It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Annee

oh snap Annee how will you win over minds?

Not this time.

But, the ignorance in this thread is astounding.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ten bucks says this kid goes "bi" when they hit puberty and start to identify with their hormones.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Did you know you could be bi and transgender at the same time?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
National Geographic has gone way down in quality over the years. It's more of a tourism rag with way too many advertisements. To me, this issue just proves how lame they have become. Personally I'd rather see naked pigmys eating an elephant, but that is my preference, perhaps I need some label to identify with to get along on this screwed up planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Does that mean you get 2 Nat Geo covers?

Did you know you could be bi and transgender at the same time?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At 9 I wanted to be a velociraptor, I always felt that I was one, all the way down to the predatory instincts.

Today I've discovered this desire is still alive within me. Hopefully, science will make this a reality for me soon as well, and then when it's done I can emerge to the sound of the Jurrasic Park theme in all my raptor glory.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So do you think that they 9 year old's whims are being entertained? Because part of me understands what you are saying. "Tom Boys" are as old as boys having all the "cool" toys and fun.
Some girls are geared to traditionally male-boy activities and occupations, but are still very much women/girls.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: kaylaluv

and what societies would those be? keeping in mind the difference between 'societies' and 'demographics' within said societies because I've traveled and am yet to find any society 100% onboard with this notion, however certain demographics within those same societies do indeed support the notion.

Is this what you meant?, if so, I agree.

No society in it's entirety is 100% on board with any one particular notion and it can not factually be said otherwise. There will always be rebels, dissenters, conspiracy theorists or whatever what have you. You always seem to approach this subject with an intellectual manner and I respect that. I sense disagreement of it as "a movement" but no malice or nastiness about it towards the individual.

This next part isn't really for you but for those that like to throw out the term "identity politics". My identity or existence if you will is not just some political talking point. I'm a human being and someones child just like everyone else, I bleed the same blood and breathe the same air as anyone else.

Trans issues however have become a talking point lately and that's because we are tired of being murdered and harassed just for trying to live our lives like any other decent citizen. Islan Nettles was brutally murdered across the street from a police station in NY city just for striking a conversation with an insecure punk. Originally this young man was let go with NO CHARGES, he cited that he had been "tricked/confused" and felt scared so he brutally beat an inferior opponent to death.

It wasn't until advocates and family members of the victim protested and pitched all kinds of a fit that the proper attention was finally brought to this case. Since that time the young man has been sentenced to 12 years but hey on the bright side he will still young enough to enjoy time with family before he dies. Islan Nettles family will not get to see her before their time here has extinguished. Incidents like this one and the many other's like it are why the Trans movement has gained momentum recently. We are tired of being treated like this so it is a matter of survival for us to stand up and give voice to our fears. It's akin to screaming bloody murder as an assailant tries to rape you in a parking lot, you scream so that maybe someone will hear you and come to your rescue. We are alone in the parking lot screaming for help because we are tired of being stomped on and treated like pariah's.

Hate, misunderstand, and condemn us all you want just please stop murdering us for trying to exist. Stop discriminating on us for employment, housing or even in some cases our patronage in your business. If you are an EMT please do not hesitate to work on me if I need you but you are confused by and scared of me. Family members please don't disown your own flesh and blood for being Trans because them being them offends your sensibilities. All of these things happen everyday in the world and it hurts and sometimes destroy's our lives. Live and let live so that we all may unite against the real monsters of this world and make it a better place.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
Hate to break it to the whole world, but everyone gets teased, beat up, pushed around. Just because a person is trans, doesn't mean they are getting more or less of their share of bullying.
Short people get teased, tall people, birthmark on your arm? More teasing-pushing-bullying.
When ever a person stands out, especially from middle school to young adulthood, the teasing and harassment can be vicious.
The best way to stop teasing/bullying is a well place punch in the nose. Hopefully a bunch of blood flows. That for sure stops it.

Trans issues however have become a talking point lately and that's because we are tired of being murdered and harassed just for trying to live our lives like any other decent citizen.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Hate to break it to the whole world, but everyone gets teased, beat up, pushed around. Just because a person is trans, doesn't mean they are getting more or less of their share of bullying.
Short people get teased, tall people, birthmark on your arm? More teasing-pushing-bullying.
When ever a person stands out, especially from middle school to young adulthood, the teasing and harassment can be vicious.
The best way to stop teasing/bullying is a well place punch in the nose. Hopefully a bunch of blood flows. That for sure stops it.

Trans issues however have become a talking point lately and that's because we are tired of being murdered and harassed just for trying to live our lives like any other decent citizen.

Ok you totally missed the point, I can clearly see that. Your preaching to the choir as far as defending yourself goes, I defend myself with extreme prejudice. I'm usually pretty chill, low key and minding my own business right up until the point someone identifies themselves as a legitimate threat to my well being.

To address your attempt to belittle my previous post let me say this...when A person can be brutally murdered and the assailant walks away uncharged because the establishment acknowledges his fear based on insecurity and confusion as legitimate enough as to justify taking a life well then my friend we have a problem. That is why we are speaking up and calling for awareness so that by virtue of exposure maybe just maybe some people will learn to treat and view us as just any other human being. We are just asking for the most basic human compassion and dignity.

It should not be taught that it is ok to taunt and ridicule us, that kind of encouragement and behavior often leads to the death of an innocent person. Sure you can dislike us but don't go running around manifesting that into the world. You wouldn't walk around dropping N*bombs or calling mentally challenged people "tards". It is now considered bad taste to drive by a gay couple and scream "fags". So why can we not ask for that same basic level of compassion and dignity that any given demographic should be shown? Do we not have a right to ask to be treated like human beings?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is my thoughts and feelings about this thread topic...worldeventsandthebible.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Here is my thoughts and feelings about this thread topic...worldeventsandthebible.com...

You make it sound as if the only opinion you have is that which "The Bible" tells you to have. If that is truly the case then "The Establishment" has already won your heart and mind hook line and sinker and all it took was one really really old book. Run along and be a good Christian now, get married, have children, finance a home and most importantly don't forget to pay your taxes. May I ask you what is it that makes you so sure of your stance that your perceived version of "God" is anymore real than the idea of a "Flying spaghetti monster"? Why should the rest of us have to have that religious doctrine and hoodoo voodoo shoved down our non believing throats? That's what you say about us right? That we are forcing ourselves upon you and all your holiness. Why is it ok for you and yours to get up on a soapbox with your bullhorn and preach to those who do not wish to be preached to? You say faith in your God makes him real and I say faith in my gender identity makes it real...so who is right and who is wrong and most importantly why?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

My thoughts and feelings about this thread topic is the same as
the article's,this is an abomination!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

So do you think that they 9 year old's whims are being entertained? Because part of me understands what you are saying. "Tom Boys" are as old as boys having all the "cool" toys and fun.
Some girls are geared to traditionally male-boy activities and occupations, but are still very much women/girls.

Well, they have a youtube channel.. So I do have to question the motives here. Cataloging for posterity? Or trying to cash in on youtube fame.

I think that there are boys and girls.
I believe gender dysphoria is a thing, but I don't think going under the knife is the "cure".
I also believe there are a lot of "Transtrenders", as an internet friend with GD would say.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

can't you religious people just go back to finding the pizzagate people? I think I heard there was a new lead or something on reddit
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sources please. And it is thought not to beat up and kill PEOPLE. Not just the ones you pick. All people deserve the same security and freedom from fear. But this is an imperfect world. So everyone must deal with the sociopaths an psychopaths that are out there. And no rule is going to stop them.

To address your attempt to belittle my previous post let me say this...when A person can be brutally murdered and the assailant walks away uncharged because the establishment acknowledges his fear based on insecurity and confusion as legitimate enough as to justify taking a life well then my friend we have a problem. That is why we are speaking up and calling for awareness so that by virtue of exposure maybe just maybe some people will learn to treat and view us as just any other human being. We are just asking for the most basic human compassion and dignity.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thank you for helping to make my point. You call me an abomination and you will get a pass because "the bible says it's ok" yet if I were to call you by another word that begins with A then I would be the bad guy and have my post removed. So it's ok for you to insult and put me down because...well religion says so but if I fire back I'm wrong.

I don't know about you but I find being called an abomination offensive and insulting. I know plenty of people that would tell you that I am nothing of the sort. Child molesters are abominations yet they run freely with sanction and protection amidst the Catholic churches of the world. Hey keep on hating and putting me down because well ya know your "good book" tells you it's ok oh wait except for the parts quoting Jesus. Pretty sure he said to love, forgive and show compassion for all and going around calling people insulting things is not very kind, not at all.
edit on 17-12-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sources please. And it is thought not to beat up and kill PEOPLE. Not just the ones you pick. All people deserve the same security and freedom from fear. But this is an imperfect world. So everyone must deal with the sociopaths an psychopaths that are out there. And no rule is going to stop them.

Yes but we are targeted and victimized at a disproportionate rate, therein lies the problem and need for awareness. I'm not going to do your research for you, I am already hip to statistics being as how they pertain directly to me. If you actually cared then you would look into on your own once it has been brought to your attention. Instead though you would rather spend your time here telling me how wrong I am about something I already know to be true.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: seasonal

"You had intercourse with a 17 year old? They can't consent. They aren't old enough to understand. That is rape."

"Oh, you're a 9 year old boy that thinks you are a girl? Let's start the hormone treatments."

It's kind of a catch-22 I guess. Before puberty, they probably have no idea. If you wait until after puberty, they're going to look like a man forever.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"The best part about being a girl is I don't have to pretend to be a boy." Said Avery Jackson is a 9 year old trans activist.

Part of me thinks it is horrible that a small percentage of people are born as a male or female and know they feel the opposite. Truly a difficult situation and they should be able to be who they want to. Yet another part of me wants them to realize they are less important than they think, and if that makes them happy go for it. Don't be so concerned about what I think. I really don't care, and live and let live is so much easier than making a spectacle of yourself to "inform" me.

Avery is a 9 year old trans activist. And National Geographic made "history" because they put Avery one their cover, so they made their own history...

As part of its January 2017 issue exploring our evolving understandings and definitions of gender, National Geographic is featuring nine-year-old transgender rights activist Avery Jackson on its cover—the first time a trans person has made the cover of the magazine.

Avery is a youtube star for putting her transfermation out there for the public. She goes into how she figured out she was a girl in boys body.

Jackson rose to stardom last year when she began documenting her transition with “Avery Chats,” a series of YouTube videos describing how she came to understand her identity at such a young age and eventually came out to her parents as trans.

“When I was born, doctors said I was a boy, but I knew in my heart I was a girl,” Jackson explained in her first video. “So I may have some boy body parts, but that’s not wrong, that is OK.”
fusion.net...

This is so wrong on so many levels. First, the kid is 9. NatGeo is putting a 9 year old front and center in the public eye. Now reactions good or bad, do you think a 9 year old kid has the cognitive skills at this point to handle the "celebrity" this will garner?

2nd, the parents of this 9 year old should be ashamed for letting their child be "exploited" in this manner, though I have a feeling it was they who likely forced the exploitation and encouraged their child to do this. I have a big issue with parents putting their kids in a spotlight such as this with so many unforseen consequences that can come from such.

3rd, while this 9 year old may believe right now that he should be a she, his brain is not at the developmental level to even truly understand the decision being made. Kids this age are learning fractions in school and reading about historical figures of the past and typically still have spelling issues and problems putting feelings into words. Yet here this kid is, being thrust into the world in this manner to deal with it.

Now say the parents die in a car wreck tomorrow. What happens to this kid who was just exposed to the world in this manner without the true coping skills and experience from life to deal with the consequences of decisions made at too early of an age? When this kid goes through puberty and testosterone starts to kick in, then what? Or are hormones going to be started prior to that and if so, what doctor in their ethical mind would do that to a child?

There are sooooooo many things wrong with this it is sickening to me.

If they want to put a transgender on the cover then they should have gone with one that was an adult and had years of experience dealing with this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join