It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

First sign of losing an argument.......

You never made an argument. You asked a question and I answered.

First sign of not knowing what an argument is.....
edit on 16-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I hope you enjoy your plutocracy.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

It used to be that if you did not like another person's opinion or way of expressing themselves you did not pay attention to them or associate with them. Now there is a tendency to confront them and attempt to shame them for their "wrong" opinions.

LOL When was this supposedly non-confrontational time period? Or are you referring to how the majority would simply made laws to forcibly segregate unwanted demographics from themselves? They did it with the various Native American tribes & nations who were forced onto reservations. They did it during the nearly 100 years of forced racial segregation against African Americans through the Jim Crow laws. They did it to the "suspicious" Japanese American population during WW2. And LGBT citizens were suppressed through violence and intimidation, while there were even "No Irish allowed" policies to keep Irish immigrants stigmatized.

Or are you referring to the good ole "non-confrontational" days when politicians including President Jackson literally held duels, when domestic violence wasn't even a crime, when the KKK was considered a legit organization, and when we had posters like the following:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If you're a blue collar worker - - - EVOLVE.

Wow that is freedom at work there isnt it.

but from the you didnt build that people I expect no less

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Annee

If you're a blue collar worker - - - EVOLVE.

Wow that is freedom at work there isnt it.

but from the you didnt build that people I expect no less

I am a Progressive. Pretty much, Progress or die.

I'm talking about myself and my own family too.

How many species of animals have completely died off?

UN Environment Programme: 200 Species Extinct Every Day, Unlike Anything Since Dinosaurs Disappeared 65 Million Years Ago: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Human's are the scourge of this planet. They have the intelligence to save it or destroy it.

I'm waiting for someone to tell me how LEFT I am again

edit on 16-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

Donald Trump almost mocking his supporters in a pretty arrogant fashion.

Well, there are some people who like to play the role of the dominant. And there are some people who enjoy playing along with the dominant. Nonetheless, it should have no place in politics or governing.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: tigertatzen

trying to get people to see what is happening right in front of their faces is an exercise in futility.

I don't disagree with your comment at all, but I'm curious as to exactly what you believe is actually happening, like as in the end goal.

Domination. There are a number of different things that are currently brewing that could facilitate that. I can't isolate one because I believe that more than one of those are accomplishing something toward that end goal, simultaneously. Like key parts in a machine. I also believe that whatever they're cooking up, it is in tandem with other countries...more than one nation, conspiring together for a common goal.

I believe that something is going to occur that will give them reason to lock this country down. I believe it will be sooner rather than later, judging by the pace at which they're currently flinging crisis after crisis and drama after drama out there. They don't want anyone to know it's coming...so they bombard the nation with fear mongering and outrage, one drama after the other, to keep people confused and conflicted. If you go back to the beginning and look at all of the major reported incidents that occurred (and still are) with a discerning eye, you can see a pattern.

It's like a carousel...race/gender/police brutality/guns/outrageous Hillary drama/outrageous Trump drama/Muslim"terror" attacks...rinse and repeat. All quickly tidied up and forgotten about once the purpose was served...be it fear or outrage or whatever reaction they wanted to evoke at the time. And now we've got this "take news" idiocy to further the division, confusion, hate and chaos. They know that all the slavering drama addicts will gulp that crap down without even tasting it...this is clearly proven right here on this site, every day.

Here's some food for thought, regarding the subject of people being played: How devastating would it be to the Trump acolytes if they suddenly realized that the wall they all ardently cheered for was meant to serve as their prison gate? That he was mocking them as they remained starstruck and oblivious to it and adamantly agreed that a giant wall would be a splendid idea? That's like being conned into digging your own grave so someone can shove you into it.

Something is going to occur...or maybe multiple somethings...that will be so upsetting that everyone will be begging for a hero to make it all better. And when they think they've gotten one...whomever it may turn out to be...the punchline to the joke will be revealed. Whether it's the fat oompa loompa or Hillary, or even someone totally different, is superfluous...they're all working toward the same goal.

As always, I hope I am wrong. But I don't think so. Everything I see unfolding only makes me more certain that my intuition is accurate. Not that it matters much...no one would believe me anyway. I can't stop it either, obviously, but I at least want to know what is coming, so I can meet it head on with my eyes open.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Swills

Of course he played his supporters, look at them in this thread IGNORING Trumps own quotes and attacking the Daily Show. How can you not play them when it's so easy?

This election has redefined the definition of "gullible" for me.

It is far more than just gullibility here, from my perspective. It's downright creepy, to be honest, how so many of these people almost seem to be worshipping this joker. It's like some central switch was flipped and activated their Stepford software or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I gave people the benefit of the doubt before the election. But everything since then has been a major wake up call for me.

You are not alone in that. I found out that so many people whom I had respected and thought highly of before this are not really who I thought they were at all. Even people in my own family. That has been the most disturbing aspect of all this for me. Who the hell are these people? And how could I not have seen that ugliness all this time? I haven't lost complete faith in humanity, but it has been sorely tested for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I gave people the benefit of the doubt before the election. But everything since then has been a major wake up call for me.

You are not alone in that. I found out that so many people whom I had respected and thought highly of before this are not really who I thought they were at all. Even people in my own family. That has been the most disturbing aspect of all this for me. Who the hell are these people? And how could I not have seen that ugliness all this time? I haven't lost complete faith in humanity, but it has been sorely tested for sure.

How is that their fault and not yours? You would condemn your own family because of politics?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: tigertatzen

How is that their fault and not yours? You would condemn your own family because of politics?

Quite the contrary. It is they who have condemned me and two other members of our family for disagreeing with them. And I have never voted, nor have I discussed politics with any of them...friends or my family members. I think it is safe to say that a family member telling me to never speak to them again and calling me a stupid bitch certainly falls under the category of "their fault" and not mine.

Interesting that you would just make a negative assumption like that about me, though. So quick to blame me without any details whatsoever. Particularly when I never said anything about condemning anyone, family or otherwise. I simply said that these people are not who I thought they were, and they're not.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I apologize for assuming. I saw the fat oompa-loompa remarks, and given your proclivity for name calling and other base insults, assumed it was you doing the alienating for political reasons.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You sound naive. Civil wars literally include family members fighting each other. Family feuds literally involve family members fighting each other. Domestic violence, infidelity in marriage, spousal murders, and most child abuse cases literally involve family members hurting and betraying each other. Deadbeat parents literally involve family members who abandon their own offspring. Runaways and disowned children literally involve family members who abandon their families or are rejected by their families.

You act as if family members can't be enemies, rivals, or have explosive disagreements. In theory, family should stick together. But in practice, humankind has never really followed that. Or to be more exact, family units are still filled with individuals who have their own potentially conflicting wants and needs. And history rarely includes examples where humans are willing to consistently put aside their individual priorities for the "good of the collective". And since collectivism is shunned here in favor of "rugged individualism", it shouldn't surprise you that individuals are willing to cut ties with the individuals who they have sharp disagreements with.

I don't mind miniscule political differences like what sales tax rate our State should have or who you voted for. But if you proudly or aggressively support the very people who fight my top priorities, you'd be a fool to think I'd embrace you, "family" or not. Why would you expect a practicing Muslim to keep a close friendship with someone who literally wants to send my family to internment camps? If Green Party members proudly wanted to implement "Stop and Frisk" policies in all white communities that fit our secret "profiles", would you still embrace a distant cousin who bragged about its potential effects against you?

I've consistently seen gun rights activists say "you'll take my guns from my cold dead fingers". I guess you think that doesn't apply if the police or govt agents are blood relatives to the gun owners?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You sound naive. We're speaking of politics, not domestic abuse and the abandonment of offspring. It is a dire mistake to conflate politics to violence. If you hate people because of their political persuasion, even in the passive-aggressive way you propose, you are engaging in bigotry.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The worse part for me are the ones who taunt and brag about the upcoming minority-targeting policies, then tell me "Don't worry bro, you're different from the others". WTF?! They seem to think that's a compliment but it's a _____ing slap in the face. It's like they're telling me "Your other friends, parents, siblings, nieces & nephews, extended family, and neighbors are our targets, but we'll spare you buddy". What kind of man would accept that?

And that's especially true for the ones who know my other loved ones that fit those targeted profiles yet are still ok with those policies. Like how can someone eat at my house, joke with my other loved ones, and then tell me they don't give a crap that we're going to get targeted by the govt even though we've broken no laws?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And this is why I stopped watching the daily show, now it's 100% biased, old news, and over ever since Jon Stewart retired. Now they desperately cling on to this year's election for the slightest bit of ratings they may be able to squeak out.

Sorry folks, Trevor Noah isn't funny enough to deliver political banter like Stewart could.

I understand you don'y like the announcer, but the substance is intended to be what Trump said to his supporters.
I mean do you or any other Trump supporters care that he is talking and behaving this way now?

I mean it seems like he really just pretended the entire campaign as these were some of the most important and firm things he campaigned upon.

I tend to think Trump just latched on to what Fox News viewers hear and believe and used it to get them fired up. If my candidate did that, in such an open way I would be really pissed.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Blah blah blah. What the hell do you think family members argue and fight over in the first place? Why do you think so many people try to make politics and religion off limits in discussions? Like I said, you're naive. Theory and reality are 2 completely different things.

And LOL at the thought that politics and violence don't mix. What do you think being "tough on crime" is all about? What you think anti-terror laws are about? Or politically approved and funded wars are all about? Even police are given a literal license to kill by politicians. Even domestic violence is a political issue because it and rape weren't even crimes for a long time here. They faced tremendous backlashes for becoming laws in many areas and rape still is a touchy political subject.

But I guess none of those things exist in your fantasy world.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

Well i watched the video... "trump truth"?

More like an example of leftist fake news!

Most of the clips from trump were examples of trumps sense of humor! They took trump calling the speaker "fine wine" and conspired that to Trump wanting to lock him in a dungeon?

When clips are so feeble and lack substance it takes a SJW Cuck of a presenter to humorlessly try and add some sort of lackluster opinion to these short, out of context clips.

well most people would call it satire. But again, the show is not the point, the clips of Donald Trump basically clowning his supporters is the point. I mean the energy behind it was very dismissive and mocking, I feel embarrassed just watching it...
Someone told me maybe they are not even capable of understanding that he is making fun of them, but it is hard for me to believe all his supporters are, for lack of a better word, retarded. Surely some of the Trump supporters here on ATS can recognize that he is demeaning the people in his audience. I just wonder if that is why people like him, because he is smarter than his supporters, or that he is sly enough for playing them all? I know people who really look up to crooked people, or thug people and maybe that is the appeal.

I for one would be pissed if my guy got up on stage and rubbed my nose in it. I guess I am trying to understand, is the substance more important or is keeping up appearances more important?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

Posts a video of the daily show...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief. You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

Belief has nothing to do with it. He's not president yet and he has already backtracked on many of the promises.

You may not like the Daily Show, but watch the video and listen to what Trump is saying. He knows you were all duped and you will still defend him regardless.

That's the definition of stupidity.

Asking Trump supporters to base their opinion on what the Daily Caller reports is equivalent to asking a Hillary supporter to base their opinion on what Alex Jones reports. Let's face reality and just agree it wont happen.

Quoted for truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join