghe finding out from some peasant out here in the market. Tolin, get on with you to the Temple then. Report back to me at the Keep when you are through. Yunil! Hardangat! Leave this idiot to clean up his own cart. We’ve got work to do!”

Remmen and the remaining Keepers headed toward the alleyway Tolin had directed them to.

Tolin, accompanied by Cons Juvaen, turned to head toward the Temple of Aomm in search of a cart driver to help them carry the woman. Behind him, he didn’t see the dark look on the cart driver’s face, or when driver snapped his fingers at the other men with him, and they immediately righted the cart and began cleaning up the cart’s cargo from the market roadway.

edit on 1-12-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

What's wrong with Alien vs Predator 13? Sharkanado 8?

I LOVE Alien vs Preditor!!!!! I love alien/ufo movies. I like some horror, but prefer the haunting types. My Hubby seems to like the blood and gore and torture ones with no real story lines. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi Syx! Mr. Air Guitar himself is in the room!

Shep, I'll get to your story later. Have to leave for a while, color my hair and do things around the house.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join