It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

His actual words in transcript make him sound like a 5 year old (and that's generous).

The hope and light of the world, she who would be the first vag holding potus, she who smashed the glass ceiling was defeated by a 5 year old?
Guess the whole incompetent assessment from Comey was actually true. She cant even hold her own with a small child good thing for the planet she did not win!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Just to add my two cents here so people are not further deceived. SSI has been stripped to the bone and is barely hanging on. This happened long before the start of this election. Just like Bush pulled out the collapsing financial market and the ACA and dumped it into Obama's lap just before he left office, Obama is dumping a failing SSI and Medicare system along with the failed ACA into Trump's lap.

Let's suppose that Social Security and Medicare were really failing. How can you put that on President Obama instead of on Congress? Congress are the ones who write the laws. Besides, those programs can be improved without gutting them, such as increasing the minimum amount of income that is taxed by SSI & forcing Congress to repay the money that keeps getting diverted from Social Security's surpluses.

As for the rest of your post, I agree that we should all be working together to regain control of our system. The problem is that not enough of us share the same priorities nor ideas for how to "improve" the system in the first place. For example, how do we reconcile the following 2 perspectives on immigration and its effects on the economy:

Perspective A: I approve of immigration & think that the path to citizenship should be made much easier. This would force employers to give fair wages and benefits to those formerly undocumented workers while increasing the pool of taxpayers (so they'd be paying their fair share). It could also cripple the human trafficking business and many elements of the "shadow economy". And as those formerly undocumented workers start receiving fairer wages and benefits, they'll spend more on consumer goods/services which will help the economy.

Perspective B: Some people disapprove of immigration, want to make the path to citizenship harder, and deport various groups of immigrants. They also believe that the amount of desirable jobs would increase with fewer immigrants here, and that social programs would work better as fewer immigrants draw from them.

How do we reconcile those views? My approach aims to eliminate worker exploitation, eliminate human trafficking, and increase the pay of formerly undocumented workers so they can work their way out of poverty & become productive & successful citizens. The second approach assumes there are limited resources in every economy, so the fewer people competing for those resources the better.

There are many other policy issues with such sharply contrasting perspectives that it's nearly impossible to compromise on them, like gun rights and my religion. We can't even agree on simple things like healthcare for all citizens, equal voting rights, or whether we should torture.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So, Trump rally's - - - in real life - - - had nothing to do with it.

You ever read Trump's actual transcripts - - - from the speeches he gave his supporters?

His actual words in transcript make him sound like a 5 year old (and that's generous).

Yet, his supporters (in real life - - not media) ate it up.

His rallies were fantastic. I might have watched them all, and enjoyed every minute of them. Reading a transcript of them would be taking them out of context, and the context was the best part.

I find that direct speech is better than the speeches written by an army of speech writers, consultants and public relations goons. Eating up something any corporate PR firm could write is mediocre at best, conformist at worst.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am not sure which stats you are looking for but if you Google voter stats for 2016 election or "over 90 million eligible voters didn't vote in 2016 election", you will find all the numbers.

As far as why 78% of the eligible voters did not vote for Hillary; I can't speak for them, but I think the sheer number of non-voters says a lot. Just as it says a lot about Trump. It says that they did not want Trump or Hillary as President and that Trump won by default.

I think we should be paying more attention to the 78% than to the 22% on either side. I don't think our problems lie in who is pro Hillary or pro Trump. Our problems lie within a corrupt government that 78% of the American people have no trust and have no faith in. With numbers that great it is likely that we can start making the changes we need to make to regain control of our government. If we stop fighting each other.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: superbanjo

It's beyond obvious to me for a LONG time that Trump was playing the old "bait and switch" con on his supporters, but don't tell them that. That is just a liberal conspiracy. Not common sense or anything.

Let me guess the other side of the aisle has done nothing but fair unbiased reporting right? Maybe the liberal media or liberal satire sites, like The Daily Caller, can take a poll and determine if they report the news more accurately than conservative media. Then they can tell us the poll was non-partisan as well.

Not sure what this has to do with it being obvious that Trump was pulling a con on his supporters. Looks like a poor attempt to distract from my point to me.

No this is just another attempt of liberal media trying to con Trump supporters. The problem is we don't pay attention to your satire news you are taking as facts. The video is 2-5 second clips of him taken out of context, then narrated by the host with his own spin on it. Just like always. I'll just start linking Alex Jones to point out facts since that's the level of credibility the left has resorted to as of late with their satire news.

You can hear Trump's own words in the video! There is nothing being taken out of context.

I watched the video and added my click to their website. You can tell a bold lie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. He was taken out of context throughout the video.

Ok. Please provide the context of this comment he made:

Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, the I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true.

Played them like a boss...

Quick question, do you even know what he meant by draining the swamp? If you looked up what he meant by it, then you would realize he has already taken steps to implement "draining the swamp". Based on the context you just provided, all it seems to me is he doesn't like using the term "drain the swamp" because of its informality. So to me it seems you are playing yourself "like a boss".

Listen to what he said again. He admits its "kooky" and ran with it because people liked it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Since he "ran his campaign as 'the art of the deal'", then by all things holy you people got played.....

You people got played by the media. It's one thing to be convinced with negotiation tactics, it's another to be duped by propaganda.

At least we didn't get duped by a marketing ploy.

Enjoy your new plutocracy.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I hate to say it but I think you're wasting your time. You're arguing against this:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The hope and light of the world, she who would be the first vag holding potus, she who smashed the glass ceiling was defeated by a 5 year old?
Guess the whole incompetent assessment from Comey was actually true. She cant even hold her own with a small child good thing for the planet she did not win!

Actually says more about Trumpsters than anything else.

You got duped by a preschool vocabulary.

edit on 12/16/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Plutocracy? He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. Must be that propaganda spilling over.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So, Trump rally's - - - in real life - - - had nothing to do with it.

You ever read Trump's actual transcripts - - - from the speeches he gave his supporters?

Yet, his supporters (in real life - - not media) ate it up.

His rallies were fantastic. I might have watched them all, and enjoyed every minute of them. Reading a transcript of them would be taking them out of context, and the context was the best part.

I find that direct speech is better than the speeches written by an army of speech writers, consultants and public relations goons. Eating up something any corporate PR firm could write is mediocre at best, conformist at worst.

You do realize that transcript is his direct wording and not a "speech writer" correct?

If so, your post is rediculous.
edit on 12/16/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Plutocracy? He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. Must be that propaganda spilling over.

Look up the word then compare to his picks.....

Doesn't take a genius.

Or does it?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Look up the word then compare to his picks.....

Doesn't take a genius.

Or does it?

Look up how the word was used in the past. Doesn't take a fascist... or does it?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
I think we have to start with the basics. I have been promoting for years that we need to clean the corruption out of our government. We can start with removing all the career politicians and building a government that is working for the people not against them.

All Americans are not going to agree on every issue, but with the government we have now, it doesn't make any difference what the American people want, because our government is run by big business, corporations, big banks and the MIC.

We need to start by cleaning house and building a strong government foundation. We should be able to see from the fiasco of an election that they are playing all of us. I am not willing to believe that the candidates that they presented, were the best that America has to offer. They sold us on, out of a million and one brands of soft drinks, the only choices we had was Pepsi or Coke.

We have to stop listening to our leaders and we need to demand that they start listening to us.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You do realize that transcript is his direct wording and not a "speech writer" correct?

Yes.

Do people have trouble spelling "ridiculous" around here? Maybe you need a speech writer.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
good luck to those 47 million people living below the poverty line, because "make America great again" doesn't include you "losers"....you're all fired.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

good luck to those 47 million people living below the poverty line, because "make America great again" doesn't include you "losers"....you're all fired.

I'm wondering what part of "all Americans" you cannot grasp. Is it the "all" or the "American" part?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm just going to leave this right here:

a reply to: infolurker

Oh look. Another thread from a conservative telling Democrats/liberals how awful they are because Trump won the election. Gotta fill the ATS daily quota of liberal bashing right? Well in any case, in the name of objective reporting I'm going to post this:
Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Trump in the popular vote rises to 2.8 million
The Democrats aren't as unpopular as conservatives like to pretend they are.

Remember, it's only OK if you are making fun of the right.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes.

Do people have trouble spelling "ridiculous" around here? Maybe you need a speech writer.

First sign of losing an argument.......

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Making America Great Again - - - is very negative to me.

Its like going backwards. I'm a forward moving Progressive.

If I were to focus on America - - I would focus on agriculture. What does America have? Natural land mass for crops.

Manufacturing is no longer realistic IMO. I think its stupid to even think about bringing manufacturing back when its economically not realistic.

If you're a blue collar worker - - - EVOLVE.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Most of them are getting exactly what they wanted or maybe needed is a better word. They needed a bossman to tell them it was okay to be a rude asshole. Never mind the non existent laws that they felt prevented them from doing so as well as the fact that no laws have changed as of yet, suddenly it's okay to say Merry Christmas again and to be a white male again... all because one of their own wasn't "in charge". They are sheep.

It has always been okay to be, in your words, a "rude asshole." That is the great thing about America. It also has always been okay to say Merry Christmas and to be a white male, the reason these things appear new is because there has been more social pressure coming from "official channels."

It used to be that if you did not like another person's opinion or way of expressing themselves you did not pay attention to them or associate with them. Now there is a tendency to confront them and attempt to shame them for their "wrong" opinions.

This subtle pushing is a key reason why Progressivism is such a damaging ideology, it is impatient and attempts to force long term goals of traditional liberalism to be realized immediately while (at best) ignoring or (at worst) attempting to demonize the objections of those who aren't ready for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join