It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan wants to sell 100 Million galls water to Nestle for $200 Nestle--Privatize Water-Water not

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Great 3 min video on Nestle wanting to privatize water, of course they would, $$$$. RIght to water is an extreme view.

Super cheap product, seems like maybe, just, maybe lets charge these guys an average that home owners would pay for municipal water, discounted due to no processing. Good for Michigan means bad for Nestle.

Just 120 miles from Flint, Michigan, a city reeling from an ongoing two-year water crisis, Nestle is set to acquire 100 million gallons of drinking water — for just US$200.

They want to negotiate with the Govt, you try that. Kinda sad when a registering a car costs more that millions of gallons of raw material for a private company.

In Evart, Michigan the water-guzzling behemoth is in the process of negotiating a permit with the state to increase pumping operations to 210 million gallons of water per year. The groundwater to be pumped is used by residents for drinking and bathing, and is valued at over US$200 billion — but Nestle will only have to pay US$200.
www.telesurtv.net...
edit on 1-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Don't drink any nestle bottled products anytime soon.

That's all I'm going to say.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So what it's there wells on there property. The only thing they have to do is file a permit . They own the mineral rights under there property and it sits on an aquifer reason they built the plant there in the first place.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

A little info on this as it is near. They are asking for water deeper and more wells which they have done studies on if it will have any negative environmental impact. Private ones at that.

www.mlive.com...

"It needs to be studied by all the best environmentalists, hydrologists and people acquainted with the science of where this water is actually coming from," said Jeff Ostahowski, vice president of the Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation.

"There are many different hydrologists who can look at the same data and come up with different conclusions," he said.

The citizen group fought Nestle for years in court to reduce the company's allowed withdrawal; resulting in a 2009 settlement that reduced Nestle's Stanwood wells to an average of 218 gallons per minute, about 313,000 gallons per day, with restrictions on spring and summer withdrawals.

This year it's water. In 2020, it might be air!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Water is a necessity for life and should not be sold.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When the drought in CA turned our water brown I switched to Nestle for in-house delivery of purified water. I never thought of it as buying water though. More to cover the service of delivery and purification and whatnot.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Templeton because: sounded like an ad :/

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I remember an interview with Bill Burr on Conan and he said the same exact thing about nestle! talk bizarre.

www.youtube.com...

At the 2:15 mark of the 3:09 clip. Great stuff, good for you Bill Burr.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Berkey's work far better.

They're efficient and their filters last for years.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I can't view youtube right now, I may have to reboot.

That's right though, the Chocolate Industry is a big water waster, world wide.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Water is a necessity for life and should not be sold.

Growing up in the country and collecting water from streams and wells, buying water was unheard of.

It is mind boggling to me that it is considered humane or even legal to take water from the Earth that we all live on, claim it as a product that is owned by one person, and then to sell it back to the people they took it from at a ridiculous price.

I know that I am an old fart and probably pre-senile, but I sit back sometimes and look at some of the jackass things we allowed ourselves to be brainwashed into accepting as natural or right, and all I can do is shake my head.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I think that if they want the water, compensate the state. The wells in California went dry during the last drought. I would hate to have my water in the same aquifer as they pull water from.

As far as the piece of work on the video, he would say that drowning puppies should be a lawful act if that was what his corp was doing. Profit, is all that matters. The most important number is the next quarters profit increase.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It also uses tons of crap paid slave labot Look into Hershey and how long before they are going to use fair farming to compensate the people who bust their a@@es getting the word chocolate.

That's right though, the Chocolate Industry is a big water waster, world wide.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well if isn't this a chocolately hot potatoe!

Risky business for a global 'merchandise' producer to get into a local infrastructure long term project that could soil em.

It could keep them honest...

Then there's always the Privatization debate. It's not like we aren't all used to bills, and hassles with utilities. Here in Tampa the city runs and trash + water +SEWER. They are all mandatory to get any of them. They all go down with one bill. The customer support is a disaster. Then the power is a private corp. They do stunts like disconnects on Friday's, where if they do that then you're off until Monday at the soonest. They arent available on not even on the phone on the weekend so if its off before you get home from rush hour then youre boned. Customer service not as snippy, but same crap hours. And they're so regulated they might as well call themselves the City Utilities (i.e. the .gov in basically in charge of how much they can bill you per kW). If you try to pay by phone OR EVEN THEIR WEBSITE you get carted off to some bs payment portal that charges you $5! I will say they are something like legendary with keeping the grid crackling (opposed to the Flint, MI Model we're talking a difference of Heaven & Hell).

The big problem in either case is they're both monopolies. Whether corporate of government not much better either way. The cable companies now, where there are more than one int he same jurisdiction oh man, I call the one cable company late in the day on Saturday for new installation and they are out early Sunday to hook it up. Its so efficient the one time I even already had telemarketers calling me on Monday! 24 hours tech support. Etc. You only get that with competition. And that was what Ron paul was talking about when peoples hair lit on fire when he talked about Privatization, he wasn't Just Talking about more faceless monopolies, he was talking about increasingly competitive markets as above.
edit on 1-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nestle has been on record saying clean water is not a human right.

Big corporations want to force the working class to buy clean water through them.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

a reply to: seasonal A little info on this as it is near. They are asking for water deeper and more wells which they have done studies on if it will have any negative environmental impact. Private ones at that. www.mlive.com...

In the meantime, they are injecting all kinds of poisonous toxic liquids into the ground to extract oil and gas.

So what is the plan? Water in the ocean or underground, no longer safe to touch or drink. Next they will be taxing us on our urine.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Tell the Tampa City Utilities that "water is a human right", as they shut your water off. Go picket out there in protest at their payment center. Expect to show your papers if you do!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

MI has a lot of water, and a lot of clay. I'm not sure which one it actually has more of... but I'm sure they wouldn't face anything quite the same scale sinkhole catastrophes as FL.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am with you there. I've hauled water, bathed in a cattle trough, and hand watered crops.

I'm shaking my head right along with you.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join