It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomski Called it but it fell on deaf ears.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Something for you all to read:

“The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen. Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy’? There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks. We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority. We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted. People will be beaten up. This could become an overwhelming force. And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away. If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election.”

That was said in April 2010 by Chomski and boy did he nail it. For anyone familiar with Chomski that probably doesn't surprise you that he'd be so accurate in his vision of a possible future.

I know this might not be received well by many who are on here but what's been said here can't exactly be denied. It is what it is. The thing to do now I think is figure out what exactly to do next.

Here's the whole article from the independent.
Link

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yup, he nailed it.

The man is a legend in his own right.

Just imagine all the juicy stuff George Carlin would have to work with right now... hoo boy !

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Except trump isn't honest.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Eerily accurate.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I think there's a difference between being Honest and being Full of Sh*t.

With that I mean that Trump may be Bullsh*tting everyone, but he honestly believes what he's saying.

He is honestly being himself and saying what he really thinks. Whether or not it's actually correct is something different.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That was my interpretation too.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been promoting Noam for over a decade...

Now do you have his thoughts on that idea since after the 'PC Era', where whites are now being persecuting en masse thanks to liberal social engineering?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So when he lies to me, he honestly believes his own lie?

A liar who doesn't bother pretending to be honest is honest for not pretending?

I don't think trump has a religious bone in his body. but he sure fooled the Christian Right. He tempted them with power and they sold out.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Given the DNC are all-in pro-Muslim while being all-in anti-Christian, they'd have voted for a well groomed goat (not the supernatural demonic variety, just a goat) when the clock finally ran down.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I know I've heard him mention it in some of his speeches but I'm not sure if he's elaborated on the subject in depth. I'll keep looking though.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sort of. I'm also not saying he never lies. But his approach is honest.

When he says he has the best brain or best words etc. When he says that he doesn't feel he needs to ask for forgiveness. He's being honest. I don't doubt that he believes that. It doesn't make those statements True. But he is honestly saying them.

That's why he has so many people explaining for him on the things he says all the time. He just talks crazy sh*t but that is honestly what he thinks.

So, even though he might be wrong he is honest and believes he's correct.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It's about half true. But the article you cite rehashes a Chris Hedges article.

This is just as prophetic in the same article:

“I don’t bother writing about Fox News,” Chomsky said. “It is too easy. What I talk about are the liberal intellectuals, the ones who portray themselves and perceive themselves as challenging power, as courageous, as standing up for truth and justice. They are basically the guardians of the faith. They set the limits. They tell us how far we can go. They say, ‘Look how courageous I am.’ But do not go one millimeter beyond that. At least for the educated sectors, they are the most dangerous in supporting power.”

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A communist narrative designed to fit the communist propaganda that has no resemblance to the recent fall of the lefts empire they were trying to build.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

While that quote is fairly accurate I don't know how prophetic it is. He's really just calling it how he sees it and not really predicting anything.

Neither is Chomski predicting the future per se. But he certainly saw the very likely possibility of this happening years ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh boy. Here come the labels and attacks on him rather than what he says. I knew that wouldn't take long.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have this episode of Penn & Teller Bulls### ("College"), where they interview him about campuses becoming "bastions of leftwing groupthink brainwashing" (which the statistic did support), and also about speech codes and first amendment. [It's not on Youtube or I'd post it; an old Showtime show]

About the groupthink he said "I suppose you can find maybe 2% of people on campus that that might be true". His speech code rationalization didn't make him look much better either. Yes, check that: he looked like a total douche.

Now that was from 2005, but as they show the sort of thing that is mainstream now was already going on pretty hardcore. Social media just hadn't hit yet for it to spill out and infect the whole society / world.

But now that it has I would actually love to hear his thoughts. He's getting pretty old now, so I'm not sure how sharp he still is or is not.

I'd prefer to see him come out as a voice of reason on this stuff though, as what I have seen so far it's disappointing.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It sounds like they and other people are very aware they screwed over this "white male" population and now are afraid of retribution.
So why'd they do it? Why did leftist do it? Why destroy culture? why celebrate everyone except the white male? why piss on the world that white males created? Why destroy the jobs?
No one gave them an answer, they were ignored. I think this could be addressed if they were simply given an answer, a rational answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh boy. Here come the labels and attacks on him rather than what he says. I knew that wouldn't take long.

The man hates capitalism. He dresses up his communism a little, but a communist nonetheless.
He is a self described 'intellectual', but seriously, reading that paragraph in the OP gives me the impression he lost his mind some time ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well anti white sentiments are ok so..what a post of course denying it..
edit on 11-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I believe he wouldn't have won without pretending to be something he isn't. Christian.

I don't expect him or anyone to be perfect. But I believe he has an ugly cult of personality going on. Granted, there is an ugly part of human nature. It's gonna come out.

i believe Hillary isn't the person the right wing thinks she is. I say the same about trump.

edit on 022Sunday000000America/ChicagoDec000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join