It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
**********PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT**********
Cut out the personal insults and jibes .
Please show you can debate without the above nonsense.

As usuaL Do not reply to this post.

ATS staff.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: underwerks

What I'm talking about is control and propaganda. Plain and simple. These aren't abstract concepts that take years to fully understand. They're taught at every major university to anyone who signs up to learn them.

Retarded and uneducated?

Just uneducated. And by that I don't mean dumb either. I mean someone who hasn't taken a day or two to learn these techniques and how they're used by people in power.

Knowledge of their techniques is the only thing that will save any of us from state sponsored brain damage. But Hillary! But Trump! But I hate the left so much I don't care I'm being used!

Over and over again. Until you're taxed to death and living on the governments titty regardless of your political party.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: reldra

No, it was not an epic fail. If you don't like her, fine. That isn't the issue. Putting 'epic fail' and my name in bold does not make it so.

You are correct, my bolding did not create your fail....your choice of subject matter and delivery made it so.

No, the subject matter is fine.How you choose to debate it could use work.

You write an OP about a crazy nut job calling Trump supporters delusional and then say I have a problem with debate! Hahaha, you just keep right on listening to Rachel Maddow. You are going to have a rough 4 years.

I hear MSNBC's ratings are tanking (along with CNN's), whilst FOX gets stronger. MSNBC has actually fallen by 40%!
www.newsmax.com...

Someone has to keep listening to them I suppose. It will be the die hards living in their own fantasy world who will tune in to grumble every night.
edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Who cares what Maddow thinks?
The reality is that Trump is taking office on the 20th January and Maddow can deal with it or keep crying every day on air. Someone should tell her she should probably do the former.

This is not about what she thinks.

She interprets a set of poll numbers and spews out her thoughts on air (classic example of fake news)

She thinks that believing California voting included illegals is somehow detached form reality.

She thinks that because Trump fans have a lower favourability for Obama that they are detached from reality.

At the same time she decides to exclude the vast variance of non-Trump voters vs. Trump voters in terms of favourability for Trump - all she has done is show an obvious divide, not a detachment of reality.

She showcases how 39% of Trump supporters think the stock market has gone down but does not compare it to all voters. many people do not follow the stock market. I would suggest it is her who is detached from reality. In the real world many people just don't know, including Democrats.

Her 'very clear' picture of the unemployment rate is not clear at all. The rate pushed as propaganda is very different to the real health of the workforce.

Apparently she thinks it's not reality that Soros pays for protests.

Because Trump supporters don't think Trump needs to release his tax returns, they are detached from reality? I'd suggest, that given it's completely irrelevant, they are very much in reality and moving forward. Maddow thinks the 'beltway common wisdom' is reality. She actually says this... worth repeating that her 'reality' is the 'beltway common wisdom'. Enough said. That is exactly why the Democrats lost but they still don't seem to be learning.

The poll does not show what she 'thinks' at all.

She compares the numbers to the country as a whole.

Yes, thinking that millions of illegals voted would be off.

Also, the poll shows Trump voters think California should not be included in the popular vote past or future.

The poll shows trump voters believe the stock market went down under Obama when it went up.

I have given the link to the Bureau of Labor statistics. The myth that 'only people receiving unemployment benefits' are counted as unemployed is disproven. The number might be slightly higher than their calculated 4.6, but not much higher.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here's what I have to say to that:

Look, I'll give it to you, it was a nice attempt at insulting everyone who doesn't think like you.

But chin up, try again!

You can be the, "Little Engine that Could!"

I look forward to your next insulting thread!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: NthOther

I'm going to go color now and maybe drool a bit.

(It'll make the leftists feel better)

Remember to not eat your crayons.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Just uneducated. And by that I don't mean dumb either. I mean someone who hasn't taken a day or two to learn these techniques and how they're used by people in power.

So you don't think that all those "classes on propaganda" are, in themselves, propaganda?

What sociopolitical ideology prevails in said institutions?

I believe those you criticize are smarter than that for which you give them credit.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And further more.....

Maddow says Obama has a 50% approval rating.

Maddow says that of the people who voted for Trump, 90% disapprove of Obama.

Smoke and mirrors... what she is not telling you is this:

Obama has a 50% disapproval rating if he has a 50% approval rating.

The overall vote was pretty much close enough to be a tie.

Looks to me like the people who made up that 50% disapproval rating of Obama showed up in enough numbers in the correct states to make a major difference in the election.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: reldra

This thread is not about that, the poll had nothing to do with the things you mention. Why are responses so far afield of the topic?

Sure it does, Rachel Maddow is trying to shame people into her reality but its not working and a big factor why Hillary lost.

The only facts that dealt with Hillary losing was her suck Factor being at epic levels and far greater than Trumps.

Her loss had nothing todo with voters being misinformed or any other shaming tactics that Alternate Left democrats appear to try to push.

She lost because she Sucked that bad and not because non Hillary supporters were misinformed. There was misinformation and misrepresentation on both sides.

People had enough of Clinton like politicians, apparently Enough so to risk Having Trump in office.

So, you are saying that NO person voted for Trump based on rightwing articles that made up facts. Not one? It was all 'suck factor'? That seems a little difficult to believe.

So now its just SOME trump voters are misinformed? Because it seems like the whole point of your thread is to paint Trump voters as delusional, misinformed, idiots.

Oh course it would be some, or else the poll would show 100% across the board, which it obviously does not.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
And further more.....

Looks to me like the people who made up that 50% disapproval rating of Obama showed up in enough numbers in the correct states to make a major difference in the election.

100 minus 50 is 50. I think we are all well aware. A 50% approval rating is quite good for a president.

Among Trump voters, the number is 5%, that is a startling difference in regard to the overall percentage in the country.

It is not smoke and mirrors, unless simple percentages is some kind of game. It is in black and white.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No she doesn't always compare - in that one stat about favourability she conveniently leaves out the comparison. Fake news.

Obama went on national TV before the election and insinuated it was ok for illegals to vote, so it's no surprise Trump supporters would be suspicious of California. I wouldn't like to guess at the scale but it's being more realistic to assume illegals did vote.

The popular vote question relating to California showed 29% think that - it is not a reflection of Trump voters. Once again no other results were tabulated for comparison. PLUS, the question relates to THIS election and is not a view on whether California should lose their voting rights as Maddow faked for her gullible audience.

Fake news at it's finest from one of the top fake news proponents on TV.

For those that want to read the poll instead of posting Rachel Maddow without the source material, here it is:
www.publicpolicypolling.com...

Your link to the labor statistics shows you don't understand the issue.

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, it was not an epic fail. If you don't like her, fine. That isn't the issue. Putting 'epic fail' and my name in bold does not make it so.

You are correct, my bolding did not create your fail....your choice of subject matter and delivery made it so.

You write an OP about a crazy nut job calling Trump supporters delusional and then say I have a problem with debate! Hahaha, you just keep right on listening to Rachel Maddow. You are going to have a rough 4 years.

I hear MSNBC's ratings are tanking (along with CNN's), whilst FOX gets stronger. MSNBC has actually fallen by 40%!
www.newsmax.com...

Someone has to keep listening to them I suppose. It will be the die hards living in their own fantasy world who will tune in to grumble every night.

MSNBC has always been 'news lite'. The article I used is not from MSNBC. This has been reported in many places.
Look at Fox's demographic, it is, not long for this world.

The newsnax article is sourced from The Hill, which goes by Nielsen ratings.

Nielsen was once the most accurate ratings system to go by. They have devices connected to volunteers TV sets (have you ever known a Nielsen family?) and they now give paper notebooks for people to record what they watch on other devices as many do not watch conventional TV anymore. Of course, FOX would show higher ratings. I don;t even turn my TV on.
edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Together strong.

Divided weak.

Carry on...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
And further more.....

100 minus 50 is 50. I think we are all well aware. A 50% approval rating is quite good for a president.

Among Trump voters, the number is 5%, that is a startling difference in regard to the overall percentage in the country.

It is not smoke and mirrors, unless simple percentages is some kind of game. It is in black and white.

50% approve.....50% disapprove.

More of the 50% that disapproved showed up in crucial states than the 50% that approve. Trump won those states.

That is pretty much the way it went down..... who cares if Trump voters had a 90% disapproval rating of Obama, that means absolutely nothing.

I bet a dollar to a donut if I polled Hillary supporters about their disapproval rating of Trump... I could easily beat 90%.

If I polled Hillary supporters approval ratings of Obama, it would be the opposite of the Trump numbers.

Smoke and mirrors.

edit on R262016-12-13T11:26:29-06:00k2612Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R282016-12-13T11:28:54-06:00k2812Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

MSNBC has always been 'news lite'. The article I used is not from MSNBC. This has been reported in many places.

ratings fell by 40%. Let's call it 'News lighter than before'. Its a joke channel with fake news.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Ok reldra. So the election was essentially split down the middle (with Clinton having a few percentage points higher in the popular vote). This means half the nation voted Trump so half the nation is raving lunatics? Seriously?

In a way you are doing what Hillary did. Rather than go after whatever issues you have with Trump policies.... you are attacking your fellow citizens (many of which may be your friends in real life or on the interwebz).

Quoted for truth..

Excellent post

~meathead

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Together strong.

Divided weak.

Carry on...

Can I second this sentiment?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What demographic is that?

Fox News Channel is the only cable news outlet to increase its viewership since the election of Donald Trump one month ago, and it is currently tripling the viewership of its main competitors, CNN and MSNBC, The Hill reported.

Here are the latest primetime viewership numbers:

Fox News: 2.9 million.
CNN: 960,000.
MSNBC: 959,000.

Fox also wins handily in the key advertising demographic of 25- to 54-year-olds:

Fox News: 1.82 million.
CNN: 765,000.
MSNBC: 559,000.

According to TVNewser, Fox beat its two main competitors throughout the broadcast day, and saw its highest ratings since the 2012 presidential election.

Link.

edit on 13-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So a far left progressive posts a video of a far left progressive explaining that if you don't think the way they do that you are divorced from reality.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is why your ideology lost the election and is continuing to lose favor in America.

I implore you... keep it up!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

ratings fell by 40%. Let's call it 'News lighter than before'. Its a joke channel with fake news.

No, The Onion is a joke channel with fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join