It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: introvert

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief. You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

Belief has nothing to do with it. He's not president yet and he has already backtracked on many of the promises.

You may not like the Daily Show, but watch the video and listen to what Trump is saying. He knows you were all duped and you will still defend him regardless.

That's the definition of stupidity.

Asking Trump supporters to base their opinion on what the Daily Caller reports is equivalent to asking a Hillary supporter to base their opinion on what Alex Jones reports. Let's face reality and just agree it wont happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

It's beyond obvious to me for a LONG time that Trump was playing the old "bait and switch" con on his supporters, but don't tell them that. That is just a liberal conspiracy. Not common sense or anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief. You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

You can see by his picks already where we are headed
A repeat of the last 30 years with more Crony Capitalists leading the way

The ones in his cabinet got there by purchasing politicians and not their own success

The only difference is he installed a speed lane to corruption by removing the middle man and just putting the crooks directly in charge instead of having to go through lobbyists or lawyers.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Of course he played his supporters, look at them in this thread IGNORING Trumps own quotes and attacking the Daily Show. How can you not play them when it's so easy?

This election has redefined the definition of "gullible" for me.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's beyond obvious to me for a LONG time that Trump was playing the old "bait and switch" con on his supporters, but don't tell them that. That is just a liberal conspiracy. Not common sense or anything.

Let me guess the other side of the aisle has done nothing but fair unbiased reporting right? Maybe the liberal media or liberal satire sites, like The Daily Caller, can take a poll and determine if they report the news more accurately than conservative media. Then they can tell us the poll was non-partisan as well.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Belief has nothing to do with it. He's not president yet and he has already backtracked on many of the promises.

You may not like the Daily Show, but watch the video and listen to what Trump is saying. He knows you were all duped and you will still defend him regardless.

That's the definition of stupidity.

Asking Trump supporters to base their opinion on what the Daily Caller reports is equivalent to asking a Hillary supporter to base their opinion on what Alex Jones reports. Let's face reality and just agree it wont happen.

I'm not asking them to base their opinion on what any media outlet is reporting. Listen to what Trump says!

He is saying it outright and telling them that he used them.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Let me guess the other side of the aisle has done nothing but fair unbiased reporting right? Maybe the liberal media or liberal satire sites, like The Daily Caller, can take a poll and determine if they report the news more accurately than conservative media. Then they can tell us the poll was non-partisan as well.

Not sure what this has to do with it being obvious that Trump was pulling a con on his supporters. Looks like a poor attempt to distract from my point to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Of course he played his supporters, look at them in this thread IGNORING Trumps own quotes and attacking the Daily Show. How can you not play them when it's so easy?

This election has redefined the definition of "gullible" for me.

Not for me. Now I'm just assuming people lied about what they really wanted pre-election. The fact that so many of them aggressively defend his post-election flip flops shows me that this is what they really want.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I guess I just gave people more benefit of the doubt before. I'm not going to lie, my reality has been shaken and I've had to adjust my perceptions of human reasoning down a few notches because of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

like obama played his supporters with promises of change and still lies except with a smile still on his face.

drone strikes
proxy wars
obamacare
divided nation
curroption
china and russia hate us
syria
premature iraq withdrawl
arming isis and Syrian rebels

and i voted for him twice so he makes trump look like an amature

link   

I guess I just gave people more benefit of the doubt before. I'm not going to lie, my reality has been shaken and I've had to adjust my perceptions of human reasoning down a few notches because of it.

Perhaps it's less about perception and more about personal morality and honesty?

link   

Not sure what this has to do with it being obvious that Trump was pulling a con on his supporters. Looks like a poor attempt to distract from my point to me.

No this is just another attempt of liberal media trying to con Trump supporters. The problem is we don't pay attention to your satire news you are taking as facts. The video is 2-5 second clips of him taken out of context, then narrated by the host with his own spin on it. Just like always. I'll just start linking Alex Jones to point out facts since that's the level of credibility the left has resorted to as of late with their satire news.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I gave people the benefit of the doubt before the election. But everything since then has been a major wake up call for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No this is just another attempt of liberal media trying to con Trump supporters. The problem is we don't pay attention to your satire news you are taking as facts. The video is 2-5 second clips of him taken out of context, then narrated by the host with his own spin on it. Just like always. I'll just start linking Alex Jones to point out facts since that's the level of credibility the left has resorted to as of late with their satire news.

You can hear Trump's own words in the video! There is nothing being taken out of context.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You can hear Trump's own words in the video! There is nothing being taken out of context.

I watched the video and added my click to their website. You can tell a bold lie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. He was taken out of context throughout the video.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Most of them are getting exactly what they wanted or maybe needed is a better word. They needed a bossman to tell them it was okay to be a rude asshole. Never mind the non existent laws that they felt prevented them from doing so as well as the fact that no laws have changed as of yet, suddenly it's okay to say Merry Christmas again and to be a white male again... all because one of their own wasn't "in charge". They are sheep.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Trump could name Hillary as his top advisor and his followers would still applaud him.
It's called damage control.
We have all been there.
It's like when you are driving home from holidays and decide to take a shortcut, despite what your nagging wife told you, and arrive home 10 hours later than you were supposed to driving the usual route.
Sure, miracles happen and Trump could be the Messiah but he has set the bar too high during the elections so he can only be a disappointment.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I watched the video and added my click to their website. You can tell a bold lie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. He was taken out of context throughout the video.

Ok. Please provide the context of this comment he made:

Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, the I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true.

Played them like a boss...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"Did Trump Play His Supporters?"

Obvisiously!

One that can´t see it, just doesn´t want to see it. Or has an IQ level that is lower than 80.
His supporters just can´t accept the reality and admit that they got fooled. It´s the same behaviour little children show if you tell them that Santa Clause isn´t real. You can see that childish behaviour of the rightwingers in every thread here. If it is fake news, it´s fake leftist news and very, very bad. But if is their fake news, supporting their view of things, than it´s not fake news anymore. If you present them facts, sources against their view, they simply will say:
Fake News.

They can´t highlight often enough that "they" won(not mentioning that Trump used them, for HIS win). Like somebody that needs to kick someones face while he is lying KO on the ground.

Let them have their party for a while, thinking that they are the majority and Trump is their saviour. Even the most blinded and remote controlled Trump supporters will have to come down to earth again, after the feudal rule of the renewed military-industrial complex, comprising of billionaires and generals, hit their life outside of their "social" media echo chamber.

The only question is:

Will the assassin of Trump be an "evil" leftist, or a disappointed and because of that even more "concerned, enraged and left-behind" formerly Trump supporter? If he will nor crash with his plane or have an "heart attack" before January the 20.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Ok. Please provide the context of this comment he made:

Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, the I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true.

Played them like a boss...

Quick question, do you even know what he meant by draining the swamp? If you looked up what he meant by it, then you would realize he has already taken steps to implement "draining the swamp". Based on the context you just provided, all it seems to me is he doesn't like using the term "drain the swamp" because of its informality. So to me it seems you are playing yourself "like a boss".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join