It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for using stun-gun on his 14 year old son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This sounds really bad at first, but I don't feel it is. It seems the man's sons were fighting in the living room. When the man told them to stop they didnt. So, dad went and got his trusty stun-gun out and gave the kid a jolt, ON HIS ARM !!! Next thing you know, Dad is being brought up on FELONY child abuse charges because the kid who got zapped called welfare on him.

WTF?? You cant hit em, you cant slap em, but they dont have to listen? Ive been hit with a stun gun before. It hurts. Not terrible, but it does get your attention. This is everything that is wrong with our society. Let the parents do what they gotta do. 14 year olds are mouthy brats who think they know everything. I can say this as I have one, and at one time, was one myself. Besides, if the cops can do it to grade school kids, whats wrong with dad breaking up a fight with one. Did anyone ever think that if the kid would have done what he was told to, he wouldnt have been shocked?

If I was a lawyer, I'd take this case pro-bono---

Read the story here...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Only mistake the guy made was not using a real gun. That would have got his attention.

People who bring their kids up properly dont need to shoot them because they know right from wrong! I havent been hit, shot, beaten with sticks by my parents but i know what is right and have respect for them.

For a father to have to shoot his son shows that someone had screwed up somewhere along the line.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

For a father to have to shoot his son shows that someone had screwed up somewhere along the line.

Ya, and I'll tell you who screwed up. The courts, school and the rest of society who says you can't hit a kid. It's my kid. I should be able to discipline them. But now a days the kids have "rights". Notice how the cops interviewed him at school, so the parents wouldnt know. HEY COP! hows about gettin the crack dealers off the streets. Thats what you make 30 grand a year to do.

I wish I could track this little bstrds progress in the future. Something tells me, this wont be his last encounter with the law.

Man, the day my kids call the cops on me, they better hope I get 10-20, cuz when I get out...........

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I do not think Child abuse is acceptable. With that said...i think our societies view of what child abuse is is really messed up and i totally agree with what you guys are saying.

I am a 19 year old female and let me tell you if i acted out of line when i was little i got spanked, sometimes i got the belt form my father. Which didn't really hurt evertime it is more the sound that gets your attention. And you know what i am turning out just fine. I haven't done drugs, i get good grades, granted i do have a rebellious streak in me and i am opinonated but there is nothing wrong with that. Now im in college to become a teacher and trust me i want parents to discipline their kids. I think if the government is going to enforce anything they should be looking at child neglect as a serious charge. How many parents do we hear about today that let their kids go do whatever they want, stay out until 3 in the morning and they are only 12-15 years old, are blind to where they are going and who they hang out with?!?! Did you know that when cops were surveyed about the #1 thing they wanted to have improved in society it was BETTER PARENTING!. I don't think kids deserve getting beaten to a bloody pulp but spanking isn't wrong. PLUS doing "time outs" and "no tv" only works for so long. I can guarentee you if when i have children and they had the nerve to tell me to f- off all hell will break loose

Now when i read the the stun gun thing i couldn't help but laugh. I mean, i think that is kind of a crazy punishment and i can see why the courts would want to charge him because it is a weapon. But we also don't know how bad this kid is. Maybe the dad had tried everything else and couldn't take it anymore? but i think the stun gun was a bit extreem...funny, but extreem.

Kind regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks digital. I agree. Granted a stun gun is a bit much, but the point is that if they were allowed to "discipline" them from the get go, we wouldnt be at the stun gun point. Every kid needs a smack once in a while.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Humm the funny thing is a perfect SET of parents could raise a child and have them come out ok without ever resorting to a paddel .
That being said theres no such thing as a perfect set of parents .
Set being a Mom and Dad . I have 6 boys and yes I have paddeled them more then once its to bad im not perfect because it truely is possible to never have to use a paddel.
and its very simple as well but it must start at about when the child is 3 months old to work. The trick is for NO to MEAN NO both parent must aggre on these nos and never ever give in to the child . And if you set a punishment STICK to it to the letter .To manny times in a fit of anger we say your grounded for a month .Of corse this is totaly redickless and we cave after a week knowing we over did it .lol
Ps dont think a new born babby can learn? Well a new born learns something very important to him or her the first week .Can you gess what that is? When I cry mom or dad comes and feeds me picks me up changes me.
Heres the cool part that I managed to do with one of my kids .(but its realy hard to do) By keeping carfull watch on the babby and learning his her sleeping patterens get to the babby right befor the babby starts crying .If you can do this well enough the babby learns he doesent need to cry to get what he needs .The trick is knowing what he wants .Ps now you know why that babby is so quiet .It was because the extra good mom did this even if she dident relize it.
O pss you may think the kids are just naterly quiet ones but thats no nesserly the case as my child is very acctive and noise now at 5 just not a cryer.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Humm the funny thing is a perfect SET of parents could raise a child and have them come out ok without ever resorting to a paddel .
That being said theres no such thing as a perfect set of parents .
Set being a Mom and Dad . I have 6 boys and yes I have paddeled them more then once its to bad im not perfect because it truely is possible to never have to use a paddel.
and its very simple as well but it must start at about when the child is 3 months old to work. The trick is for NO to MEAN NO both parent must aggre on these nos and never ever give in to the child . And if you set a punishment STICK to it to the letter .To manny times in a fit of anger we say your grounded for a month .Of corse this is totaly redickless and we cave after a week knowing we over did it .lol
Ps dont think a new born babby can learn? Well a new born learns something very important to him or her the first week .Can you gess what that is? When I cry mom or dad comes and feeds me picks me up changes me.
Heres the cool part that I managed to do with one of my kids .(but its realy hard to do) By keeping carfull watch on the babby and learning his her sleeping patterens get to the babby right befor the babby starts crying .If you can do this well enough the babby learns he doesent need to cry to get what he needs .The trick is knowing what he wants .Ps now you know why that babby is so quiet .It was because the extra good mom did this even if she dident relize it.
O pss you may think the kids are just naterly quiet ones but thats no nesserly the case as my child is very acctive and noise now at 5 just not a cryer.

6 kids ?!?!?

my hats off to buddy. But your exactly right. It has to start young and it has to be consistant. I have a friend with 4 boys and hes a hard a-s on them. Not abusive, but they take not an ounce of crap from them. Parents are suppose to raise kids, but now a days it seems like they want to be their friend instead. Its easy to cave. Its hard to remain firm.

Good idea on the pavlovian response to your infant as well. I have 2 boys. the oldest is 15 and straight a's. a little attitude here and there, but over all hes a great kid. ( he was mad he had to miss school on a snow day !!!)

The other one though...hes 8. and he aint wrapped to tight. Now these are step kids, but hes gonna be a handfull. He can memorize every code for his video game, but cant spell worth a damn. He can listen to his mom and i talk 3 rooms away while hes in the bathroom, but tell him to get ready for bed, and you might as well be talking to a brick wall. He talks back constantly and throws tantrums to get his way. Mind you, this is ONLY when shes here. WHen its me and him, hes cool as hell. I broke him down the first month his mom and I were together and told him " i wont take this crap. Its my way around here. You WILL listen to me, and if not, kiss your games goodbye and say hello to a 730 bed time." First time I made good on that promise, Ive never had a problem since.

THe problem is when shes here. He knows he doesnt have to listen to me anymore. And if you so much as yell at him he tells on you. She doesnt get mad at me, but shes drained from work allready, and lets face it, most moms are weak to this. He walks right over her. I told her to think of it as him sticking his middle finger in her face. I tried to tell her that this is only gonna get worse. By the times hes 13 he'll be wearing FUBU with his hat sideways sitting on Maury Povich tellin her off.

What that kid needs is a hand right across his mouth. When she/I say "stop it!" and he replys, "what? Im just..." NO !! SLAP !!! right then and there. I didnt ask what you were doing. I told you to cease and desist. But noooooo, thats cruel, says mommie. I say, smack em once or twice, and that problem will stop. Maybe followed up by another, different problem, but we'll deal with that then.

Point? Theres nothing wrong with smacking a kid. They need it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ah, this is a twofold discussion.

1. That's ridiculous. The stun gun caused temporary pain but certainly didn't cause any lasting damage, whereas a good slap to the face will kill off more brain cells than that. The man was justified in what he did and should be named Man of the Year instead of being charged.

2. Kids need to be spanked frequently. I was spanked as a child and it certainly didn't cause any sort of "psychological damage" or any of that leftist humanitarian garbage. Keeping in mind that kids are essentially bad, as was I, a spanking of at least once a week is merited, for all the things they have done without being caught.

Don't take me too seriously.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Glad to see the ATSers still know what real discipline is. I really am starting to realize that people cannot be bound by silly rules that are absolute. Some children and also some adults need a beating every now to keep them in check. The governments stance is that they are the only ones capable, able, and authorized to dole out sanctioned abuse. I think if soveriegn people still had freedom to kick each others butts when they needed it, we wouldn't have as many problems. The problem I see in this idealistic view is that we all decide somewhere along the way that a certain group should handle this and we give them power to handle these things and then forget that it is we the people who actually hold the reigns. Now, those who are supposedly answerable to us are telling us that we cannot discipline our kids to whatever extreme is needed or we cannot assault someone who really deserves it. A few kids really need hard punishment to wake them up before they wind up uneducated, selfish thugs.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the kids of some people here! The guy should rightly be charged AND have his own callous arse stunned a few times. It shows his meathead mentality and that he has no idea how to control a child without violence. He should not be allowed any further contact with his son untill hes had intense anger management.
Its all good n well that kids need disciplin, but if you start to go down that road where you think, stun guns, electrical cord, garden hose and other weapons are ok, you might aswell allow sexual abuse aswell.
If you use violence to control a child, you teach them to do the same. No ifs no buts about it, its fact. This is how child abuse propagates, they "teach" their kids the same way they were "taught" and so on.
If you cant control and disciplin your child without abuse, you dont deserve the child and you are a lousy parent.
Using anything other than your hand, and hitting anywhere other than the arse is Abuse. If this method is not working, you need to re-evaluate your parenting methods. Seek help, DO NOT BECOME A VIOLENT CHILD ABUSER.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
I feel sorry for the kids of some people here! The guy should rightly be charged AND have his own callous arse stunned a few times. It shows his meathead mentality and that he has no idea how to control a child without violence. He should not be allowed any further contact with his son untill hes had intense anger management.
Its all good n well that kids need disciplin, but if you start to go down that road where you think, stun guns, electrical cord, garden hose and other weapons are ok, you might aswell allow sexual abuse aswell.
If you use violence to control a child, you teach them to do the same. No ifs no buts about it, its fact. This is how child abuse propagates, they "teach" their kids the same way they were "taught" and so on.
If you cant control and disciplin your child without abuse, you dont deserve the child and you are a lousy parent.
Using anything other than your hand, and hitting anywhere other than the arse is Abuse. If this method is not working, you need to re-evaluate your parenting methods. Seek help, DO NOT BECOME A VIOLENT CHILD ABUSER.

And you have how many?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I feel sorry for the kids of some people here! The guy should rightly be charged AND have his own callous arse stunned a few times. It shows his meathead mentality and that he has no idea how to control a child without violence.

I empathize with your ideals, but you have not a clue as to how bad some children are, and this story does not share (unfortunately) how terrible this kid might have been. Have you ever been stuck with someone so intolerable and undisciplined that no matter how hard you try to learn them about being civil, they refuse to learn and, instead, just be a complete menace to society? Although it sounds great, love does not always work. This is why the majority of convicts are in prison cells, because they are unteachable. They do not respond to normal learning. They do respond well to something they understand; physical control. Words do not seat well with some people and neither do spankings. Some people need the threat of life to make them perform normally.

I have a step son who behaves the same way. He is untrainable. He will not listen to anything other than what he believes sounds good to him. The only way to teach him is through long suffering, and unfortunately no one with any sense can take any action - less they go to jail. The sad part is, he will cross paths with someone with nothing to lose and perhaps be on the end of a gun or a knife because of his foolish ways. If this happened in 1910 or so, everyone would applaud this guy for keeping his unruly son in line, but today everyone cries that it is abuse.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Agreed... Good thoughts there instar. And before anyone questions my bona fides, I am a great-grandfather and never had to punch, kick, hang, thrash, shoot, fold, spindle, or mutilate any of my children as they grew up. If a steady, gently enforced, discipline is applied even-handedly, and consistently over the period of a child's maturation, you don't have to be a bully, and go to jail for child abuse.

Funny that we make people take driver's license tests, and eye tests before being able to drive. You have to take multiple tests and exams to pass out of high school and college. You have to take drug tests in order tgo be hired for a job. Yet any moron who can't figure out which end of a condom is which can be a Mother or a Father.

You think that perhaps as well as stun gun the kid, we might ought to pull pop's fingernails out by their collective roots?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Stun gun? That's unacceptable. I hope he goes to jail.
Are people getting so lazy these days that they can't even discipline their children just by spanking them a little or splitting wrestling children. What's wrong with wrestling?
Sounds to me that certain parents have some serious mental issues and illusions that their children can be their little perfect pets.
I'm glad this child abuse is being rooted out from society.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

And you have how many?

I have two kids Spliff, is that not enough qualification to express my veiws?

I empathize with your ideals, but you have not a clue as to how bad some children are, and this story does not share (unfortunately) how terrible this kid might have been.

How the hell would you know ?

I am a great-grandfather and never had to punch, kick, hang, thrash, shoot, fold, spindle, or mutilate any of my children as they grew up. If a steady, gently enforced, discipline is applied even-handedly, and consistently over the period of a child's maturation, you don't have to be a bully, and go to jail for child abuse.

Funny that we make people take driver's license tests, and eye tests before being able to drive. You have to take multiple tests and exams to pass out of high school and college. You have to take drug tests in order tgo be hired for a job. Yet any moron who can't figure out which end of a condom is which can be a Mother or a Father.

Very well put mate, thankyou.

Well said too megaquad!

[edit on 073131p://32017 by instar]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I cannot believe most of u dudes and dudets AGREE with this guy.Come on the guy used a stun gun on his kid.It doesnt matter if he's a "brat".Ive seen plenty of brats in my time,but ive NEVER heard of any of their parents passing a huge electric current threw their bodys if they where acting the goat.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Haha This reminds me of my aunt. Her son was being a bastard and reeking havok. She said I'm going to slap you if you dont stop. The kid started freaking out and cursing. The kid picked up the phone and threated to call child services (the mother had not hit the child yet).

He said "If you hit me i'm going to call child services and get you charged", my aunt replied, "Well then you better tell child services to meet you at the hospital". hahaha Its a good laugh.

He didn't call, and was never hit.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Ya, and I'll tell you who screwed up. The courts, school and the rest of society who says you can't hit a kid. It's my kid. I should be able to discipline them.

There is a difference between beating and a spanking! My kids got a spanking when needed......the problem is, those that are going to abuse their kids are going to do it whether the law says they can spank them or not! We have too many kids that run their household with no adult supervision, too many parents with that ridiculous lame, "oh, my kid wouldn't do that" mentality.....you don't know what your kids will do other than the down right evil...I knew my kids wouldn't kill or hurt anyone or thing....but kids do things you wouldn't think they would....that's why they have to be supervised...they don't think like an adult...they are children, and too many of them today just run free with no guidance what so ever! I've heard the silly, "Oh I just love her too much to say no"! It's just amazing to me...as if that is "really" loving the child! Being a parent is hard....if you want your child to grow up and be contributing member to society, a good person, you have to say no sometime and teach them....your not doing the child any favors by letting them do what they want to all the time!
Ok...I'll shut up now....sore spot with me.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree Ladyv, firm, loving and consistant disciplin are needed. This does not include Stunguns, or other abuse. I really do think sometimes that parenting classes should be compulsary, prefrably run by grandparents commitee, not some Gov dept. Some folk really have no idea and go to one extreme or the other.You cant blame the law or the gov for bad parenting, and nobody gets a manual either.
Im sure theres a connection between the loss of extended familys and family values. Once grandparents were considered a valuble source of family wisdom, but now young parents shun the grands except if they want a sitter, they think they can "handle it" better than their parents did.
nuclear familys and single parent familys are missing out on so much.

[edit on 083131p://36018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
14 year olds are mouthy brats who think they know everything.

Now I think thats a wee bit harsh, im 14 and im a goood litle boy..........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join