It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan wants to sell 100 Million galls water to Nestle for $200 Nestle--Privatize Water-Water not

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

isn't kellogs also part of nestle?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think it may have been Daniel Boone or maybe Davy Crockett (I get those two mixed up) who it was said would leave an area as soon as he saw the smoke from a settler's chimney on the horizon.

It is getting pretty populated around these parts too. It's basically a recreational area and not far enough from Grand Rapids really. The road I live on in my swamp is like the crappiest in the area, and even though there are good black top roads a mile east and a mile and one half to the west and about three quarters of a mile north, the traffic on my road is getting crazy, all hours it seems.

I can't see leaving the area now though and will be attempting to take advantage of the business opportunities as the population and tourism grows. I plan on farming hops and selling cottage industry type stuff from a roadside stand in the near future. The seasonal jobs related to recreation are the biggest employers around here unless you want to commute and work in the city. With the explosion of micro-breweries here in West Michigan, hops seems like a good standby with other products to sell to tourists. Being self employed is a tough deal all most anywhere, but these days it would seem to be the most secure thing to do given that most full time employment around here is through a temp service or seasonal business, both of which you will probably get laid off from before you can collect unenjoyment.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: JesusXst

I think that if they want the water, compensate the state. The wells in California went dry during the last drought. I would hate to have my water in the same aquifer as they pull water from.

As far as the piece of work on the video, he would say that drowning puppies should be a lawful act if that was what his corp was doing. Profit, is all that matters. The most important number is the next quarters profit increase.
Wow, that is awfully Communist of you to say. I'm sick and tired of my fake government stealing most of what I have including my water and then selling it to corporate interests.

The 1% tax rate on land means the government is effectively stealing your entire land every 100 years. But they don't own the land rightfully, and they don't own the water on it, rightfully, either. You have also missed the point that these water bottles are consumed by average everyday Americans, therefore the water goes to the public, not to Nestle corporation.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Suggestion, if you can afford it, buy up as much surrounding land as you can to make yourself some kind of a buffer. Do it before the prices go through the roof. We have areas around here that were considered swampland, you could pick up for less than $1000 an acre, that recently sold for 2 million dollars for 5 acres. Not that it is working well for me.

The buffer presently around me is 126 acres of protected land, but it really hasn't protected us from ignorant folk that think it means they can destroy the homes of the wildlife with their ATVs, dirt bikes, and swamp buggies.

I don't know how long it will hold off the area from the plague of the new construction. I have seen other areas fall when the incentive is great enough and the right people have been bought off.

Of course you will have to build a wall to prevent trespassers. Especially if your place is the only natural looking place in the concrete jungle, because they are drawn to it like flies. Though they are destroying everything natural at the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonalwell not counting cost of bottling that would lead to at least a half billion dollar profit for nestles and how the hell can michigan give water away like that but flint water looks like ditch water and is supposedly contaminated with lead.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
yes i myself never by bottled water for myself to drink thats what i got a tap for my mom and my girlfriend both love bottled water it irks me to no end. i tried explain g the bottled water they drink is just tap water in our area

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

It's all about filtration, if you got a nice filter system set up, your mom and g/f wouldn't be able to tell the difference between their tap water and bottled water.

I can certainly taste the difference in my tap water and bottled water, but also know that the only difference between my bottled water and tap, is filtration, chemicals and minerals.

What bugs me is the placing a price of something that was free to begin with.

Unless it's gold and other hard to find resources, kinda don't understand why it's even legal minus the army of lobbyists.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

It's all about filtration, if you got a nice filter system set up, your mom and g/f wouldn't be able to tell the difference between their tap water and bottled water.

Before I dropped my well I had my water tested. I was expecting the guy to give me a song and dance about how unsafe the water was, so he could sell me an expensive water treatment system. I was wrong. He actually said it was the purest water he had tested in the last 20 years.

He did warn me it was because I lived out in the middle of the woods with just a hand full of neighbors, and zero industry or businesses near by. He said it wouldn't last forever, and the quality would change as the number of residents increased, and when commerce entered into the area.

Being the cautious person I am, I dropped down for a good water system with reverse osmosis. My water is excellent. Almost everyone, on their first visit to my house, comments on how great my water tastes, and are quite surprised that well water taste so good.

But you are right, it is due to the filtration. I believe the charcoal and the reverse osmosis is the reason.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridrunfortunately you are tight orginally in th 70s or early 80s they took a tanker ship and filled it from the lake and got caught so now hey figure we will by some land and pay a little bit and take what we want. i read here they have a plant in southern cali that has paid for the water they have pumped out of cali aquifers for nearl 20 years.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join