It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Then there are the ones on Social Security and/or Medicare who still voted to give the Republicans full control of the federal government. Either they completely ignored Paul Ryan's plans to slash those programs or those programs aren't priorities for them. Right along with them are the ones on Obamacare that voted for the same people who've been trying to repeal it since it became law.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Yea yea. I've heard that spiel before. "Nothing to see here folks! Just a liberal conspiracy!" I tuned that broken record out a while back.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Political Correctness became their dominate issue, they couldn't see passed it.
edit on 12/16/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"Did Trump Play His Supporters?" Obviously! One that can´t see it, just doesn´t want to see it.

I tend to agree. The fact is that all candidates try to appeal to the broadest demographic and sort out the details later.
However, Donald Trump was elected with a pretty specific list of expectations, ones that he is starting to back off on. I'm concerned about what happens when it dawns upon a good chunk of his supporters that they have been played. Toss them in with unhappy Democrats, and that's an awful lot of unhappy people.

It's a serious enough issue that I am forgoing my usual Stimpy/popcorn meme. Yes, it's that serious!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I still just love to eat these threads up. Leftists can't see they're the ones being played. This is just brilliant. Please please continue to make up stories like this and continue to be irrelevant and send the Democratic party further into oblivion.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yea. This is something that I've noticed too. Trump doesn't have a lot of cross appeal outside of his one demographic. Once he starts to lose that support when people finally wake up to the con, his popularity will tank faster than Congress'.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea yea. I've heard that spiel before. "Nothing to see here folks! Just a liberal conspiracy!" I tuned that broken record out a while back.

That's funny considering the liberal media are the ones who pushed the fake news issue. If you guys want to use comedy central as a source for fact checking then by all means go right ahead. I will not be partaking in that nonsense though.

link   
Would you have heard any other politician be so open and honest about a thing? I find it very refreshing, because the TRUTH is that anyone running for president to WIN is going to have to play the game and appeal to the masses.....

So what if he said he doesn't care anymore if the election was rigged or not, because he won....why should he care now? He won!!! Haha makes perfect sense to me.....

Also the evil Hillary thing needs to die on the vine.... Why drag it out and give it attention when he can spend his time WAY more productively. He is essentially saying she does not matter anymore and let it go.

In closing, I see all these posts of folks on here trying to find any way whatsoever to vilify Trump when we have a guy that is not scared to be honest with himself and the public, Is rich as all get out yet choses to work for the American people and is hell bent on getting corruption out of Washington.

This guy and his new cabinet members could buy Africa and move there and live as Kings would for the rest of their lives, yet they chose to instead work for America.

I applaud them and so should you!
edit on 16-12-2016 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I still just love to eat these threads up. Leftists can't see they're the ones being played. This is just brilliant. Please please continue to make up stories like this and continue to be irrelevant and send the Democratic party further into oblivion.

Typical Trumpeteer denial post. "Nope! I know you are but what am I! Also, I offer no evidence in support of my childish retort".
edit on 16-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

That's funny considering the liberal media are the ones who pushed the fake news issue. If you guys want to use comedy central as a source for fact checking then by all means go right ahead. I will not be partaking in that nonsense though.

Says the guy who has posted in 2/3rds of the thread's pages so far.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

"This guy and his new cabinet members could buy Africa and move there and live as Kings would for the rest of their lives, yet they chose to instead work for America. "

Wow. They traded taking over a whole continent, all by themselves, for the good of America. Lol. Did you think this out.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Says the guy who has posted in 2/3rds of the thread's pages so far.

Oh I see now, you only want liberals in here praising this article instead of others dissecting it. Well I'll bow out so you guys can enjoy your fake news.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No I'm just calling you a hypocrite for talking about something you claim to want no part of. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though. Typical Trumper style.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So the argument hinges on him being reluctant to use a catchphrase he thought sounded "hokey", and when people liked it then he put his heart into how he said it, and now that means it was all a charade? His campaign during & after has been anchored on getting out corruption. I know now that's being spun by the left as if anybody has money or experience that means they're on par with Hillary's DNC CF CTR crony hierarchy, but wow what ultra super mega double double standards those are.

Dude isn't even in office yet, everyone knows he says oddball stuff, so to go and get literal about goofy articulations before anything and spin it as he chumped his supporters, um wow.

His pledge is his first 100 days. He hasn't even had 1 day yet. But the left wants to act as if he's already ad 8 years. And they somehow expect to gain respect from people who aren't left or right but hopped on the Trump Train specifically to end their power strangle hold of oppressive regressive insanity.

edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

he hasn't had one day in office, you're right, AND he's already backtracked on his promises. LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

No I'm just calling you a hypocrite for talking about something you claim to want no part of. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though. Typical Trumper style.

Wow, when did I claim that? I said I won't be partaking in using the source as a fact checker, but go ahead and put your own spin on what I say just like the source does with what Trump says.

Typical Trumper style

Did you make that up all by yourself or did you go with someone else's idea? Here's a trophy for trying.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

HAHA Africa, tropical island, whatever.... My point is simply that he and his "rich" cabinet have no financial reason for taking office, unlike most politicians that can be bought...

Feel me bra??

They could just live out the rest of their lives in luxury, yet they instead chose public service.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

I suppose you could believe that. I believe they don't feel safe anywhere else.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Right, because as Obama taught US, success should be demonized.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

Trump is a master negotiator. Negotiations involve bluffs, threats, and the asking price is generally higher than the bid price. He basically ran his campaign like the art of the deal, and did so brilliantly. That might be a little too Machiavellian for some.

The problem with the Trump detractors, besides their horrible abilities of prediction, is that when they assume the lowest motives of someone, they also believe they have found the correct motives. This is the common thread of smugness among people like Noah and it's incredibly dangerous, and it's especially ugly on people who have gotten everything wrong up until now.
edit on 16-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join