It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
Hate to break it to the whole world, but everyone gets teased, beat up, pushed around. Just because a person is trans, doesn't mean they are getting more or less of their share of bullying.
Short people get teased, tall people, birthmark on your arm? More teasing-pushing-bullying.
When ever a person stands out, especially from middle school to young adulthood, the teasing and harassment can be vicious.
The best way to stop teasing/bullying is a well place punch in the nose. Hopefully a bunch of blood flows. That for sure stops it.

Trans issues however have become a talking point lately and that's because we are tired of being murdered and harassed just for trying to live our lives like any other decent citizen.

Lol just stop. I was a short kid and got teased. You know full well that's not even 1% of what a boy dressing up as a girl will get.

Not to mention a short kid can fight back and fit in. I can't really see a conceivable way that a transgender kid can stop bullying without adults interfering.
edit on 12/17/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It's that society treats these people horribly that is the issue. Good for National Geographic as the story and even being on YouTube can help others.

originally posted by: suvorov
Next step is beastiality, Dog-humans etc

No, just no. Please, that is not the direction here why do people keep touting that? Just let children such as in the OP suffer?

How do you know the child is not being exploited?

been alive on this earth 9 years. How much can you know about yourself or anyone else in 9 years a few of those in diapers? on the other hand the Parents know how to make money and how to use their kid perhaps.

What makes you assume they are being exploited? Can they not have a choice, as they mention about being an advocate.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

What's the answer?

You can teach and take up hours or weeks of public school time preaching the way to treat everyone. this starts with the parents. But the kids are going to be kids, they are not adults. They don't have the humility to understand that these kids are just living their lives.
I think this issue is going to be a problem that will be with us for a long time. all you can do is tell them to treat people with respect, and if they don't, what do you do? Like if they call someone names, what do you do? Is calling someone a trans related bad name worse than calling someone a dork? Are we to have a certified list of names we can call each other?

This is a hard issue, and your making it a cut and dry stop teasing or bullying is a pie in the sky solution.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sad.

I remember when National Geographic used to be a respectable magazine.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

How can I be accused of calling you an abomination when I don't
know you,or your circumstances? My thoughts and feelings about
this topic won't change,period!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's CHILD abuse plain and simple.
I decided I wanted to be a soldier at 9 should I have taken that to the same adult level as a sexual identity BACK THEN?
Completely DISGUSTING.

edit on 17-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't know at what age the Trans should go ahead and jump into the arena of this politicized issue. At 9 she is far too young to really understand the ramifications of this.

Born a boy but likes acting like girl. It definitely is not ideal, but maybe give it time until you go through puberty.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Welcome to Earth, the lunatic asylum of the Milky way. Humanity is insane.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I hate...... No actually DETEST it when people claim you're being ignorant about this. It boils my blood.

For the people who claim that this is psychological - Well give yourself a cookie you're right, and guess what we usually ask people with psychological issues to do? Here's a clue, we don't tell them their psychosis is real and encourage everyone else to enable it.

For the people who claim that this is neurological - I say pants to you, you could argue this semantic all day long.
If a skinny person looks in the mirror and sees a fat person looking back they're anorexic - a condition requiring HELP as it's NOT the reality of the situation RIIIIIGHT? So if I, AS A BOY, look in the mirror and see a girl........... You give me my own bathroom, change the law to suit me and to hell with the age of responsibility you have an agenda to run with.

This is UTTERLY insane, it really is and it absolutely, 100% baffles my noodle as to why this is an issue. YOU HAVE EYES.

A great example of this utterly lunacy is the interview with Zoey Tur and Ben Shapiro where Zoey leans in and threatens Ben with violence (very masculine and ladylike) then goes on to suggest BIOLOGY is wrong...... I'm sorry, no..... Lunacy. Instead of the anchors saying to Zoey it's not okay to threaten people live on air, they claim BEN Shapiro was in the wrong for calling a man, a man! This level of insanity is just...... It's just..... (dies).
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly. When I was 9 years old I wanted to be a bullfighting spaceman firefighter.

I get that some people legitimately feel that they aren't born the right way. But if parents treat every child's fantasy as reality, and take steps to drastically alter that childs future, then that is a big problem.

PC shouldn't factor into a childs health.

at 9 you wanted to be a bullfighting spaceman firefighter,not that you WERE one, your brain wasn't hard wired to tell you you were that...it is a BIG difference....you didn't go to bed every night praying to god that you would wake up and be ( quote taken from chas bono when growing as a child) a bullfighting spaceman firefighter......THAT is a BIG difference...why do people not under stand this???
edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: nothing

when they look in the mirror, they see the opposite sex , they see the sex that they aree born with and it depresses and disturbs thenm
edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: spelling and extra sentence

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: douplicate

link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: duplicate

link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: duplicate

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I hate...... No actually DETEST it when people claim you're being ignorant about this. It boils my blood.

When the shoe fits.

Nothing you have said is correct.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I don't know at what age the Trans should go ahead and jump into the arena of this politicized issue. At 9 she is far too young to really understand the ramifications of this.

Born a boy but likes acting like girl. It definitely is not ideal, but maybe give it time until you go through puberty.

You are so wrong.

Your brain tells you who you are, not your physical body parts.

She is not "acting" like a girl. She IS a girl. Because her brain tells her she is.

The brain is formed inutero. Gender is not chosen at any particular age. It is inherent.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

you wanted TO BE a soldier...you didn't think you WERE a soldier...the hard wiring in your brain didn't didn't constantly make you feel that you WERE a soldier....BIG difference.....Chaz bono, as a child, prayed to god every night to wake up as a male...did you pray to god every night that you would wake up a soldier??? of course you didn't

why is it so hard for people to understand the difference

edit on 17-12-2016 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What is really upsetting is how it is even affecting job applications. I recently had a falling out with the owner of my job and quit. I applied to Lowes to get the money to start a pressure washing business. After filling out the application I was then ordered to take the old same question after question agree/disagree BS assessment. It had my gender as undecided and I wasn't able to change it. I had to email the assessment's response team to change it, and of course they didn't. Not once in my life have I ever identified myself as anything other then male on any form of any kind. The world is becoming a horrible joke

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Damn its almost like you are on a relentless assault to destroy any credibility you may have left. Does she have a vagina no she has a penis to the rest of the world who doesn't view it from a psychotic liberal stand point that makes her a boy. I have no problem with transgender's but that is just a ridiculous standpoint. Next up snow is claiming that in fact it's purple not white we are now listing snow as purple, white, or undecided the hell do y'all smoke I want some.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyK22
a reply to: Annee
Damn its almost like you are on a relentless assault to destroy any credibility you may have left. Does she have a vagina no she has a penis to the rest of the world who doesn't view it from a psychotic liberal stand point that makes her a boy.

Your ignorance is showing once again.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study

Our results show that the white matter microstructure pattern in untreated FtM transsexuals is closer to the pattern of subjects who share their gender identity (males) than those who share their biological sex (females). Our results provide evidence for an inherent difference in the brain structure of FtM transsexuals.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 18-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join