It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Since I was a little kid, I knew something was wrong. For some reason, I know I was meant to be a bottle of vodka. That is who I am. I identify as an alcoholic drink.

Maybe that would explain why was I injecting so many alcohol injections in to my body. I wish back then there was this kind of technology to help me

Anyone knows where do I sign up to tell my story?
edit on 701k2016Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: liammc

Ian Harvie - trans male stand up comedian. Born a girl.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CrazyK22

Could it be that someday, science will figure out how to physically change the brain of a person with gender dysphoria so that they identify with their birth sex? Maybe. The brain and all its wiring, along with the intricate web of hormones and receptors is very, very complicated.

What we know right now, though, is the best way to treat a person with true gender dysphoria is to treat the dysphoria symptoms - and that includes things like changing the body to match the conscious identity. This recommended treatment has a MUCH better rate of success than trying to change the conscious identity to match the body.
Wouldn't it be easier to figure out how to tweak the brain so that it matches the body, rather than physically rewire the whole thing?

Easier? Can you figure out how to do it if it's so easy? Someone who could figure out how to do it could get a patent on the procedure and make millions. Go for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Since I was a little kid, I knew something was wrong. For some reason, I know I was meant to be a bottle of vodka. That is who I am. I identify as an alcoholic drink.

Maybe that would explain why was I injecting so many alcohol injections in to my body. I wish back then there was this kind of technology to help me

Anyone knows where do I sign up to tell my story?

The thing that is soooo dumb about this argument, is that being a bottle of vodka has nothing to do with being human. Man or woman, male or female - these things do have something to do with being human. The body itself develops to be either male or female - not something inhuman like a bottle of vodka. One's conscious identity usually matches what the body is - male or female. On rare occasions, the conscious identity is male when the body is female, or female when the body is male. Has nothing to do with inhuman inanimate objects.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Cancelled my subscription. I don't get NG for politics.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Calm down, you are hurting my feelings

You absolutely cannot be sure about that, as we know very little about this disorder as some of you have already mentioned.

Back in the day, there was no such thing as a transgender person. It was unheard of. What makes you think that in 10, 20 years, people won't start identifying as items? Are you going to support that decision as well?

And this is the first time in my life that I heard that consciousness has a gender.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

There have ALWAYS been people who identified as the opposite gender. Different societies have had different ways of dealing with them. You are using the same dumb argument people used with debating same sex marriage. People are gonna start marrying their toasters! Obvious fear mongering is obvious.

Consciousness doesn't "have" a gender. Geez.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: liammc

Ignorance is a CHOICE.

A CHOICE you are making while being rude to someone who knows what they're talking about.

We know we can't educate those who refuse.

But, others who read here might willingly open their mind, willing to learn by choice.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Calm down, you are hurting my feelings

You absolutely cannot be sure about that, as we know very little about this disorder as some of you have already mentioned.

Back in the day, there was no such thing as a transgender person. It was unheard of. What makes you think that in 10, 20 years, people won't start identifying as items? Are you going to support that decision as well?

And this is the first time in my life that I heard that consciousness has a gender.

Not true, my second thread from about a year ago.

Dually-Gifted, Dually Respected?
What we understand as transgender (in its many different forms) has been understood quite differently at various periods of time. In the earliest ages, people who were seen to bridge the genders were quite often thought to possess wisdom that traditionally-gendered people did not, and were venerated for this. As civilizations transformed from matrilineal and communal societies into male-driven (patriarchal) societies with rigid class divisions and emphasis on property ownership, those male-driven cultures reduced the status of women... and because they were threatened by a persistent belief that those who blurred gender lines possessed some greater insight, they set out to crush gender-transgressive people most of all. Into the modern age, transfolk resurfaced, but it is a long climb back just to restore any sense of equality.

Read more at www.bilerico.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There may be hope in the future there was a procedure that used radiation on the area of the brain responsible for the faulty wiring causing OCD. The risk of blindness was too bad so it was banned but it had remarkable success in the few patients that underwent the process. This was at a point in my life where I washed my hands hundreds of times a day till they were bloody pulps with dry gaping cracks all over them, needless to say I was desperate for the treatment. This was probably fifteen years ago they should really start looking into this again with the advances in modern medicine, neurology, and science. This "faulty wiring" talk I have been told by doctors is just best guess and a way to define it. But there is scientific proof in CT scans of the brain that show a major change in someone who overcame their OCD and no longer had it. Of course the area of gender dsyphoria would be located elsewhere they seem similar in the essence they are both neurological issues and both coined as faulty wiring.

edit on 18-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Back in the day, there was no such thing as a transgender person. It was unheard of.

You're wrong.

The name is new, but not the disorder. Science and awareness evolve the understanding of many things that have always existed, but were not fully recognized.

Charley Parkhurst: www.sptddog.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think I'd want my brain messed with when other methods have evolved quite successfully.

Of course research funding to continue evolving science in this area is limited. Education, awareness, and acceptance helps in that area too.

In much of LGBT depression it's pressure from the outside. Pressure from society. Pressure from ignorance. Pressure from unacceptable. Pressure from religious based laws.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal I am about as liberal they come, but this is retarded. No one truly knows their sexual identity until they reach puberty. Parents who emasculate their male children should be in prison.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
a reply to: seasonal I am about as liberal they come, but this is retarded. No one truly knows their sexual identity until they reach puberty. Parents who emasculate their male children should be in prison.

Sexual identity and gender identity is not the same thing. Sexual identity has to do with the physical body. Gender identity is in the mind. Most times they match. Occasionally they don't.

Parents who let their children with gender dysphoria dress according to their identified gender are usually doing that under the recommendation of healthcare professionals. You can accuse all the health care professionals who have studied this for years and years of being retarded if you want to, but.....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

That's wrong. Do some research.

And it's not sexual identity.

It's Gender Identity. Which children usually begin recognizing around age 3.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Stopped caring about Nation Geographic 30 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Parents who let their children with gender dysphoria dress according to their identified gender are usually doing that under the recommendation of healthcare professionals. You can accuse all the health care professionals who have studied this for years and years of being retarded if you want to, but.....

It's amazing how many people's ignorant opinions supersede many decades of scientific research.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No child should be allowed to transition. I am not sure if someone posted this, but here is a video response to this from a trans youtuber named Blaire White. She actually came onto my podcast and allowed me to pick her brain and ask the tough questions surrounding the trans topic.

Check it out:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Blaire White is Blaire White.

She tends to be very opinionated and critical of anyone (transgender) that doesn't fit her rather narrow concept of what is acceptable.

She certainly does not represent all young transgenders.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Good post, I agree.

What are your thoughts on children transitioning? I am personally against it.

What are your thoughts about disclosing your condition when dating? MTV pushes that trans people should NEVER have to disclose it under any circumstances, and I think it is highly dangerous, for the reasons you mentioned above. If a trans person fails to disclose ahead of time, it could lead to a horrible situation that could have been avoided.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join