It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUMP Tax Plan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

why do you want the rich to pay taxes. they are the ones that employ us. if i run a company and my taxes go down im probably gonna hire more people and/or expand my business. how are you against this?

wtf does the government even do with tax money? they suck. they raise their own wages and squander it. when did people start believing that taxes were this great thing. americanms started a revolution AGAINST taxes. and now you all just throw your money at the government so they can buy weapons to give to foreign armies. seriously ugh..

Why would you hire more people if you earned more profit?

Supposing you ran a supermarket, would you magically now need an additional cashier?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

why do you want the rich to pay taxes. they are the ones that employ us. if i run a company and my taxes go down im probably gonna hire more people and/or expand my business. how are you against this?

wtf does the government even do with tax money? they suck. they raise their own wages and squander it. when did people start believing that taxes were this great thing. americanms started a revolution AGAINST taxes. and now you all just throw your money at the government so they can buy weapons to give to foreign armies. seriously ugh..

The rich aren't the ones who employ you though. Your ultimate employers are the people who create a demand for your product or service. The wealthy consume a few more goods, but it's not proportionate to salaries, a 1%er doesn't create the demand for 100x the pairs of jeans a 70%er does.

If taxes go down, you'll still only hire up to the volume your business is getting. Most volume comes from people at the lower end of the income scale, because those are the ones who are still spending money as they obtain it. As you earn more money you tend to save more of it, which means you're not spending it on local business. That's why giving bigger tax cuts to the wealthy is a bad idea. While it's true that if you give people more money, they're going to spend more that's only true up to the capacity that one person can consume. The wealthy and even most of the middle class already consume to capacity.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

In all honesty it really does not matter at this point. With the currency being in such a inflated state (fiat will do this) it is only a matter of time before it falls. When it does fall the government will be far less concerned with taxes and more worried about the state of the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Hillary would have raised taxes on everyone else -- whether it be income or some hidden BS tax -- she would have still screwed the middle class too.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I simply offer the following.

What is the definition of "fair"?

fair
fer/
adjective
in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.
"the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members"
adverb
without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage.
"no one could say he played fair"

And how about "equal":

e·qual
ˈēkwəl/Submit
adjective
being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value.
"add equal amounts of water and flour"
synonyms: identical, uniform, alike, like, the same, equivalent;

So here is how this works. If you want to be fair and equal, if you believe in equality and fairness (yeah...same thing), then taxes should be the SAME for everyone and every company. Now...same could be one of two things. The same amount, or even MORE FAIRLY, the same percentage of something. Typically that "something" would be income since taxes are based upon income.

Therefore...fair taxation REQUIRES a calculation of the tax due based upon THE SAME percentage of income regardless what the income number is. If you make $100 and you pay 10%, then someone making $1 Million should pay 10%. That is the ONLY FAIR taxation.

Unfair, unequal and I would say...bigoted and ILLEGAL taxation would target certain people to pay an unfair and unequal percentage of their income.

So...in summary and regardless if you disagree with FAIR and EQUAL...that is the ONLY fair and non-prejudice method of taxing an individual, business, corporation, etc.

Like it or not...that is a fact. Now...if you want to be a BIGOT and target people by using taxation as a weapon...that is up to you. But if you do wish to make taxation unfair, how about follow the typical model for "reward and punishment". If you do well and exceed...you are rewarded. If you fail and are lazy, etc...you are punished. That would imply that the more money you make, the more money you spend and the larger you grow your business and therefore employee base...the LESS you should pay.

But I'm for fairness and equality.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Why would you hire more people if you earned more profit?

Supposing you ran a supermarket, would you magically now need an additional cashier?

Plenty of businesses (especially smaller ones) carry less than optimal levels of staff. As you get closer to that balance point, the cost of taking on an extra person or three can become greater than the increase in productivity (and therefore income) that they bring with them. So, they make do with what they have, rather than what they want.

A business with more money in their pocket is better placed to absorb that difference.

More money in the bank can also create both incentive and opportunity for expanding.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The rich aren't the ones who employ you though. Your ultimate employers are the people who create a demand for your product or service.

Really? I don't see those people taking on the financial risk of opening a business or employing staff.

Your ultimate employers are the ones who are taking the financial risk of employing you. The presence of demand in the market simply makes the potential reward from taking that risk worthwhile.

Business is all about the risk. Without the risk takers, without the people with the spare cash and the nerve to put into a proposition that might fail miserably, we would all be writing our posts on wax tablets and submitting it to ATS by giving it to the nearest traveler heading in roughly the right direction.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
With the stock market way up and rich people making lots of money already, we can expect those good paying jobs out in the rural areas real soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
One of the rationales for the higher taxes on the higher earners, as well as the death taxes is to limit the growth of the aristocracy here in the US.

But, no, we really want royalty here in the US for some reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kamebard

The Trump Dynasty will be unlike anything in history. And every one was so worried about Hillary's one kid.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

The rich aren't the ones who employ you though. Your ultimate employers are the people who create a demand for your product or service.

Really? I don't see those people taking on the financial risk of opening a business or employing staff.

Your ultimate employers are the ones who are taking the financial risk of employing you. The presence of demand in the market simply makes the potential reward from taking that risk worthwhile.

Business is all about the risk. Without the risk takers, without the people with the spare cash and the nerve to put into a proposition that might fail miserably, we would all be writing our posts on wax tablets and submitting it to ATS by giving it to the nearest traveler heading in roughly the right direction.

Employers only consolidate efforts and make things run more efficiently, we could all get by through self employment. The only thing that matters is the demand for labor, and demand comes from more than just wealthy people.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Employers only consolidate efforts and make things run more efficiently...

That is so very, very wrong. And incredibly insulting to anyone who has actually made the decision to run a business and employ people.

Businesses are risk takers. They might try to manage and mitigate that risk but, at heart, every time a business opens their doors they are taking a gamble.

All the demand in the world means absolutely nothing without a risk-taker prepared to put their own money (or investors'/banks' money) on the line to satisfy that demand.

By the same token, all the risk-takers in the world mean nothing without some demand that makes it worth the risk.

Your comment is painfully close to Obama's "you didn't build that."

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

um because more profit = more profit. you gotta spend money to make money. no business ever has said they made a million dollars and that was enough. thats what businesses do. when they are given the opportunity (more money) to produce more and or expand they do.

youre asking why would they. ask why wouldn't they.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

yeah and only people who are employed can create demand. when people have more money there is more demand. its within any businesses interest to keep people working. business is good for everybody. if we drain businesses with tax we arent creating any wealth were just giving it to the government.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Your comment is painfully close to Obama's "you didn't build that."

I'm not surprised, because it's a sentiment I agree with. Individual effort is ultimately required to make things happen but businesses don't just build themselves. You're only in business because your customers want to give you money. They're the ones that make things happen. It applies to more than just business too, for example a person who gets a degree is just a small part of that degree. They put in some effort, but it was their professors who taught them, and their classmates who studied with them/motivated them that collectively put in the majority of the effort.

a reply to: Aazadan

yeah and only people who are employed can create demand. when people have more money there is more demand. its within any businesses interest to keep people working. business is good for everybody. if we drain businesses with tax we arent creating any wealth were just giving it to the government.

Unemployed people still create demand. Your need for food, shelter, clothing, and transportation doesn't disappear just because you're unemployed. You might not have the money for something fancy, but you're still going to buy a product (and if you don't, someone else is going to buy it and give it to you). And ultimately, the amount of work created is roughly the same. Fillet Mignon and hamburger don't require substantially different amounts of labor input, and neither do Walmart vs designer clothes.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It baffles me why republicans don't see how their policies are creating the great divide in this country. Just look at these tax brackets.

Trump's brackets have huge gaps between each tax bracket. That's going to create huge fiscal issues for the country. Obama's tax plan is 10000% better for the country because it increases in gradual steps.

The millionaires are going to reap a windfall with their taxes cut dramatically and guess who is going to suffer from this plan? That's right, me and you. We're the ones that are going to see such things as the roads not being fixed and schools not being funded properly just so that the top 1% can get their massive tax breaks under Trump.

The swamp is not getting drained, it's getting bigger.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'm not surprised, because it's a sentiment I agree with. Individual effort is ultimately required to make things happen but businesses don't just build themselves. You're only in business because your customers want to give you money. They're the ones that make things happen. It applies to more than just business too, for example a person who gets a degree is just a small part of that degree. They put in some effort, but it was their professors who taught them, and their classmates who studied with them/motivated them that collectively put in the majority of the effort.

That is the single most offensive and disgusting thing I have ever, ever read on ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
It baffles me why republicans don't see how their policies are creating the great divide in this country. Just look at these tax brackets.

Trump's brackets have huge gaps between each tax bracket. That's going to create huge fiscal issues for the country. Obama's tax plan is 10000% better for the country because it increases in gradual steps.

The millionaires are going to reap a windfall with their taxes cut dramatically and guess who is going to suffer from this plan? That's right, me and you. We're the ones that are going to see such things as the roads not being fixed and schools not being funded properly just so that the top 1% can get their massive tax breaks under Trump.

The swamp is not getting drained, it's getting bigger.

This is funny and I hope you were being sarcastic

I am not sure how the division in the country, one which has been evident for a years, is down to policies that Trump is talking about and are not even in place. Add in the fact that the chart has already been identified as fake news.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How are things in Russia? The commenter was spot on. People who live here know that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: UKTruth

How are things in Russia? The commenter was spot on. People who live here know that.

Not sure, but I know how things are in the US... Trump won the election and is going to be your new President. With a Republican landslide, things are looking up for the world
Oh, and the Republican tax plan looks great.

edit on 15/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join