It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: UKTruth
Who cares what Maddow thinks?
The reality is that Trump is taking office on the 20th January and Maddow can deal with it or keep crying every day on air. Someone should tell her she should probably do the former.

This is not about what she thinks.

She interprets a set of poll numbers and spews out her thoughts on air (classic example of fake news)

She thinks that believing California voting included illegals is somehow detached form reality.

She thinks that because Trump fans have a lower favourability for Obama that they are detached from reality.

At the same time she decides to exclude the vast variance of non-Trump voters vs. Trump voters in terms of favourability for Trump - all she has done is show an obvious divide, not a detachment of reality.

She showcases how 39% of Trump supporters think the stock market has gone down but does not compare it to all voters. many people do not follow the stock market. I would suggest it is her who is detached from reality. In the real world many people just don't know, including Democrats.

Her 'very clear' picture of the unemployment rate is not clear at all. The rate pushed as propaganda is very different to the real health of the workforce.

Apparently she thinks it's not reality that Soros pays for protests.

Because Trump supporters don't think Trump needs to release his tax returns, they are detached from reality? I'd suggest, that given it's completely irrelevant, they are very much in reality and moving forward. Maddow thinks the 'beltway common wisdom' is reality. She actually says this... worth repeating that her 'reality' is the 'beltway common wisdom'. Enough said. That is exactly why the Democrats lost but they still don't seem to be learning.

The poll does not show what she 'thinks' at all.

Let me just add this here. It is Rachel Maddow's historical contribution to the moment history was made by a non politician or ex serviceman winning the presidency for the first time against all the odds. This is her reality and it is the moment also where she lost credibility for the rest of her life - where an MSM outlet can be so hopelessly biased and lack any self awareness (MSNBC prime time ratings dropped a massive 38% since the election as people switch of fake news)

She is welcome to this reality of hers and anyone who wants to join that reality is welcome to it too.

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: underwerks
Of course Trump supporters live in an alternate universe. I've watched them handed the bricks to build the narrative we're seeing right now for the last year.

You'd think there'd be a Trump supporter somewhere who's had a psychology of marketing class, who isn't blind to how they're being played and taken advantage of.

Finally!

A left who is honest!

If we don't agree with you, we're retarded!

Brava!

You mean the same thing the right does ? Anyone who disagrees is either a "SJW", snowflake, libtard,muslim etc.

Another one!

I'm so glad to see everyone coming together and agreeing that if you don't march lockstep to the leftists, then you're retarded!

That is not true. The over generalizations are still coming. No one has used the word 'retarded' other than you and another pro trump poster.

Yet you hosted a thread about if you don't think like "us" then you ain't right.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

No, it was not an epic fail. If you don't like her, fine. That isn't the issue. Putting 'epic fail' and my name in bold does not make it so.

You are correct, my bolding did not create your fail....your choice of subject matter and delivery made it so.

No, the subject matter is fine.How you choose to debate it could use work.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Of course Trump supporters live in an alternate universe. I've watched them handed the bricks to build the narrative we're seeing right now for the last year.

You'd think there'd be a Trump supporter somewhere who's had a psychology of marketing class, who isn't blind to how they're being played and taken advantage of.

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

You mean the same thing the right does ? Anyone who disagrees is either a "SJW", snowflake, libtard,muslim etc.

Another one!

I'm so glad to see everyone coming together and agreeing that if you don't march lockstep to the leftists, then you're retarded!

That is not true. The over generalizations are still coming. No one has used the word 'retarded' other than you and another pro trump poster.

Yet you hosted a thread about if you don't think like "us" then you ain't right.

No, I did not. You must re-read the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

So now its just SOME trump voters are misinformed? Because it seems like the whole point of your thread is to paint Trump voters as delusional, misinformed, idiots.

The poll results are shown as percentages.
When it comes to actual verifiable facts and data
Republicans have a higher percentage of reality based understanding than do Trump voters.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

You've nailed exactly what Maddow was doing - telling people who don't think the way she wants them to that they are detached from reality. I don;t think she has adjusted to reality, in truth. The fake news she has been peddling is now out in the open. She needs a new card trick.

(post by StudColt removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just another Trump voter hate thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

No, it was not an epic fail. If you don't like her, fine. That isn't the issue. Putting 'epic fail' and my name in bold does not make it so.

You are correct, my bolding did not create your fail....your choice of subject matter and delivery made it so.

No, the subject matter is fine.How you choose to debate it could use work.

You write an OP about a crazy nut job calling Trump supporters delusional and then say I have a problem with debate! Hahaha, you just keep right on listening to Rachel Maddow. You are going to have a rough 4 years.
edit on 12/13/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

No, I did not. You must re-read the OP.

Look, I'll give it to you, it was a nice attempt at insulting everyone who doesn't think like you.

But chin up, try again!

You can be the, "Little Engine that Could!"

I look forward to your next insulting thread!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

Says the bunny who posted the thread about what the "moron from the left" said in public.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Playing stupid is fairly standard procedure when they're called on their own lack of tolerance and civility--the very things they claim to be champions of.
edit on 12/13/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

Says the bunny who posted the thread about what the "moron from the left" said in public.

Yeah.

Still going to defend what she said?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: DBCowboy

Playing stupid is fairly standard procedure when they're called on their own lack of tolerance and civility--the very things they claim to be champions of.

I think it's just passive-aggressive ways to dig and insult.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

Yeah.

Still going to claim it's only the left who posts threads about if you don't think like "us" then you are a moron?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hold a coin in my hand and tell my friend that there is a head on it...
I toss it to him and he looks at it and says I am wrong, there's a building on it...
who's is wrong???

I think a similar thing is occurring here...
to say that the stock market has doubled and just leave it at that fails to take into consideration just how many times the big players (plunge protection team) has to step in and save the markets from collapse.
and to say the unemployment has decreases leaves out the fact that more and more jobs a crap, near minimum wage jobs, which overall doesn't do much good if the taxpayer is being left to supplement the wages that are earned.

maddow is wrong in one respect, trump didn't create this alternate view of reality, he just exploited it to his benefit. the failure to acknowledge the existence of the other side of the coin has been going on for over a decade. heck, maybe if the left just ups and decides not to acknowledge the trump presidency and act like hillary won, we can find ourselves "raptured" from those we don't see eye to eye with and be free to create the hell of our own choosing....
but, make no mistake about it, it will be a hell, regardless of it being left, or right.. we need both sides to find a better way, just like you need both sides of that coin to exchange it for food.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Finally!

A left who is honest!

Brava!

Another one!

Yeah.

Still going to claim it's only the left who posts threads about if you don't think like "us" then you are a moron?

Yeah.

I only point out what morons have actually said.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think it's just passive-aggressive ways to dig and insult.

That too. The OP knows full well Maddow's intentions.

In her case, however, I think the OP's hypocrisy actually bothers her a little. She's one of the few who are smart enough to realize it, and sometimes you can almost watch her change her mind mid-thread, although she can't admit it to anyone outright.

But maybe I live in an alternate reality and it's all in my head.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am still trying to understand how the notion that a 90% disapproval rating of Obama by Trump voters constitutes that they somehow live in an alternate reality.

Sounds to me like a bunch of people who didn't like Obama's last 8 years decided to vote for something different this year.

Of course, someone will say you are a secret closet racist if you disapprove of Obama, regardless of your reasoning.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm going to go color now and maybe drool a bit.

(It'll make the leftists feel better)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join