It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUMP Tax Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: zosimov

Then he can re-skill.
Expecting extra handouts from other people is not the way.

Oh geez. No one said anything about handouts.

Re-skill btw requires both time and money, neither of which we can currently afford. Thanks for nothing though.

btw- as far as handouts go.. how much did Trump pay in taxes last year?

The thread is about the tax plan and comments have been about asking the rich to pay more. Supplementing poorer people's incomes is a handout.
Work harder. Get a second job at night working in McDonalds or something to put some money by. Or a third job at weekends if that's not enough. Downsize the house. Strip back all non essential things and spend a couple of years putting together some money to pay for some training.
There is really nothing stopping anyone from working to achieve more in life, if they want more.

Tell me when Trump pays his share. Or not. Maybe I'll be working the graveyard shift at McDonald's and won't be here to respond. Blaming the poor for being stuck in poverty is fairly reprehensible if you ask me.

I'm not blaming the poor, I am saying they don't deserve other people's money to make them not poor.

They also don't deserve a billionare president who doesn't pay taxes.

The poor don't pay the taxes Trump seems to have found a way not to pay either. Why should the poor be concerned with Trump not paying taxes if they don't? Seems a bit hypocritical of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

Re-skill btw requires both time and money, neither of which we can currently afford. Thanks for nothing though.

The thread is about the tax plan and comments have been about asking the rich to pay more. Supplementing poorer people's incomes is a handout.
Work harder. Get a second job at night working in McDonalds or something to put some money by. Or a third job at weekends if that's not enough. Downsize the house. Strip back all non essential things and spend a couple of years putting together some money to pay for some training.
There is really nothing stopping anyone from working to achieve more in life, if they want more.

Tell me when Trump pays his share. Or not. Maybe I'll be working the graveyard shift at McDonald's and won't be here to respond. Blaming the poor for being stuck in poverty is fairly reprehensible if you ask me.

I'm not blaming the poor, I am saying they don't deserve other people's money to make them not poor.

The poor don't pay the taxes Trump seems to have found a way not to pay either. Why should the poor be concerned with Trump not paying taxes if they don't? Seems a bit hypocritical of them.

He is getting handouts (despite his billions) by not paying into the system which supplies him with a maintained infrastructure, etc.

I do pay taxes. (At least I've paid every year up until this one- not sure how it will pan out with the loss of my husbands' job). When it hurts badly to. My aging father pays a lot of his income in taxes. Why shouldn't Trump? I think the "concern" comes due to the fact that our next president is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

But I guess the poor should just stop grumbling and get a second or third job instead. That will solve all their troubles.
edit on 11-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

He is getting handouts (despite his billions) by not paying into the system which supplies him with a maintained infrastructure, etc.

I do pay taxes. (At least I've paid every year up until this one- not sure how it will pan out with the loss of my husbands' job). When it hurts badly to. My aging father pays a lot of his income in taxes. Why shoudn't Trump?

He does pay taxes. Millions of dollars.
I hope your husband gets a job and I genuinely think there is a better chance of that come January 20th.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Then he can re-skill.

I do pay taxes. (At least I've paid every year up until this one- not sure how it will pan out with the loss of my husbands' job). When it hurts badly to. My aging father pays a lot of his income in taxes. Why shoudn't Trump?

He does pay taxes. Millions of dollars.
I hope your husband gets a job and I genuinely think there is a better chance of that come January 20th.

Thank you (sincerely).

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That's all my taxes have ever done.. doesn't matter if democrats or republicans get in.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why should the poor be concerned with Trump not paying taxes if they don't?
Seems a bit hypocritical of them.

The poor pay taxes.

They shop at stores, do they not ?

There's tax at the cash register, is there not ?

They put gas in their cars, do they not ?

There's tax on fuel, is there not ?

They pay utilities, do they not ?

There's tax on utilities, is there not ?

They pay rent, do they not ?

A portion of their rent helps to pay the property owner's land taxes, does it not ?

Or do you actually think property owners don't adjust their rents according to their mortgage/land taxes/and other expenses ?

Nobody escapes the tax man.

Nobody.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Then again, I live in wisconsin, one the highest taxed states in the country. And believe me, being self employed don't help. But I still get to hear how I live in a welfare state because California is so self sufficient..... like everyone that lives there....
edit on 12112016 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Why should the poor be concerned with Trump not paying taxes if they don't?
Seems a bit hypocritical of them.

The poor pay taxes.

They shop at stores, do they not ?

There's tax at the cash register, is there not ?

They put gas in their cars, do they not ?

There's tax on fuel, is there not ?

They pay utilities, do they not ?

There's tax on utilities, is there not ?

They pay rent, do they not ?

A portion of their rent helps to pay the property owner's land taxes, does it not ?

Or do you actually think property owners don't adjust their rents according to their mortgage/land taxes/and other expenses ?

Nobody escapes the tax man.

Nobody.

The thread is about the income tax.
Trump also pays all the taxes you listed.

You make a good point though in that the NET effect of all taxes is what is important.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You make a good point though in that the NET effect of all taxes is what is important.

That's correct.

It doesn't matter where the taxes are coming from, it all ends up in the same pool and gets divvied out to the various state and/or federal expenditures from there.

Everybody is tossing their pennies into the pool in one way, shape, or form.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Nope. He turned his back on many who voted for him by being the shill for corporate America he promised not to be. And we can go back to Bush Jr. if you like and how he opened the doors for corporations like Halliburton to steal from the public coffers. And further back to Clinton who turned the economy over to Silicon Valley. And grandpa Reagan who basically sold us all out to corporate interests and his trickle down nonsense.

Nope I cannot forget. But Trump is a new breed. He is an out and out corporatist and no hiding it like those others before him. But they are past and he is now so lets stop comparing him to those who fooled so many in the past and concentrate on the game he is playing now.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Actually...not everyone does pay taxes. criminals dont in jail do they? people who dont buy anything as well dont pay. NEVER say NEVER or include everyone in everything.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How about you wait n see first huh? Im going to do that myself. he isnt even in office yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If legally avoiding paying federal income taxes for up to 18 years is your idea of legit, I'd be happy to sell you some snake-oil since you appear to be buying.

assets.documentcloud.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Problem is , I see no source
Is this your charts ? or some made up crap ?
I vote the latter
Put up or shut up time

No problem

LINK

I see a How Much.Com chart on a CNBC on an opinion peice
Nothing directly from Trump,though
Raises big alerts as bunk

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

why do you want the rich to pay taxes. they are the ones that employ us. if i run a company and my taxes go down im probably gonna hire more people and/or expand my business. how are you against this?

wtf does the government even do with tax money? they suck. they raise their own wages and squander it. when did people start believing that taxes were this great thing. americanms started a revolution AGAINST taxes. and now you all just throw your money at the government so they can buy weapons to give to foreign armies. seriously ugh..
edit on 11-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

If legally avoiding paying federal income taxes for up to 18 years is your idea of legit, I'd be happy to sell you some snake-oil since you appear to be buying.

Let me see.

Legitimate means:
conforming to the law or to rules.

So do I think "Legally avoiding paying taxes" is 'legit'? Erm, yes.

Keep the snake oil.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Let me see.

Legitimate means:
conforming to the law or to rules

Let's wait and see how you react when they finally make it legal to put you in jail for no reason and take away your freedom of speech.

Pucker up.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

He was able to capitalize on bad business ventures. Hardly anything to be proud about. Also the poor not paying taxes are also doing so legally. So what's the problem here?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Let me see.

Legitimate means:
conforming to the law or to rules

Let's wait and see how you react when they finally make it legal to put you in jail for no reason and take away your freedom of speech.

Pucker up.

I think that danger is likely passed now that the Democrats are leaving office.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Apparently you didn't understand the meaning of the comment.

If you think anything that's declared legal is legitimate, regardless of whether it's justified, you are a moron.

Please notice the conditional "if" in the previous paragraph. This isn't an insult, it's just a simple matter of fact.

edit on 11-12-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join