It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomski Called it but it fell on deaf ears.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

However, it's not magic. Sometimes it's just not possible to win and no matter how much you think you're a winner you'll lose. When that happens it can often be destructive for them. That's why you don't want to be connected to them when that happens. Here we have actually attached the most powerful nation on earth and all of our futures to one. Not real smart IMO.

I've seen that part too.

And they really don't understand it.

Its ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: mOjOm

I know what you are saying.Those white males in power are not in the same world as the white males in flyover country.

If we are getting shafted and the white male feels it now, will joe sixpack do something about it?

I think they already have done something... like voted in some
impressive bloc for Trump. There's still the jury box and the other one...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think this is the scariest part too.

Because at the end of the day I can accept the difference in ideology or having people directly opposed to me in what they think politically and all that. It results in some arguing now and then or whatever, maybe a law or two that makes things uncomfortable or something. But that swings both ways and most people just adjust accordingly and wait it out until it swings back the other way.

But what we're looking at now, in my opinion, is basically someone who's Bullsh*tted their way into a very powerful position in a time where real life stability is already shaky and difficult for most people. What we don't need is a risk taker who doesn't or isn't capable of processing the magnitude of what it really required of him.

Sure you need someone with courage and self confidence and success and bla bla bla. But it needs more than that. Much more. Because his risks no longer are just contained within his sphere of business and employees and family. In many ways it's the world as we know it, as everyone knows it. There are already more than enough hot heads out there as leaders doing things that risk us all but now and act in basically unrestricted ways within their own realm. They're held back from chaos by every other power out there. But the US is "THE" power for now at least. We've been causing chaos as well and with almost unlimited influence but still held back because of internal politics, not so much external ones.

But Trump isn't someone who shows any validation toward restraint either external or internal and that might get messy.

At the same time, since we don't know exactly what he's really going to do, I could also be complete wrong and he may shock us all at what he'll accomplish that is positive. That's the shaky part that keeps me from freaking out and finding a cave somewhere. There is a small bit of hope that what I'm seeing is just not what I think it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

I think they already have done something... like voted in some
impressive bloc for Trump. There's still the jury box and the other one...

That's right. They are doing something right now and we're all seeing it. I don't think that has clicked for some people yet. Maybe because the change over is just starting to happen so the results are not there yet so a change isn't yet realized.

But their push toward change has happened, it's had an effect and now we're waiting to see the full results of that effect so many are still continuing to fight the good fight, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh man, I'm sitting on the same fence you are. I hope this is some great mysterious puzzle, and when he completes it, it will somehow make sense and be a winning picture.

But for now, it's perplexing and I can't make myself believe all his appointments are in our best interest.

And I furthermore think he PLAYED Mitt Romney, which goes to show how immature and vindictive he is. That mentality is the last thing we need.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He doesn't have a true ideology or any principles of his own to guide him so he's open to having those positions given to him by someone else

Apparently all you need to do is tell him he is pretty , has big hands, and is a genius. Then you've got him in the bag.
I think Putin figured it out early on. Narcissists, ya know how they are.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I understood what you meant, but the only way Trump thinks that, is if he's bought his own BS. He has a fairly common pattern. He talks up whatever supports him as the best, very nice, great, and so on and if it opposes him it's very bad, poorly run, horrible, etc. He's in pure salesman mode 100% of the time, even when talking about himself... and that makes sense since his name is the brand he derives all his self worth from.

I don't think he knows anything though, and I think he's aware of that because of how quickly his mind changes. That said, nuance and self doubt don't sell. Confidence and being assertive does. That's why he phrases everything the way he does. It's not that he's saying what he honestly thinks (if you want to see that, look at his historical positions, he's a very left wing guy) but rather that he's picked a position and he wants others to go along with it.

It's showmanship.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But Trump isn't someone who shows any validation toward restraint either external or internal and that might get messy.

At the same time, since we don't know exactly what he's really going to do, I could also be complete wrong and he may shock us all at what he'll accomplish that is positive. That's the shaky part that keeps me from freaking out and finding a cave somewhere. There is a small bit of hope that what I'm seeing is just not what I think it is.

My brother is not quite as brazen as Trump. But, it still gives me good insight.

My brother would always be "the guy in charge" - - "the schmoozer" - - just like Trump's "Let me have a personal conversation with _________". He felt if he could just talk to whoever . . . . . .

Then he would delegate.

This worked in the building/contractor trade. I just don't see it as president. There are Bigger Fish then Trump in the World. Smarter, more knowledgeable, especially politically.

He may just get his ass handed to him.

edit on 12-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I definitely agree with you there. He's in salesman mode with everything. He's bullsh*tting his way though this. You're also right in saying he doesn't really knows anything. Which is why he's always seeking validation for the things he either does or is going to do. Like his cabinet picks or other decisions. He bounces the ideas off his crowd in his rallies. He's reading the reactions and using that to see how well it goes over. He wouldn't be doing that if he really had an idea or felt strong in the choice, he'd just say it after it's already done. But since he has no idea what a truly good choice would be he has to feel out the "audience" and judge from their reaction. So depending on the "audience" at hand you'll get various choices.

To him I'm sure the only real requirements are that they are Rich and Successful and Powerful within their arena of influence. Other qualities won't really matter. If they're crooked or cruel to those under them or violent sometimes or just a moral POS won't matter so much or at all. Only are they successful in whatever business they're involved in. So what we see are basically Billionaires and Titans of Industry and International Elite along with influential shady people like Bannon and Ailes. Are they decent people maybe, maybe not. Are they successful however and have influence over others, most certainly.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

He bounces the ideas off his crowd in his rallies. He's reading the reactions and using that to see how well it goes over. He wouldn't be doing that if he really had an idea or felt strong in the choice, he'd just say it after it's already done. But since he has no idea what a truly good choice would be he has to feel out the "audience" and judge from their reaction. So depending on the "audience" at hand you'll get various choices.

I just heard a radio show today on exactly that. Unfortunately, only heard a part of it.

Guest was a former producer of: "Survivor".

She talked about how Trump used marketing techniques - - - years ago - - - in his quest to run for president.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That doesn't surprise me. If you remember what it was I'd love to hear it.

I compare Trump in a way to my Uncle. My Uncle who past away years ago was absolutely loved by many of the people where I'm from. Especially many of the other business guys around here who were also Bullsh*tters themselves. But they were not exactly like my Uncle. Now, that doesn't mean he's a liar or a swindler exactly although they are very closely related. Liars are just liars while Bullsh*tting is like an art form in a way.

For example a story I've always enjoyed is I met another successful business guy years after my uncles death who was good friend with him and at one time did business with him. He told me that he once bought the exact same property from my uncle TWICE. If I remember correctly it turned out to not even be my Uncles property to sell in the first place and after the first time the buyer realized it was also a bad deal. Yet somehow my uncle got him to buy it again.!!

I don't know how you actually manipulate someone into such a thing and neither does the guy who bought it. The best part though is that he laughs about it and still loves my uncle to this day. Says he'd never do business with him again, but absolutely love the man. As did most people. I was always fascinated by him as a child too. I loved to sit and listen to him talk with the other adults in my family. He had the best stories. The funniest jokes. Knew the best magic tricks. Was an legend in being able to talk people into just about anything and even if the deal went bad they'd still love the hell out of him and be friendly to him.

Now, he's not like Trump in other ways, but there is a character thing that is very similar. Some people just have a charisma and talent for dealing with people. I often wish I had it. My uncle had it in spades!!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Some people just have a charisma and talent for dealing with people. I often wish I had it. My uncle had it in spades!!

Yes, they do.

Trying to find the show. No luck yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
DId Chomsky nail it?

My gut tells me he did.

The facts don't yet support that, though.

Not saying we don't discuss it. Just that its important to keep this in mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Except...

The illegal aliens are blacks are not the enemy. Felons and terrorists are.

Whites are not a minority. 'Persecuted' is a strong word, more like 'the easy targets for leftist cultural shaming and ridicule.'

Defend ourselves from what? When has 'honor of the nation' been brought up?

Military force is not being exalted, it is being restored. There is a difference.

The only people being beaten up on a regular basis are Trump supporters and conservatives.

There is no overwhelming force.

So it all sounds good on paper, but it's rhetoric.

Here's the thing: conservatives want to be left alone. We want everyone to prosper. We want government out of our lives. We are political introverts.

The only way we will ever be mobilized into an actual fighting force is when the other guy fires the first shot. In the meantime we're the silent majority and we will treat others as we want to be treated.

It's not political rocket science.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. Also to keep in mind, it's not like I'm saying Chomski predicted Trump. He's not a prophet or anything. He's just a smart guy with his eye on the world stage.

But clearly he saw the possibility of a Far Right Wing lead by a Charismatic Leader who might come to power under the influence of Race Politics, unifying the White Working Middle Class by telling them that he's here for them, understands their problems and that nobody is listening to them but him and he'll fix it all for them.

That is exactly what he saw as a possibility and that is what happened. Didn't have to be Trump and he's not predicting an outcome either. A possible outcome maybe and a likely one.

But I've also heard him talk about Trump specifically and while he speaks about the danger of it, admits he doesn't know what to expect either because the one reliable thing about Trump is he's unpredictable. He's back and forth all the time and has no position so you can't predict anything. You just have to wait for it to happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Not discounting the insight required by Chomsky to take the path he took to reach this conclusion.

But Strauss-Howe did a fairly good job predicting the current environment, too. Well....maybe not our response to it. But the pressures that created our need to respond.

Hillary didn't have a chance. I really believe that. She would have never been sworn in before our nation ripped itself apart.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Except...

The illegal aliens are blacks are not the enemy. Felons and terrorists are.

I agree. However, they (blacks and immigrants) have a very strong case in why they feel things aren't being applied that way.

I'm a white guy myself and won't pretend to be able to argue their side of things so I won't. Nor will I argue the side of some Conservatives in this case either because although I'm white I do understand what they're side is talking about.

It's very complicated and too much for this thread though.

Whites are not a minority. 'Persecuted' is a strong word, more like 'the easy targets for leftist cultural shaming and ridicule.'

Again I agree. But I sure hear a lot of White Males talking about White Genocide, Mixing of Culture being bad for Whites, etc. As well as many Conservative White Christians speaking about Persecution. Quite a few movements about how the White Christian male is Persecuted as well.

So I agree that Whites aren't a Minority at all. But many of them sure do seem to think they are.

Defend ourselves from what? When has 'honor of the nation' been brought up?

What I take it to mean is the complaint about how the White Working Middle Class have been ignored and marginalized by the system and had their futures and influence stolen from them. This is also true, that has happened. But it's been stolen from them by the system of power and the people running it not the minorities. They are also victims of that same power structure. It just got to the White Working Middle Class after everyone else had been victimized by it.

Military force is not being exalted, it is being restored. There is a difference.

We will see soon enough if there really is a difference after all.

The only people being beaten up on a regular basis are Trump supporters and conservatives.

Tell that to the other 99% of us and see if they agree. You have to really be in a bubble to think only Trump supporters and Conservatives are being "beaten up" in today's world.

Here's the thing: conservatives want to be left alone. We want everyone to prosper. We want government out of our lives. We are political introverts.

The only way we will ever be mobilized into an actual fighting force is when the other guy fires the first shot. In the meantime we're the silent majority and we will treat others as we want to be treated.

It's not political rocket science.

Those are all contingent on one's perspective. As well as hinged greatly on who you mean when you say Conservative. If you can make that more clear I'd be happy to explain more.
edit on 12-12-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd like to read what they had to say too.

I'm sure Chomski wasn't the only one who saw this. Others had to of too. Like I said, Chomski isn't a unique prophet or anything. Just a man.

I'm sure some others might even be more exact and verbose in what they predicted as well.

I'm also glad Hillary didn't win!!! I didn't want Trump, but I certainly didn't want Hillary either.
edit on 12-12-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

He also said he would vote for Hillary Clinton.

I GUESS THAT FELL ON DEAF EARS TOO!!!

BOOM, ROASTED!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

He also said he would vote for Hillary Clinton.

I GUESS THAT FELL ON DEAF EARS TOO!!!

BOOM, ROASTED!

While he held his nose.

I hear fine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join