It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan wants to sell 100 Million galls water to Nestle for $200 Nestle--Privatize Water-Water not

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am with you there. I've hauled water, bathed in a cattle trough, and hand watered crops.

I'm shaking my head right along with you.

And I've lived a total of about 2 years on little more than rainwater.

But responding to Night's argument, that water from the ground being sold back to everyone, who is going to pay for the infrastructure, the purification, the workers, and so on?

How Does Anyone Have Right To Make Other People Work To Serve Them, Or To Other Peoples Stuff?!?
edit on 1-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

We can still get water in all the ways you remember. For the most part. There's not much for streams and rivers here. But you could drop in the restroom and grab a drink from a faucet, or find a hose outside someone's house, or ask for a cup of water from a fast food chain, or find a park with a drinking fountain.

I disagree that it is unheard of. Back a few decades ago big businesses were selling this stuff everywhere. I remember I could buy a 76 ounce cup at the gas station for 19 cents. It was great. I don't remember the water outrage then. I'm not saying it's unfounded. Just interesting. The only difference is back then they added a bunch of sugar to it and called it soda.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But responding to Night's argument, that water from the ground being sold back to everyone, who is going to pay for the infrastructure, the purification, the workers, and so on? How Does Anyone Have Right To Make Other People Work To Serve Them?!?

I have well water. I am not making anyone work to serve me. If anything, since I am a public servant, by choice, I work to serve others.

I am not sure I understand your question?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: jrod

Tell the Tampa City Utilities that "water is a human right", as they shut your water off. Go picket out there in protest at their payment center. Expect to show your papers if you do!

Paying your municipality who built and maintains the aquaduct, performs quality controls, and enables you to have running water at a much smaller fee than buying water in bulk from somewhere else is why we are have a water utility service. We live a capitalistic country so we pay for our utilities.

If you had your own well, or go to a clean spring(Florida still has many) to fetch your water and Tampa City Utilities prevented this, then your argument might be valid.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nestle has asked to increase water usage at it's plant in Michigan.

I don't think there's any word yet if Michigan has approved this or not.

And there is no link to Flint, apart from Nestle getting more fresh water and Flint still having water that's unsafe to drink..

www.freep.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

I disagree that it is unheard of. Back a few decades ago big businesses were selling this stuff everywhere. I remember I could buy a 76 ounce cup at the gas station for 19 cents. It was great. I don't remember the water outrage then. I'm not saying it's unfounded. Just interesting. The only difference is back then they added a bunch of sugar to it and called it soda.

I go back a few more decades than you. There was soda. We couldn't afford it. We had water with a bunch of sugar and food dye. It was call Kool-Aid.

edit on 1-12-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Bad format.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No, surely not. However, there is an ethical questionability here with pumping what is free water out of the ground and then selling it abroad.

I don't know all the specifics but something about it surely doesn't feel right.

link   

Heack yeah, and adding twice as much water to make it last longer! I caught some of that. Good times.

link   
Oh and according to Nestle themselves, they donated 190,000 bottles of water between from October to the end of the year, and continue to do so...

www.nestle.com...

I didn't see that mentioned...

Just thought it was interesting

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Time for urine purifiers!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
I think the writer is trying to be ironic.

And there is no link to Flint, apart from Nestle getting more fresh water and Flint still having water that's unsafe to drink..

The thing is that there are people who depend on that ground water for private use. I guess the question is who comes first.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I mis-read the context herein.

I saw a big corp, "privitizing water", 'water is a human right', and I envisioned those scenario's, in Flint, like I've taken a pretty decent look at in past incidents in places like Central America where The People had to rise up after being screwed by water privatization. From which I reflected on my experiences with our own local utilities, and the big story there is its these monopolies of all stripes that blow as much as they pump.

Apologies for stoking the thread with avenues of derails. I'm spinning many big ideas in my head, doing several things at once, while fartin around the site here in between.
edit on 1-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

For what they're making on the bottles at the stores that's not even a drop in their bucket! The whole Culture of Bottled Water blows me mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That water belongs to the people because the country is ours. If they want the water, 200$ per million means the people responsible for selling and ensuring that the natural resources are being taken care of are idiots.

If they want the raw materials for their finished product, pay Michigan a percentage of the final cost. Nestle and the people of Michigan should be partners, like Alaska, If I remember, the oil industry sends checks to Alaskans. If they don't want to pay the new costs, well let them make their own water.
edit on 1-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So there are talks of selling water to foreign companies miles away from Flint... The #ed up irony in that.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The thing to remember is that Nestle can be beaten if a community bands together and says no. It happened this year back in PA in a little town I lived in....
usuncut.com...

It took a couple of years, but they beat them. Nestle tried everything but lost.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

This is apparently the company we should trust to manage our water, despite the record of large bottling companies like Nestlé having a track record of creating shortages:
www.globalresearch.ca...

But, a corporation is not a human. They are a for profit company and should not be given the same status as humans. If you do not pay the high cost of water, do they still keep your house hooked up? Water is a valuable commodity and the people living in the area have first rights to it, not corporations who ship it out of their area. Eventually the resources go empty. If they want to take it from the river and purify it, let them take it as long as doing so does not jeopardize anyone's supply down stream. No company should have the right to take that much water, I even question small bottling companies taking water out from underground reservoirs. The people in the location should have rights to the water for use in that location. Even then, the residents should not be able to waste resources too much, big factories do that a lot and they profit from depleting the water.
edit on 1-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Humans have a right to free, fresh, clean drinking water period.

The GREED in this country is disgusting. Whats nexts are companies going to start charging us for breathing?

Greed should be listed as a mental disorder, because it is an illness.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's just wrong on every level. They make catching rain water illegal in some parts of the States which is really stupid, they make more chocolate than the world actually needs, thus, wasting millions of gallons of water that could otherwise be put towards human consumption via your taps/water filtration units and Irrigation and storage containments for dry weather emergencies.

These people are greed driven, power driven and possibly demonically driven as well.

What I would love to buy or make, is a portable ocean water seasalt separator. I forget the name of them, I will post when i remember, unless someone else knows what i'm talking about.

There is more sea salt water in our oceans than fresh water. If they would only manufacture something like that, it would be a huge market boost. People would buy them, but at the moment, they're over 1000.00 some of them, the least expensive unit from what I remember was around 6-800 bucks.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Absolutely pathetic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join