It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

HAVE YOU SAVED ALL YOUR THINGS TO YOUR CHIP..THAT YOU PUT IN OR ARE THEY IN THE PHONE..IF IN THE PHONE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOOK YOUR PHONE INTO YOUR PUTER AND GET THINGS OUT..THAT IS HOW I GET MY INFO OUT OF MY PHONE...BUT THIS LAST PHONE I COULDNT SEE ANY THING ON THE SCREEN AND I DO MEAN ANY THING..IT WAS SO BAD THAT MY STUFF COULDNT BE PUT IN MY NEW PHONE...SO I LOST ALOT OF PICTURES OF MY NEWER GRANDSON..WELL I HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
MAN I HATE BEING THE FIRST ONE ON THE NEXT PAGE...DARN IT..

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

YES I KNOW SILLY OLD MAN...LOL...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
CC, luckily, we only had one female so she was pregnant when we got her, so we found homes for her babies and all was well. I miss having birds, but I have the turtle, a fish and the cat to keep me busy with feeding and cleaning for now.

Hi again Dave! Having lovely weather out your way I bet. I'm dreaming of Spring and open windows.

Syx, You are always so helpful with everyone. I just have a cheap flip phone, but it does what I need it to do and I can just buy a card for my minutes and airtime. No monthly plans or anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: ccbears

Hi CC. Im debating on getting a new phone. I have all these pictures and pdfs i dont want to loose and have to figure out a way to save them before i get a new phone

But yeah i can barely see the screen.

Hi Dave,
If your phone charger cable has a USB connector at the other end... you just plug that into a USB slot on your computer and you should be able to see your phone as another drive on your computer.
You can then just browse to the phone memory and/or phone card memory and copy whatever files you want to keep onto your computer hard drive.
(Sounds more complicated than it actually is!)
G

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CC
Your right in that I am one Silly OLD Man!! LMAO!!!

Night
I try to be helpful. Drives CC nuts!! LOL!!

I loved My flip phone! No 'butt calls' with that one!
I make those kinda calls a lot with the new touch screen I have now!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Waves at Gordi from across the big pond!

Syx, I used to have a phone that did that and it drove me crazy. I love the flip phone and have no problems.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok. Time to help CC.
Will be away from My puter for a while, so CatchYa's later!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Howdy Shedisans!

I appear to have missed some stuff. That's all I'll say about that.

Hope you folks are having a lovely Friday! I'll see if I can get an episode of my main story posted today - been a while for that.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

WE ONLY HAVE OUR LITTLE SKOOTER HERE..AND I FEEL SO SO BAD..HIS HAIR NEED A CUT AND WE DIDNT HAVE MONEY SO I SHAVED HIM..AND WOW OH WOW...I CUT A LITTLE TO SHORT..I NOW SEE MARKS THAT I DID EVEN CUT HIM...AGAIN I FEEL SO BAD ABOUT THAT..I CUTTED ALSO TO GET SOME FLEAS GONE AS WELL..BUT HE WONT LET ME TOUCH HIS LEGS OR FACE...SO THATS WHERE THEY ARE NOW..AND IT SO HURTS ME THAT THEM DAM FLEAS KEEP BITTING HIM...WE HAVE TO BOMB THIS PLACE AND THEN VACCUM IT ALL BEFORE WE LEFT HIM BACK IN THE PLACE...SO NOT SURE WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN...HE NEVER HAD FLEAS WHEN WE LIVED UP BY CHICAGO..BEFORE I CUT HIS HAIR I COULD SEE WHERE HE HIS BITTEN HIM SELF SO BAD FROM THEM DAM FLEAS THAT HE WAS BLEEDING..MAN I SO FEEL BAD FOR THIS LITTLE GUY..SO NEXT YEAR WE ARE GOING TO GET SOME THING FOR THE YARD TO KILL OFF ALL THE BUGS..I FORGOT WHAT ITS CALLED..BUT I WILL LOOK FOR IT AGAIN..

WELL ITS TIME FOR ME TO GET TO WORK..HAVE A GREAT DAY...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello Shep! Looking forward to your next story entry!!

CC, your little dog should have a flea bath as well as flea bombing your place. Flea bombing works wonders as it gets rid of adult fleas as well as any eggs. Years ago we had indoor cats but the Landlords at the time would come to our apartment with their dog who had fleas and we ended up with a flea problem. The flea drops you put on a dog work too or flea collar. Just watch the dog in case of any reactions.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Then I shan't make you wait, Night Star!
(I just wanted to use "shan't" today...)

ETA: Oh my gosh, I completely missed a chunk!

Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour
(Shed 13) Page 69 - What You Can't See
(Shed 13) Page 70 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 1
(Shed 13) Page 73 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 2

Today's episode: News Comes to the Lord Captain

“If he makes it this far he will break his teeth at the southern gate,” Pathon growled.

“We can hope, Merkum. However, it will be a dark day indeed if the Emperor makes it to the walls of Avaanse, for that will mean the Prince has failed.”

“Do you think he would have a chance, my Lord? For the Makata to invade, they would need a huge army. The Prince would likely be vastly outnumbered.”

“I wouldn't need Prince Taarvaes to destroy the Makata, just slow them down. Anyway, we all need him to survive.”

Sir Pathon nodded in agreement, just as there was a knock on the door. To Gaalen’s surprise it creaked open without invitation.

“What is it, Joen?”

“There is a City Keeper here to see you, sir. He claims it is urgent.”

“What do the Peacekeepers want with me?”

“I’m sorry sir, he did not say. He claims it is urgent.”

“Alright, show him in.”

The Keeper Joen led in was younger than Gaalen, and taller. He had a gaunt look about the eyes, and the white-blond hair that escaped from under his hood was damp with sweat.

“I am Lord Braeghe. What is your name, Cons?”

“Yuegen Silnae, Lord Braeghe.” A Silnae in the Keepers? He did have the look, though, vaguely.

“Have you run here, Cons?”

“Yes, my Lord. I was instructed to.”

“Very well Cons Silnae, what brings you all the way from the City Keep?”

“A young woman was attacked near the Market today, sir. She was taken to the Temple for her injuries, but she insisted that you be informed of the matter.”

“Why would I be informed of…” He stopped as it came to him. Cons Silnae continued.

“I only saw her for a moment, my lord. She had dark hair and wore a white cloak. Apparently she claimed to be a Seeress, but she looked too young, sir. There was a Bastion Lanceguard wearing Braeghe Color involved in the attack as well. I’m sorry, my lord, he did not survive.”
Gaalen froze as his heart skipped a beat. I’m sorry, my lord, he did not survive. Calmly, he turned to Sir Pathon. “I regret we must continue later, Sir Pathon. I will send Joen for you when this is dealt with.”

The grizzled soldier rose and left the chamber without a word.

“Cons Silnae, You may return to the City Keep with my gratitude. Please inform Lord Orendar I would like the Lanceguard’s body and possessions brought to the Bastion, and that I will call on him later.”

Joen returned with Gaalen’s cloak and sword as the young Cons left.

[ETA:]
“Thank you, Joen.” Still gritting his teeth, Gaalen turned to the serving woman and began buckling on his sword. “Aeselle, would you excuse us?” He watched her curtsy and leave. Rage exploded in his head, and he pounded his fist on the table. “Damn!”

He turned to a pale Joen.

“Take a message to Lady Macosai. Deliver it to her yourself. Tell her Seeress Meron has been attacked and a Lanceguard is dead. Speak of this to no one else, Joen. I’m going to the Temple.”

Grabbing his cloak, he turned to leave. At the door, he paused. “And Joen, find out who was on Lady Meron’s detail today, then attend me at the Temple.”

edit on 1-27-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Ooooh, good story! Thank you!

Doing some laundry and getting that out of the way. Making a pair of earrings now.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This is more interesting than my current activity: Staring at computer code.

Lines and lines of computer code...

let originalDate = Date.parse(dateString);
let offsetDate = new Date(originalDate);
let cstOffset = offsetDate.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60 * 1000

argh...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wolves howl for multiple reasons, one is to gather.

I see that was what happened during this little low pressure system that magically dissipated.
Every one behaved in the true Shed Spirit, "Seek to Understand". It was very impressive.
We care enough to listen, to be vulnerable with out slashing back.
Happy Friday Every One

May you all have a fab day and week end.

A proud Sheddite.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Well said, WIS.

(BTW I love wolves. Your pics are awesome.)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thanks Shep, aren't we supposed to be opposed to each other you a Shepherd me a wolf?

Wolves are predators like us, top of the food chain like us, I understand the subconscious desire to destroy any thing that threatens our self imposed superiority.
Under stand it I do, but I am ashamed that the majority still retort to degrading competitive behavior. If we were truly superior we would seek to learn and share our space.
This goes for all that we rid from our surroundings.
Thank you for letting me rant. That felt good.

Have a grand day Shepherd of The Shedlands. Tootles.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hello again Shep!

Hello Wis!

Busy with housework, but I'm around.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Opposed? You & I? Not likely. Besides, I'm not your ordinary shepherd.

That didn't seem like a rant to me; I would label that "philosophical musing."

I agree that many times we are capable of just as much (or more) base instinct, selfishness, competitiveness, and brutality as the most violent of predators.

I think we are also capable of indescribable beauty and deep joy. I take the good with the bad, as I feel we must, until such time as we develop beyond it.

You have a wonderful day also, WIS!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Howdy, dear Night.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join