It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUMP Tax Plan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

i dont know what your world view is based on but it isnt common sense. if i make more money ill buy more things. if i want to buy more things more things need to be produced. if more things need to be produced more people will have work.

a chef making filet mignon is going to get paid more to make it than a hamburger chef. the chef making filet mignon might buy an expesive car. the worker making that expensive car will have a higher salary than a worker who makes cheap cars. higher salary means you can buy more expensive things and more thing in general. spending equals wealth. more people spending more money is good. people dont have money to spend if they pay half their #ing check to the worthless government.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
His tax plan says that Trump will repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). LOL!!!!!! Good luck with that one. Dem and Repub presidents have tried to get rid of it and it has never been repealed because once they truly run the numbers they see how much money the federal govt. will lose without the AMT.

This is a pie in the sky wish list and is another con-job sales pitch Trump has used to fool the right wing masses.

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: yuppa

Riiiggghhhttt
You answered , why not the OP????

trumps tax plan as written(subject to change im sure)

The OP might be busy.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Trump did not win anything in a landslide. Clinton won the popular election by OVER 2 million votes.

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: UKTruth

How are things in Russia? The commenter was spot on. People who live here know that.

Not sure, but I know how things are in the US... Trump won the election and is going to be your new President. With a Republican landslide, things are looking up for the world
Oh, and the Republican tax plan looks great.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
His tax plan says that Trump will repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). LOL!!!!!! Good luck with that one. Dem and Repub presidents have tried to get rid of it and it has never been repealed because once they truly run the numbers they see how much money the federal govt. will lose without the AMT.

This is a pie in the sky wish list and is another con-job sales pitch Trump has used to fool the right wing masses.

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: yuppa

Riiiggghhhttt
You answered , why not the OP????

trumps tax plan as written(subject to change im sure)

The OP might be busy.

Oh youre from california. How about do the Smart thing and ACTUALLY WAIT AND SEE what Trump does?
ALot of U S will be tougher on him if he dont do as he has said than you think.

And 2 million votes isnt alot. thats just from your state alone. The framers didnt want one state deciding how the country is ran. OOh 3 percent of the total population wanted hillary. Smh. And Im a constitutionalist not anything else.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

You will buy more things, but you won't buy more proportionate to income. If your income doubles you're not suddenly going to consume twice as much food, or buy twice as many clothes. You might spend more per item, but that doesn't produce more jobs, because an expensive or inexpensive item takes the same labor to manufacture.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
That is the single most offensive and disgusting thing I have ever, ever read on ATS.

I'm sorry you're offended by reality. Individual effort is where you see rewards, but individual effort isn't what makes things happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Everyone had a chance to lower everyone's taxes and decrease government spending. It wasn't Republican or Democrat, it was Libertarian. Maybe give the next one up for election a chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

uhh the # i wont. and there are far more things for me to consume than just food, clothing, and shelter. i cant even understand how you think.....

if i make just enough to get by and my income doubles i will buy more things. im not gonna save that money. and most people wont. we love to spend. we love getting new things. im gonna get a car, a house, TV's and all those things i buy will keep people employed. im not just gonna buy food and clothes.. like wth.

and an expensive item is expensive because it costs more to produce. more expensive items most definitely do not take the same labor. expensive items are expensive because the labor is more involved. wealth is either produced by shear volume or by making a superior product. a ferrari costs more to make than a toyota.

and back to business again. if a person can pay the government less they can make more and make it better and hire more people and pay them more creating more wealth because now that company is able to give its workers the ability to spend.

without spending the economy doesnt move..

i cant believe im having to say this. you are depressing me.
edit on 15-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"and back to business again. if a person can pay the government less they can make more and make it better and hire more people and pay them more creating more wealth because now that company is able to give its workers the ability to spend."

Sir/Ms I have been hearing this argument since the 80's when the stock market was about 5k or 7k if I recall. The stock market seems to be the thermometer of the how well the rich are doing. I don't think I need to present charts of how well the rich and corporations have been doing since then and how the spending class (the middle class) has declined. I guess what we experience is just stupid and not real.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You won't spend proportionally, it's impossible. Someone making $500k does not create 25x as much demand for products as the person making 20k does. Giving the person making 20k an extra 5k, creates nearly 25% more demand for goods from that person. Giving someone making $500k another 25% doesn't result in 25% more demand.

To take just one area where the wealthy clearly purchase more than the average person, a 20k'er is going to purchase 1 car every 7 or 8 years. In order to consume as much relative to the income difference the 500k person would need to be buying a car every 3.5 months. That just doesn't happen.

The wealthy person tends to consume higher quality, not necessarily consume more. There's only 24 hours in a day, and you're spending part of that working, sleeping, eating, and all the rest. There are hard limits on just how much a specific person can consume because there's physical limits on how much they can eat, or how much free time they have to enjoy themselves.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

uhhh no the two are unrelated. stock market is just gambling. nothing is being made. middle class doesnt profit from nothing being made. middle class profits from actual things being produced. wall street just pushes numbers.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

ughhh... im so over talking to you. think what you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join