It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtcGod
They could just live out the rest of their lives in luxury, yet they instead chose public service.

Just like the Clintons, right? Considerably wealthy, yet noble enough to choose public office instead. And it's not like their positions were abused to increase their power, right? So I'm sure we have nothing to worry about with these new billionaires. Power doesn't corrupt, does it?

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Sometimes I think the "powers that be" propped up Trump to push for a civil war. If he angers his own supporters, it is sure to get ugly.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

I could of swore the Clinton's got wealthy via politicks.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

"I can shoot someone and my supporters would still back me!" Trump is right, if it's the right "someone(s)".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Since he "ran his campaign as 'the art of the deal'", then by all things holy you people got played.....

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's the same way with martial law, FEMA camps, and stripping gun rights. A lot of the people who claim to be against those don't have a problem with them if they're aimed at the right "someones".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

originally posted by: AtcGod
They could just live out the rest of their lives in luxury, yet they instead chose public service.

Just like the Clintons, right? Considerably wealthy, yet noble enough to choose public office instead. And it's not like their positions were abused to increase their power, right? So I'm sure we have nothing to worry about with these new billionaires. Power doesn't corrupt, does it?

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Of course Trump played his supporters. Anyone that was willing to look beyond his campaign speeches would see a history of Trump making promises to get support of the public and then fulfilling none of those promises. He basically just threw out everything they thought the Republican voters would love to hear.

To be fair, he is a businessman and it's sadly normal for corporations to lie to get tax breaks and project support. The most common tactic is way overestimating the number of people they will hire. Knowing they can just claim changes in business resulted in fewer hires.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"I can shoot someone and my supporters would still back me!" Trump is right, if it's the right "someone(s)".

And who would be the "right someone[s]"? Is that a threat?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And now we have proof of Trump supporters wanting to suppress political dissenters.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaploink
Of course Trump played his supporters. Anyone that was willing to look beyond his campaign speeches would see a history of Trump making promises to get support of the public and then fulfilling none of those promises. He basically just threw out everything they thought the Republican voters would love to hear.

Yes. I was listening to a talk radio show who's guest speaker produced reality shows. She said for years Trump has been using marketing techniques to "feel out his audience" to decide if he should run for president.

He'd throw out questions or say something controversial - - then gauge the response. He's been planning and perfecting this technique in his bid for president for at least 30+ years.

Trump sooooooooooo played his supporters.

Donald Trump's decades-long obsession with being president

In October 1980, in his first major interview on network TV, Donald Trump sat on a couch in his Fifth Avenue apartment discussing the tough decisions he had made as a builder. Then the 34-year-old abruptly turned the casual interview into something more controversial: a lecture on the lack of leadership in the U.S. theweek.com...

To be fair, he is a businessman and it's sadly normal for corporations to lie to get tax breaks and project support. The most common tactic is way overestimating the number of people they will hire. Knowing they can just claim changes in business resulted in fewer hires.

But, does this work as a government world leader on the international stage?

I don't think the average person (or anyone for that matter) that is not in High Level International Politics - - - has a clue what goes on.

Its taken decades (if not centuries) to reach a delicate level of balance we now have on a global scale.

Trump's a Pre-schooler,.

edit on 16-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Just to add my two cents here so people are not further deceived. SSI has been stripped to the bone and is barely hanging on. This happened long before the start of this election. Just like Bush pulled out the collapsing financial market and the ACA and dumped it into Obama's lap just before he left office, Obama is dumping a failing SSI and Medicare system along with the failed ACA into Trump's lap.

Our government is corrupt and went rogue years ago. It is playing us like the gullible folk that we are. We are still fighting between ourselves over a false narrative. Using the numbers of eligible voters offered by Huffington Post. Clinton got 48% of the votes and Trump got 47%. But 46.3% of the eligible voters did not vote. That means that Clinton got 22.224% of the votes and Trump got 21.761% of the votes.

Is it possible that 21.761% of the American people could be diehard Trump supporters? It is possible, but most Trump supporters admit that they don't like Trump, but they voted for him because they hated Hillary more.

So there is only a small percentage of the small percentage that really expect Trump to be the greatest President of all time. The rest just voted for him to stop Hillary from continuing the existent downward spiral of America at the hands of our government.

I was one of the 9.715% that didn't vote for Hillary or Trump, but I do not feel that makes me exempt from the sorry state of our government. The election is over but our responsibilities in fixing this mess has just begun. We don't have the time or the resources to sit around and fight about the 22% on both sides that we think has failed or betrayed us. We need to be working with the 78% that rejected both sides, to try to rebuild and to regain control of our crumbling system.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

So there is only a small percentage of the small percentage that really expect Trump to be the greatest President of all time. The rest just voted for him to stop Hillary from continuing the existent downward spiral of America at the hands of our government.

Just a question.

Are there stats on that?

And those who voted against Hillary - - - what do they really know about her? I mean factually know?

What they think they know is what FOX and the Right has pushed.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Trump's a Pre-schooler,.

That is a riot!

So the mighty dnc backed with the full support of the msm ran a campaign for she who brings light and hope to the entire world and was beaten by a pre-schooler?

I think that is the most awesome thing I will hear today.

trump to dnc....go get your shinebox

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Trump's a Pre-schooler,.

That is a riot!

So the mighty dnc backed with the full support of the msm ran a campaign for she who brings light and hope to the entire world and was beaten by a pre-schooler?

I think that is the most awesome thing I will hear today.

trump to dnc....go get your shinebox

When it comes to Global/International politics - - he IS a pre-schooler.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Has nothing to do with the DNC - - which stayed on political message.

Has to do with people who chose a person who used marketing techniques on them.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The entire establishment has been playing EVERYONE since 1786---its not the rulers fault because the majority are so blindly obedient and continue to play the game. I laugh at that phrase "We are a nation of laws" No......no you aren't

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Since he "ran his campaign as 'the art of the deal'", then by all things holy you people got played.....

You people got played by the media. It's one thing to be convinced with negotiation tactics, it's another to be duped by propaganda.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

The entire establishment has been playing EVERYONE since 1786---its not the rulers fault because the majority are so blindly obedient and continue to play the game. I laugh at that phrase "We are a nation of laws" No......no you aren't

Deflection, deflection, deflection.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with the DNC - - which stayed on political message.

oh really

tell that to bernie supporters
the message is no matter what she who brings hope to the hopeless will be our nominee no matter what

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: AlbanArthur

You people got played by the media. It's one thing to be convinced with negotiation tactics, it's another to be duped by propaganda.

So, Trump rally's - - - in real life - - - had nothing to do with it.

You ever read Trump's actual transcripts - - - from the speeches he gave his supporters?

His actual words in transcript make him sound like a 5 year old (and that's generous).

Yet, his supporters (in real life - - not media) ate it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join