It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUMP Tax Plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: UKTruth

Also, tax cuts for richer people is the only model that makes any sense. The goal of any tax plan should not be to give more to the poor, it should be to ..

Take more from the poor! Naturally.

No, just don't reward them for nothing.
The poor are not paying more under the Trump tax plan.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Also, tax cuts for richer people is the only model that makes any sense. The goal of any tax plan should not be to give more to the poor, it should be to ..

For "nothing" because working minimum wage jobs just to keep your head above water is nothing, right?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If I had voted for him I would now be kicking myself in the ass. Now I wonder how many of his fan base are happily saying, good job Don, good job, glad to contribute.

Most of them! Trump was brilliant in the way he created his cult of personality. He has essentially elevated himself to a "religious figure" not bound by the laws and reality of the common man. Cultural Anthropologist are fascinated by his manipulation of the electorate. Text book stuff.

modernmachiavelli.com...

What I find absolutely astonishing is how easy it is to take rational, critical, ordinary people and with the proper techniques, turn them into abject followers of an ideology and they aren't even aware of it.

They said...."it can't happen here" look around you....It is happening.
edit on 11-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

For "nothing" because working minimum wage jobs just to keep your head above water is nothing, right?

They are rewarded for their work by being paid for it. Whether or not that wage is fair is another question and one which I am more on the side of the democrats, but rewarding them further with other people's money through taxes is not the way to go.
If they want more than minimum wage as of today, get a better job. That means hard work and effort to retrain and move up the ladder. If they are willing to do that then they can earn more.
edit on 11/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Interesting so then the tax rate is irrelevant to those making up to 15K/30K a year because of the planned deduction ?

If a person worked a minimum wage job in Texas, there rate is $7.25/hr that is a yearly salary of $15,080.00.
Would they be taxed at 12% on the $80 or the whole $15080.00 ?

you only pay on the percentage of tax tou owe. so yes tax on 80 bucks.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

They are rewarded for their work by being paid for it. Whether or not that wage is fair is another question and one which I am more on the side of the democrats, but rewarding them further with other people's money through taxes is not the way to go.
If they want more than minimum wage as of today, get a better job. That means hard work and effort to retrain and move up the ladder. If they are willing to do that then they can earn more.

Nope. There aren't enough cushy jobs to go around. Believe it or not, the education system here is in serious need of a revamping. The education received by the already lowest class creates more low class workers. Vicious cycle that can't be fixed by "working harder" or "finding a new job".

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: angeldoll

So you will still be paying 35 percent State tax if you live in SC then . ah well.

You are kidding me! That's unreal. My state has 2%, 4% and 5% tax rate. 5% being for the top earners. Good God, man. Y'all need to complain like hell about that. I'll go look at what other states have.

Here is a list of state taxes from highest to lowest. California is listed as highest at 13.5 percent income tax. So, are you sure about the amount you stated?

turbotax.intuit.com...

OOpsie. i was still using my combined rate from both fed and state. lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Just to put things in perspective, inflation in the city I live is up to 4.5%. My job (which pays a decent salary but can't always guarantee hours) hasn't raised my salary in the 3 years I have worked there. I was just informed that they won't be handing out any raises for 2017 either. I'm lucky in that I have a decent degree and am young enough with a fairly decent resume so that if I need to seek a different job option, I can probably do that. Not everyone is as "lucky" as I am. My husband's company just went out of business and he is looking for work- was just offered minimum wage $8.30 an hour in a company that grows food to provide year-round to local restaurants. So he probably won't take the position although we need it in favor of looking for a better opportunity. It's easy to blame the unfortunate for their misfortunes, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
looks like the only people it may hurt is part time dependents.

From Trumps site as well. How inconvenient it was left out.

Tax rates The Trump Plan will collapse the current seven tax brackets to three brackets. The rates and breakpoints are as shown below. Low-income Americans will have an effective income tax rate of 0. The tax brackets are similar to those in the House GOP tax blueprint.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Text book stuff indeed. However I kind of disagree with you when you suggest he was brilliant. I don't think it took much brilliance to 'hook' large swaths of people who were waiting for a messiah figure. While messiah figure might be a touch to much,we can insert the terms, Lone Ranger, Superman, Underdog, Huey Long, US Calvery or any other 'savior' who will ride in and save us.

For the past half century and more, the consuming citizenry of the US has consumed heroes. Be they sports or musical or military. Add to that the penchant for fictional hero worship and it becomes clear that the population has been primed.

Nor do I think that Hitler was so brilliant either. He was just the right demagogue type in the right place at the right time with the right believers. So too with Trump.

The thing about Trump is, he is an out and out capitalist, and while he is completely out of his depth in the classic sense of political power, he is and will continue to turn over the reigns of power to that class, the power brokers of the capitalist system. Not that there is much left that they have not got control of already, but now the myth of unfettered capitalism will reign supreme, until the resources dry up and that last discretionary penny is in the coffers of the rich.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Just to put things in perspective, inflation in the city I live is up to 4.5%. My job (which pays a decent salary but can't always guarantee hours) hasn't raised my salary in the 3 years I have worked there. I was just informed that they won't be handing out any raises for 2017 either. I'm lucky in that I have a decent degree and am young enough with a fairly decent resume so that if I need to seek a different job option, I can probably do that. Not everyone is as "lucky" as I am. My husband's company just went out of business and he is looking for work- was just offered minimum wage $8.30 an hour in a company that grows food to provide year-round to local restaurants. So he probably won't take the position although we need it in favor of looking for a better opportunity. It's easy to blame the unfortunate for their misfortunes, isn't it?

...and you will not get any raises until the dysfunctional system in operation is dismantled.
People who don't have the skills to work are not unfortunate. The unfortunate people are the ones who actually want to work, don't want handouts, but there are no jobs for them.
The current govt have created a mess and it's time to clean it up.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I hope you are not Forgetting our Hope and Change Savior, I am sure we can go back to 2008 and find comments identical to these.
boring

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

...and you will not get any raises until the dysfunctional system in operation is dismantled.
People who don't have the skills to work are not unfortunate. The unfortunate people are the ones who actually want to work, don't want handouts, but there are no jobs for them.
The current govt have created a mess and it's time to clean it up.

Well what is unfortunate, to my family of four, is that the skill my husband was trained in (printing) is a dying skill and that, therefore, positions for said skill are dwindling. Of course, this is nothing to a "stranger" but everything to us.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Then he can re-skill.
Expecting extra handouts from other people is not the way.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

Oh geez. No one said anything about handouts.

Re-skill btw requires both time and money, neither of which we can currently afford. Thanks for nothing though.

btw- as far as handouts go.. how much did Trump pay in taxes last year?

edit on 11-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How about the "no taxation, because we are not represented any more" program.

Our lives are like an oven timer counting down.

Why in the F is my life under ownership by a bunch of non-working fn' leeches?

Here, let me trade my life for paper, so I can't live as well. Why can't I print a pretty paper and call it good too?

What purpose does taking someones money have other than keeping them in debt intentionally?

-especially after going off of a gold standard.

Axe the IRS, illegal income tax, and give us our GD lives back.

Trump not paying, and me paying isn't fn' happening.

-end rant

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

Re-skill btw requires both time and money, neither of which we can currently afford. Thanks for nothing though.

The thread is about the tax plan and comments have been about asking the rich to pay more. Supplementing poorer people's incomes is a handout.
Work harder. Get a second job at night working in McDonalds or something to put some money by. Or a third job at weekends if that's not enough. Downsize the house. Strip back all non essential things and spend a couple of years putting together some money to pay for some training.
There is really nothing stopping anyone from working to achieve more in life, if they want more.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

The thread is about the tax plan and comments have been about asking the rich to pay more. Supplementing poorer people's incomes is a handout.
Work harder. Get a second job at night working in McDonalds or something to put some money by. Or a third job at weekends if that's not enough. Downsize the house. Strip back all non essential things and spend a couple of years putting together some money to pay for some training.
There is really nothing stopping anyone from working to achieve more in life, if they want more.

Tell me when Trump pays his share. Or not. Maybe I'll be working the graveyard shift at McDonald's and won't be here to respond. Blaming the poor for being stuck in poverty is fairly reprehensible if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

Tell me when Trump pays his share. Or not. Maybe I'll be working the graveyard shift at McDonald's and won't be here to respond. Blaming the poor for being stuck in poverty is fairly reprehensible if you ask me.

I'm not blaming the poor, I am saying they don't deserve other people's money to make them not poor.

edit on 11/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

I'm not blaming the poor, I am saying they don't deserve other people's money to make them not poor.

They also don't deserve a billionare president who doesn't pay taxes.

Isn't Trump receiving handouts by benefitting from a well maintained infrastructure, armed forces/security, etc while not paying a cent into the coffer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join