It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomski Called it but it fell on deaf ears.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nixon was charismatic?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Maybe they see it differently. After all they are mostly White Males themselves and they aren't screwing themselves or pissing on themselves.

The White Male working class is getting shafted along with others who have always been getting the shaft. I think it's a matter of perception.

The White Male working class has always been special until recently where they have now joined the rest of the masses in basically getting screwed by those in power. But clearly those in power are still dominated by White Males to this very day.

I'm sure it's more nuanced than that but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: BlueMule

I think there's a difference between being Honest and being Full of Sh*t.

With that I mean that Trump may be Bullsh*tting everyone, but he honestly believes what he's saying.

He is honestly being himself and saying what he really thinks. Whether or not it's actually correct is something different.

Right On.

If he actually knew what he was doing, he might be even more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I know what you are saying.Those white males in power are not in the same world as the white males in flyover country.

If we are getting shafted and the white male feels it now, will joe sixpack do something about it?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Let's break it down then:

"The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen."
So one would not call Obama charismatic? - or is it only certain charismatic people he is talking about? Basically he started off with a nonsense statement.

Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers.
This is the reasoning of a 2 year old. Every charismatic figure is an obvious crook???? Obviously this guy has serious mental issues.

If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy’?
He made this statement in 2010, 2 years after "Hope and Change" espoused by the charismatic Obama. Did he miss that? Like his opening nonsense, it seems he forgot, or is being selective. Or maybe he has gone senile.

There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks. We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority.
Oh boy, he's off on a Hitler tirade. At this point he's like one of those lunatics in the street with a sandwich board on yelling 'repent, the end is nigh'
As for so called 'nailing it', Trump has never called whites a persecuted minority and he has not attacked blacks. Any liberal can throw in a line about illegal immigrants... in fact they have been for years to defend a policy of importing votes.

We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted.
Sounds like something any Republican would say... now we're getting into his mind a bit. He's a typical, "think like I think, or you are Hitler" kind of guy.

People will be beaten up.
He's right here, but then people are always beaten up. As it happens where he was right is that Trump supporters have been attacked, beaten and insulted by violent mobs from the left

This could become an overwhelming force.
Hopefully the anarchists on the left will wear themselves out.

And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away.
Oh dear, he's slipped into his Hitler tirade again.

If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election.
Ah, I see.. those crazed Republicans

This guy is a lunatic although I can see how his words would be a magnet to people still upset with the election result because it didn't go their way. Broad generalisations that fit a narrative are like a warm blanket on a cold night to them.
edit on 11/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Nixon was charismatic?

No he wasn't really, but Nixon placed this Chomsky character on the govt's enemy list, hence the inclusion by Chomsky in his attacks. He's probably been eaten up by it to the point where he has gone mad - certainly seems like it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
It sounds like they and other people are very aware they screwed over this "white male" population and now are afraid of retribution.

Somebody aggregated the right data, and crunched the numbers on how this demo could be galvanized and used. White rural dudes are the last group that it's considered okay to punch on, because they had it pretty good for a long time. However, looking at the shifting definition of what it means to be white in this country, which used to exclude Irish, Slavs and Italians, and has now been stretched to include Hispanics, it looks like the system has been attempting to preserve white hegemony in the face of ever increasing racial heterogenization by artificially increasing its demographic reach. Weird, right?

Anyway, the upshot is that race and gender divides have been exploited yet again to further class divides. The retribution will be visited upon all groups, and the white males have only backed themselves further into a corner where everyone else can continue to punch them with impunity.

So why'd they do it? Why did leftist do it? Why destroy culture? why celebrate everyone except the white male?

Because it reflects market interests. White men no longer have the majority buying power in America. The market had to diversify, and politicians followed suit as tool of the market.

Why destroy the jobs?

Because automation is cheaper.

No one gave them an answer, they were ignored. I think this could be addressed if they were simply given an answer, a rational answer.

It's rational, but no one says you have to like it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Nixon was charismatic?

No he wasn't really, but Nixon placed this Chomsky character on the govt's enemy list, hence the inclusion by Chomsky in his attacks. He's probably been eaten up by it to the point where he has gone mad - certainly seems like it.

Thats what I thought; I've never heard anyone (but now this guy) accuse Nixon of being charismatic; quite the opposite.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

A communist narrative designed to fit the communist propaganda

A mindless response for mindless drones.

How the hell do you get communism out of an analysis of social and political trends in America?

I don't know if Chomsky is a "communist" or not, but he was absolutely correct. His only mistake was thinking that there is no persecution of white men, other than that he is spot on. America will probably become very similar to Nazi Germany.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Chomsky is a free speech absolutist so I don't know how communist he is.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

A communist narrative designed to fit the communist propaganda

A mindless response for mindless drones.

How the hell do you get communism out of an analysis of social and political trends in America?

I don't know if Chomsky is a "communist" or not, but he was absolutely correct. His only mistake was thinking that there is no persecution of white men, other than that he is spot on. America will probably become very similar to Nazi Germany.

Lol, you started with "A mindless response for mindless drones" and you finished with "America will probably become very similar to Nazi Germany"

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wow, someone was triggered.

Man, you can throw around all your bias and statements about Chomski being a lunatic and using Hitler references all you want. But it's clear he saw the possibility of this happening.

Anyone who calls him a lunatic I can't exactly take seriously either since he's probably one of the best minds alive. Although I'm not sure for how much longer as he's getting pretty old. He's certainly more intelligent than you or I will ever be.

Maybe you find it disturbing because you're one of the Radical Right Wing he's talking about. Someone locked in their own bubble of reality. You seem to think he's a leftist and an Obama fan which isn't correct at all. He's not exactly a Trump hater either but he sees the possibility of problems ahead. He's against the Neo Liberal agenda pushed by Obama and Hillary and speaks against it quite often.

This has nothing to do with anyone upset about the election either. I realize that is just an easy excuse for you to use to make sense of it all but you're wrong in thinking that. Not that you'll listen bubble boy.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I know what you are saying.Those white males in power are not in the same world as the white males in flyover country.

If we are getting shafted and the white male feels it now, will joe sixpack do something about it?

I think what we're seeing is Joe Sixpack doing something about it. However, his focus or target may not be correctly aligned nor has he actually identified the true enemy or how to fix anything. But Joe is angry and looking to remedy the situation that has created his misfortune.

It's difficult for Joe because for a long time he's been kept from the truth of what's really happening and there may not really be any solution that he's capable of actually obtaining. Joe seems to want to go Back to better times. But time doesn't go back, only forward.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Wow, someone was triggered.

Man, you can throw around all your bias and statements about Chomski being a lunatic and using Hitler references all you want. But it's clear he saw the possibility of this happening.

Anyone who calls him a lunatic I can't exactly take seriously either since he's probably one of the best minds alive. Although I'm not sure for how much longer as he's getting pretty old. He's certainly more intelligent than you or I will ever be.

Maybe you find it disturbing because you're one of the Radical Right Wing he's talking about. Someone locked in their own bubble of reality. You seem to think he's a leftist and an Obama fan which isn't correct at all. He's not exactly a Trump hater either but he sees the possibility of problems ahead. He's against the Neo Liberal agenda pushed by Obama and Hillary and speaks against it quite often.

This has nothing to do with anyone upset about the election either. I realize that is just an easy excuse for you to use to make sense of it all but you're wrong in thinking that. Not that you'll listen bubble boy.

To a liberal he is one of the best minds. His own words here make him sound rather dumb, though. Perhaps he was just senile by 2010.

Let's take that first example again of his words.
"Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself".
No sane person could call that anything other than deluded and misguided.

As for so called bias saying he used Hitler scare tactics, what do you think he means when he says:
"There it was the Jews." and "And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away. "
His own words. No bias required to know he is fomenting fear.

Not a single part of what he wrote (possibly when drunk) relates to what has actually happened.
He basically created a scary doomsday scenario using generalisations and scare tactics in the event a Republican was elected.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

He's showing an example of a similar type of Populist Revolution that happened in the past. Germany was struggling and it's people were desperate for a change and to get their power and honor back which led them to the rise of Hitler and Germany becoming a power nation. It worked too. That is exactly what happened.

The problem was that it got out of hand and domination and conquest soon followed. The US has been conquering for a while now too, although not in exactly the same ways as before. That prolonged state of conquest has taken it's toll and we are losing power over places we once had. At home we are struggling too. We are in a similar state as Germany was. Many here are looking for a Powerful leader to get them in power again and give them back the honor which they once felt.

If you can't see that I don't know what to say.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

He's showing an example of a similar type of Populist Revolution that happened in the past. Germany was struggling and it's people were desperate for a change and to get their power and honor back which led them to the rise of Hitler and Germany becoming a power nation. It worked too. That is exactly what happened.

The problem was that it got out of hand and domination and conquest soon followed. The US has been conquering for a while now too, although not in exactly the same ways as before. That prolonged state of conquest has taken it's toll and we are losing power over places we once had. At home we are struggling too. We are in a similar state as Germany was. Many here are looking for a Powerful leader to get them in power again and give them back the honor which they once felt.

If you can't see that I don't know what to say.

We all know what happened in Nazi Germany. To compare it to a charismatic Republican getting nominated is sheer lunacy. The US today has little resemblance to Germany when Hitler got elected.

Some of these labels are really tiring, like 'populist'. What does that even mean? Was Obama a populist? Who is going to get elected if they are not popular or appeal to popular ideas in an electorate. Obama ran an anti establishment campaign too - another definition of 'populism'. Throwing around these terms to insinuate something bad and extrapolate it to Nazism is just so weak. Hardly the mind of a brilliant man.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Chomsky isn't a total nutter.

I CANT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH TO EVERYONE:

www.youtube.com...
Manufacturing Consent - Noam Chomsky and the Media - 1992
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:_Noam_Chomsky_and_the_Media
edit on 11-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Chomsky is the most sober and wise person in this traumatic period

He knew Hillary was no good yet he said that if he were in a swing state he would hold his nose vote for her because Trump is unacceptable on any level.

Here he predicted this awful time to the tee...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
On its own level it can be likened to Nazi Germany, of course not literally in all regard.

But the same psychology of self-deception and hatred and scapegoating is activated: such as during GW Bush when lies and massive self-deception caused the death of millions of Arabs and thousands of young American troops.

What will Trump do?

Likely go after Iran and try to start a war with them.

This is what we have to stop

Privatize and cut SS

Destroy ant semblance of universal health insurance

Ban Muslims

Deport children

WE MUST UNITE TO STOP HIS MADNESS

Trump doesn’t have the Nazi infrastructure Hitler had but he does have something almost as bad

The Republican Party!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
On its own level it can be likened to Nazi Germany, of course not literally in all regard.

But the same psychology of self-deception and hatred and scapegoating is activated: such as during GW Bush when lies and massive self-deception caused the death of millions of Arabs and thousands of young American troops.

What will Trump do?

Likely go after Iran and try to start a war with them.

Privatize and cut SS

Destroy ant semblance of universal health insurance

Ban Muslims

Deport children

WE MUST UNITE TO STOP HIS MADNESS

Trump doesn’t have the Nazi infrastructure Hitler had but he does have something almost as bad

The Republican Party!

More lunacy. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you liken the Republican Party to the Nazi's

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join